Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody ever picked up one of the Aldi portable dvd players?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Col200sx wrote: »
    For sale in Aldi yesterday for €69.99.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2827_10952.htm?WT.mc_id=2009-10-30-10-25

Was thinking about buying one as I'll be doing quite a bit of travelling next year.

Anybody any thoughts on them?

I've picked one up and put it back down again.... :rolleyes:

My buddy has one in his car. It's grand I suppose. I'd rather something with better build quality...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Bill-e wrote: »
    I've picked one up and put it back down again.... :rolleyes:

My buddy has one in his car. It's grand I suppose. I'd rather something with better build quality...

Build quality that bad:(

Would only be looking for one to keep me going on plane/train journeys etc. But I'm guessing too that the battery life is pretty shocking?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

I got one on Sunday as a Santy present, so don't know about the battery life etc, but was plesantly surprised to find that it came with a black case, remote, batteries for remote, earphones, some sort of wire thing that I think can connect it to the telly (scart maybe, sorry i'm clueless). Seemed to be a good buy for the price anyway, but as I said haven't used it yet so i'm not much help

And an adaptor and car adaptor. Possibly other things I can't remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Have bought previous models of portable dvd from Aldi, one lasted 2 years, the other is about 4 years old and still going. If anything does go wrong within a year, bring it back and they refund with no questions asked. I think they are decent quality, certainly not that shoddy, good value for money.

Yeah forgot to say it comes with a three year warranty

• Advertisement

That sounds a lot more promising:D

Maybe for the money then they're worth a shot so.

@ Ms. Captain M: What's the battery pack like?
    (I mean can you replace the battery pack with regular batteries if you get stuck out and about and the battery pack dies?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Got one last year, no problems, brought it on holiday and sometimes the young 'un uses it in the car. Not used alot and still as good as new. I know we have watched full movies on the battery but never really checked the battery life.
    Highly recommended.

I'm at work at the minute so can't check for ya, on the website all it says is "lithium rechargable battery built into the base of player"....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Bought the double one for the kids in the car so I use the adaptor that plugs into ciarette lighter so no comments on battery life. Screen is not as good as the 8inch panasonic I had for the first kid. However its dirt cheap and has a three yr guarantee - you cant really go wrong.

Hopefully they'll still have them now if you decide to get one!

• Advertisement

I went in last night and got the last one in the shop:D

Have to say I'm very impressed with it. Lovely little carrier and accessories with it, only downside is the remote is huge compared to it:rolleyes:

But all in all it looks and sounds great, I already watched a movie on it last night to test it out and it was perfect.

Only one thing though I'm not sure about, can you recharge it while using it?

Advertisement