Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100Mb NTL

1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 XxjustepicxX

Okay the situation is the previous owners of the house said that they didnt want a cable running across their garden.. So Chorus didn't install it.. But last summer i wanted the 15mb package which would be 20mb now but they wouldn't install the co-axial cable for the broadband but maybe with the drastic change in UPC bb, last year 3mb this year 100mb so I'm wondering would they upgrade the cables for the extra capacity and they might install me? Is that possible :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Okay the situation is the previous owners of the house said that they didnt want a cable running across their garden.. So Chorus didn't install it.. But last summer i wanted the 15mb package which would be 20mb now but they wouldn't install the co-axial cable for the broadband but maybe with the drastic change in UPC bb, last year 3mb this year 100mb so I'm wondering would they upgrade the cables for the extra capacity and they might install me? Is that possible :p

Why not wing them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 XxjustepicxX

I did several times.. they said oh im sorry we are having a big problem at the moment which doesnt make sense but anyways then they rang me one thursday morning and said they sorted it out and they were coming to next day to install the co-axial cable to my house i thought that was a good sign the next day the guy came at 3:00 it was booked for 9:00 to 12:00 anyway he said they told him the cable was already installed and he was to install the bb in my house.. ugh i just gave up and got digiweb metro 8mb which im quite happy with :):):) but since all this new speeds on UPC next year i might consider but i dont even have the cable so... its not looking good.. But iv still my good 8mb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

I signed up around the time broadband max came out,
    Started on 10meg i think, my brother's are on 8meg, it's allright.
    Then i was upgraded to 20meg, and now i'm on 30meg.
    I love the speed, considering what dial up was like back in 96.
    When i spoke to upc support the phone last december, they said when
    100meg comes out in our area, broadban max users would be upgraded
    free, same as we were for the other upgraded speeds.
    The other day on the phone, the guy said it's a new package and we
    won't get a free upgrade, i got a reply to a support ticket yesterday
    saying when the 100meg is available they will be in touch for the upgrade.
    Thank you for your recent email.
    As per the records I can confirm that the 100 MB Broadband pack is not yet available at your location. As soon as it will be available at your location our sales department will notify you for the upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sk1

The 8mbps was upped to 10mbps yesterday too.

speeds were upgraded, now you have only 10/20/30/100 mbit

http://www.upc.ie/broadband/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭stephenpalmer

weeder wrote: »
    Lads, a lad i know is claiming that NTL are upgrading his 20Mb line to 100Mb after christmas free of charge and that he heard from an "inside source" so I immidiately call bull**** but I was just wondering are these plans actually in place?as i just laughed at him

Look who is laughing now ha :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Look who is laughing now ha :)
    yes, a year and a half later than expected tho and with a 30mbps upgrade in the middle, so probably neither. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭shinfujiwara

Not understanding anything anymore XD.

The ones with 30mb package will get an upgrade to 100mb free of charge later this year?

I just saw their website now and couldn't understand why the prices for their broadband plans are cheaper when you get a phone with it. Why? Wouldn't it be more money if you are getting another service?

Really nice to see Ireland with such speeds/prices, BTW. Some people had 100mbit line for many years now. But even today, having the opportunity to sign for a line like that is a real privilege.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Not understanding anything anymore XD.

The ones with 30mb package will get an upgrade to 100mb free of charge later this year?

I just saw their website now and couldn't understand why the prices for their broadband plans are cheaper when you get a phone with it. Why? Wouldn't it be more money if you are getting another service?

Really nice to see Ireland with such speeds/prices, BTW. Some people had 100mbit line for many years now. But even today, having the opportunity to sign for a line like that is a real privilege.
    its an old thread that was resurrected so someone could gloat. :)

the current thread is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056262789

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭shinfujiwara

vibe666 wrote: »
    its an old thread that was resurrected so someone could gloat. :)

the current thread is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056262789

Thank you very much. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement