Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a web developer business partner?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm looking for an experienced web developer (no design skills necessary) proficient in Ajax, Javascript, CSS, PHP and MySQL to join me in setting up a web based service.

Are there any specific places to find developers interested in new business?

Thanks,
    j.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DaveyByrne

I have experience in joint ventures setting up online systems - it's not easy. Before you start you've got to ask the really difficult questions... not everyone is automatically going to build the next Google or Twitter!

All the difficulty surrounds finance, intellectual property and division of how everything works. Then there's the whole thing about people actually getting on with each other.

If you can share your idea without the worry of someone stealing it, then drop me a line... you can check out my software development work at www.codecolony.com

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

pixels wrote: »
    I'm looking for an experienced web developer (no design skills necessary) proficient in Ajax, Javascript, CSS, PHP and MySQL to join me in setting up a web based service.

Are there any specific places to find developers interested in new business?
    Yes. From the forum charter you were meant to read before posting:
    Recruitment
    1. Post your jobs here.
    2. Asking people, on the forum threads, to contact you or somebody you know about work is a bannable offence. Use the private messaging system. Yes I know this seems a little draconian and there's nothing wrong with a little networking - consider it to be a little dutch boy system: Plugging up this one little crack prevents us all from getting drowned.
    3. Open Source Projects: If you want collaborators great, ask away. Have a look at the Open Source forum as well though. Post Your Code, if it's open source you'll have to share it anyway. If you project is to become a commercial project then please state this from the outset, such honesty will prevent your thread from being locked or deleted.
    4. Community projects: If you're starting a community, i.e. non-commercial, based site or project then we'd love to hear about it. Please don't spam the forum or hijack other threads though.
    5. Do not offer your services. Most people on this forum are programmers, they don't need you to do their job for them.
    6. There is a Work & Jobs forum. Are you sure this isn't what you're looking for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement