Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner Suits

• 02-11-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere doing a decent deal on evening suits? Typically a single breasted, one button jacket and trousers. The M&S site has a few nice ones listed, but dunno if they'll stock them all in their stores here.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

There was an article in the Evening Herald last week on suits.

In general the article was very dismissive of even high-priced business suits.

One however (aside from the label) that faired well was a dress suit/dinner suit/tuxedo from Penneys of all places for c.€50.

For another option try David Carey Menswear in Omni Shopping Centre. They had been advertising on radio, but don't know if they still are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

fdevine wrote: »
    There was an article in the Evening Herald last week on suits.

In general the article was very dismissive of even high-priced business suits.

One however (aside from the label) that faired well was a dress suit/dinner suit/tuxedo from Penneys of all places for c.€50.

For another option try David Carey Menswear in Omni Shopping Centre. They had been advertising on radio, but don't know if they still are.

Thanks for that-checked out the penneys one, it really wasn't great at all.

Went everywhere in town- M&S (north and south of the river), Best, Diffneys, Debenhams, Dunnes, Burton but couldn't get the size.

Best deal of the lot was in M&S-€70 for a decent fit and it looked nice but didn't have the size. Next after that was Burton, same story-couldn't get the size. They had one for €160.

Got a text off a friend about www.dickybow.ie for a 70% wool single button tux with a shirt, bow tie and cuff links for €80 delivered. Phoned them up and asked a few questions so decided to chance our arm on that. They have a 7 day no quibble guarantee, so we really couldn't go wrong. Burton in Blanch have the size on hold, so if dickybow isn't up to scratch we'll return it and go out to Blanch.

If it works out, it'll be a pretty fantastic deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Okay, just to get back about dickybow.ie - the suit was pretty sweet I have to say. Quality was pretty decent, and certainly better than the €250-300 offerings around town. I used to sell suits for 3 years, so I know my stuff.

Delivery was quick, bow tie was fine, cufflinks ****e. Overall, I would definitely recommend this for grads/debs etc....

Advertisement