Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community split over proposed Wind Farm

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Cronyism is rampant

muffler wrote: »
    Sorry about that. I just went back to the first post and input the details from that.

Have you a planning reference number for the application that has been withdrawn?

Straboy - 10/30221

http://www.donegal.ie/DCC/iplaninternet/internetenquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=1030221

<snip>

100 - 19 = 81 still a very large majority of the locals!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

There were 73 original submissions. The additional objections are for the appeals and they were from the same people again. A number of those 73 withdrew their objections again once they realized that they were bullied into it. Many of the remaining people are using local addresses but they do not live in the area, well no more then 2 weeks of the year anyway.
    We are importing most of the power we use, we need to become self sufficient. We need to use our natural resources to our benefit especially in these time. Otherwise we need to build a nuclear plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lovelyglen

Just had to reply to the comments made above by Glenman...what planet are u currently living on because it sure ain't anywhere near the Glen!! Just a quick question for you...when u say 'campaign of jelousy' from <SNIP>..what do u mean exactly ie jelous of what?? don't quite get that, perhaps u could explain????
    As for ur comment re 'big nobs' objecting...kindly explain this statement. I am one of those very objectors (no..I don't live here for only 2 weeks a year!!!...and no I was not co-ersed by <SNIP> or anyone else to lodge my objection!!!!) I would not consider myself a 'big nob' as u put it!!
    What an impressive list of addresses u typed up...but try all u want...it does not hide the fact that the vast majority of the community are absolutely against this ridiculous venture, and this was reflected in the number of submissions!!
    By the way.....not sure how a nuclear reactor would fit into the glen, but I'm sure there would always be some idiot willing to sign away their land for a few pound if approached to do so!!!!!!!!!!

lovelyglen wrote: »
    Just had to reply to the comments made above by Glenman...what planet are u currently living on because it sure ain't anywhere near the Glen!! Just a quick question for you...when u say 'campaign of jelousy' from <SNIP>...what do u mean exactly ie jelous of what?? don't quite get that, perhaps u could explain????
    As for ur comment re 'big nobs' objecting...kindly explain this statement. I am one of those very objectors (no..I don't live here for only 2 weeks a year!!!...and no I was not co-ersed by <SNIP> or anyone else to lodge my objection!!!!) I would not consider myself a 'big nob' as u put it!!
    What an impressive list of addresses u typed up...but try all u want...it does not hide the fact that the vast majority of the community are absolutely against this ridiculous venture, and this was reflected in the number of submissions!!
    By the way.....not sure how a nuclear reactor would fit into the glen, but I'm sure there would always be some idiot willing to sign away their land for a few pound if approached to do so!!!!!!!!!!

From reading the objections many people state that they are objecting on grounds of health & safety, they talk about radiation emission from the turbines and WTS. Some people stay that the development is too close to Edeninfagh school. Yet how come none of these people including yourself gave a toss when a planning application was put forward to build a high power broadband transmitter within 30metres of the school? No concerns for the health of the pupils for this development?

• Advertisement

Firstly, it is not '30 metres' from the school!!!
    Secondly, there is no comparison between a mast measuring 20 metres and a turbine measuring 100metres!!!!
    Thirdly, compare the impact of ONE mast compared to THIRTY-NINE turbines!!!
    Fourthly, the mast is needed in the area for broadband and much needed mobile coverage, while the turbines were going to bring NO benefits to the area apart from disruption to roads and to the beauty of the area!! Don't give me the waffle back about job creation and all that twat..u and I know that the area would not benefit from one single job!!
    All that the locals would be left with would be the health effects (well documented and proven), the permanent changes to the landscape, not to mention a huge reduction in the value of our property!!!!
    By the way, you didn't answer my question about you're statement re: <SNIP> and their 'jelousy campaign'....really interested to hear that as can't figure out what you mean!!

Sorry I meant within 300 meters. Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned <SNIP> thing on a public forum. This is not the place. Roll on the construction of the 110KV line and the 13 turbines development, it will be nice to see a bit of activity in the area. <SNIP>

Oh yeah, great idea....a deli for all the foreign workers (not a single local in sight!!) As for the power line...you will probably have to wait only about another 10 years for that!!!!:)
    Wouldn't hold your breath on the turbines going ahead either!!!

Glenman wrote: »
    Sorry I meant within 300 meters. Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned <SNIP> thing on a public forum. This is not the place. Roll on the construction of the 110KV line and the 13 turbines development, it will be nice to see a bit of activity in the area. The Tavern should open a deli to facilitate the workmen.

Everyone knows that the only true beneficiaries are <SNIP>

As for your preaching on establishing the Deli - there will be little or no short-term economic benefit to the local area - the foreign workers will have foreign registered vehicles, will have their own private fuel for the project, will buy food and drink in the nearest lidl and live 10/12 to a house in the cheapest available. The long-term damage however will cost all enormously.

As for your defamatory statements with respect to objectors and <SNIP> you should seriously rethink them and retract them. Hiding behind anonymity on this message board does not give you immunity from being sued! (nor does it give Boards such immunity either).

This discussion board is no place for that type of behaviour. I sincerely hope that you do not feel that there is 'some other place' where your innuendo, lies and ill-informed comments can be freely pedalled.

Everyone knows that the only true beneficiaries are likey to be <SNIP>

As for your preaching on establishing the Deli - there will be little or no short-term economic benefit to the local area - the foreign workers will have foreign registered vehicles, will have their own private fuel for the project, will buy food and drink in the nearest lidl and live 10/12 to a house in the cheapest available. The long-term damage however will cost all enormously.

As for your defamatory statements with respect to objectors and <SNIP> you should seriously rethink them and retract them. Hiding behind anonymity on this message board does not give you immunity from being sued! (nor does it give Boards such immunity either).

This discussion board is no place for that type of behaviour. I sincerely hope that you do not feel that there is 'some other place' where your innuendo, lies and ill-informed comments can be freely pedalled.

Sorry, comments retracted and withdrawn. Totally out of order of me.

• Advertisement

Everyone knows that the only true beneficiaries are likey to be <SNIP>

Hear hear to all of the above, couldn't agree more!! We as locals are the people who have to live with this, long after the fuss has settled...and we are not simply going to lie down and give in without one good battle!! These developers thought that they could come in and inflict this outrage on the community, thought 'ah sure the locals won't now any different'..well what started out as 39 turbines is now 13...and it ain't over yet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Right, I have seen enough. I have removed all references to a particular premises as it should never have been posted here. Glenman is banned for 1 month for posting the name of the establishment. Cronyism is rampant is permanently banned for threatening legal action against a user on this forum and also Boards.ie.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement