Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home CCTV camera & recorder

Options
  • 02-11-2009 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi Guys ,
    A mate of mine neighbor has had some recent issues with a few local idiots (kids really) and some nasty smelling incidents (if you know what I mean) on their house and car .
    They have a 20 foot drive way and they asked him if he would be able to help (the couple are in there late 60's) he in turn asked me

so I’m asking you guys . basically I said that maybe the deterrence of a cctv system might be useful eg a 4 camera day/night set up with a decent enough quality at night ( as these muppets are cowards and will surely use the cover of darkness) with a easy record set up ..

so would anyone have any recommendations

here is the main requirements

Day and Night with a decent quality image
    Recording as long as possible
    Ease of use (consider age)
    Price (again consider these peoples age )
    ease of installation ( either me or my mate will do it and I have done some before)
    should be as sturdy as possible ( as don’t you know they will have a go at them )

any help would be appreciated
    thanks
    Darr

hmmm maybe this should be in DIY whoops didnt see the computer part of the form title , Mods could you move ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

K, So I bought something Like this myself last year - Not the exact one but you get the picture

http://cgi.ebay.ie/4CH-Network-DVR-4-Sony-Security-Camera-system-CCTV-HOME_W0QQitemZ250408287243QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CCTV?hash=item3a4d7f3c0b

Now its OK , Easy enough to setup although the quality is not perfect as you can see.

Camera.jpg

But its good enough, for what I want, Supposed to be night vision but once again that's not great either.

camera1.jpg

The night vision is not great, camera 3 points out the driveway. I have an intention to put up a halogen light with a PIR detector to illuminate the drive way when someone enters it.

Those are the negative points, The positive points are:

1. I have the Cameras connected to my Ethernet and my TV network and I can see the picture on all of them.
    2. Although I cannot see the number plates of cars that come into the driveway I can make out the make, Colour & Model and the time that someone comes in the drive way (This should narrow things down a lot in the event of a burglary)
    3. It was cheap Bout €360.00
    4. It was easy to Setup
    5. It records so I can go back over 28 days footage

I am happy enough with what I got for my money, If I had to change one thing it would be the size of the camera. The reason that I put them in place was to be a deterrent and if they were a little bit bigger I would be a lot happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

hey Big Lar ,
    thanks for that , very nice to actually see what the quality is like on them , is the night IR if so I wonder would an IR illumator help out the visablilty . Thanks agin , hopefully will be able to help them out and deter these muppets .
    Dar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Darr wrote: »
    hey Big Lar ,
    so I wonder would an IR illumator help out the visablilty . .
    Dar

I dunno, I think they are IR.

Course you could get a few of these to work with the camera's also
    pir_lamp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

Ive used this company and thier products are top class, no problems. and they can mix and match to meet your requirements and costs. the lads on the phone are very helpful and will advise you whats best without riding you.

http://www.rdtechnologies.biz

Advertisement