Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping meteor spam messages

• 02-11-2009 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

How do you stop meteor from sending silly SMS messages like "You have topped up". D'oh thanks for stating the obvious. It just seems like a waste of time to me.

Also I have no intention of registering the sim or calling them as I want this sim to be totally under the radar.

So, can it be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I quite like those because I top up online and sometimes when I don't get the message for a while I wonder have I entered the wrong mobile number.

If you're not registered with them I can't see any way of stopping it.

Maybe get a blacklist SMS application for your phone and block them that way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I doubt this old phone does that. Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I will just have to live with it. Ah Well. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Also I have no intention of registering the sim or calling them as I want this sim to be totally under the radar.

Is this the phone you use to call your drug dealer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

4 months on and dispite texting stop to 50003 many times, I am still receiving loads of spam texts from meteor about their offers etc. Enough is enough.

Is there any way to stop them for good?

Advertisement