Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT '09' Results Out 11/11/09

Options
  • 02-11-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

GAMSAT '09' Results Out 06/11/09

Check the link below

GAMSAT UK - Home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

Pleo wrote: »

Check the link below

GAMSAT UK - Home

*silly question*

can you apply to irish schools with UK/OZ/NZ GAMSAT? or is it just UK schools?

thanks, and any statistics on scoring?, cant see them on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

*silly question*

can you apply to irish schools with UK/OZ/NZ GAMSAT? or is it just UK schools?

thanks, and any statistics on scoring?, cant see them on the website

You can apply to Irish schools with a GAMSAT from any where provided it is not more than 2 years old.

For 2010 entry:
    Candidates may sit the GAMSAT test at other test centres worldwide, or may submit the results of a
    GAMSAT test already taken, provided the test was not taken before 1 September 2008.

Pleo wrote: »

Check the link below

GAMSAT UK - Home

Where does it say the 11th? It just says mid-November on the webpage as far as I can see. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MedGal

If you log in to view past results it states that results won't be released until after November 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Since the OP has been contradicted by two other posters, I've PM'd him asking for him to confirm his source.

L-M (Mod).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Pleo

my mistake

I got a mail to say that they'll be out Fri 6th at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 neurodegenerate

Me too!!!:eek: Ahhh nervous! But I can't wait to get them! It's brilliant they are out on friday, I couldn't have waited any longer!

I'm a bit curious what I got but don't hold high hopes due to little preparation.

March is the big one!!

good luck with the results everyone :)

• Advertisement

In shock here. The agony and ecstasy of 61!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gordonmedques

hi all. can i ask what the expected cut-off for rcsi & ucd is? i am really wondering what the issues are that could effect this, e.g. could the scores this sep & next march be much higher than usual etc? am in shock with 67 and just am not sure if i can be certain of being in. thanks...

hi all. can i ask what the expected cut-off for rcsi & ucd is? i am really wondering what the issues are that could effect this, e.g. could the scores this sep & next march be much higher than usual etc? am in shock with 67 and just am not sure if i can be certain of being in. thanks...

Well done gordon. RCSI was 61 and UCD 60 this year in the final round. I can't see them going higher than 67 in one year to be honest. i would expect it to go up but not by was much as that. I guess there is no such thing as certainty until you have the offer in your hand.

Thanks MicraBoy. Yeh from what i understand it is unlikely that the required levels will change given the scoring system etc. Wouldn't mind hearing other viewpoints on this. Btw, i only scored 67 cause i aced sec 2. For what its worth i think anyone even trying gamsat has serious guts given the hype and difficulty re the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 vinylqueen

i got 64, also from doing well in section II. *completely* in shock.

Well done vinylqueen.

gordon I compiled this just now from info on the CAO website.

thanks MicraBoy, appreciate it. it looks like 61 is enough unless there is a big swing. u gonna go again in March? it looks like u have already done enough.

well done vqueen...after all my work on organic chem its just funny how sec 2 carried me thru...am sure u feel the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 vinylqueen

thanks guys! congrats to everyone who did that bloody thing. it was a nightmare and you've all done amazingly from the sounds of things!

absolutely... i'm a non-sci head so was absolutely gobsmacked to have even passed that section despite 3 months with my head in organic chem for dummies. after the exam i was devastated but finally feel like every morning i didn't have a lie in and wrote an essay was worth it now. deadly buzz :D

thanks MicraBoy, appreciate it. it looks like 61 is enough unless there is a big swing. u gonna go again in March? it looks like u have already done enough.

well done vqueen...after all my work on organic chem its just funny how sec 2 carried me thru...am sure u feel the same...

Yeah its a bit border line for my liking. I'm fairly sure I can improve my score in section 3 so am deffo doing it again in March to make sure I get it.

MicraBoy wrote: »
    Yeah its a bit border line for my liking. I'm fairly sure I can improve my score in section 3 so am deffo doing it again in March to make sure I get it.

are you aiming for RCSI? even if its borderline for first round, it would have got you in last year 1st or 2nd round, and the exam can swing either way not taking anything away from you but HPAT/GAMSAT like exams are horrible because of they way they are done out, if i got 61 i wouldnt be doing it again, because i know i would get in somewhere :P, if it was lower than 57 then i would probably be repeating just to make sure, and i'll be damned if the people who posted their results so far arent the over-achievers, because if im not wrong 61 should be alot over 95th percentile atleast last year

• Advertisement

are you aiming for RCSI? even if its borderline for first round, it would have got you in last year 1st or 2nd round, and the exam can swing either way not taking anything away from you but HPAT/GAMSAT like exams are horrible because of they way they are done out, if i got 61 i wouldnt be doing it again, because i know i would get in somewhere :P, if it was lower than 57 then i would probably be repeating just to make sure, and i'll be damned if the people who posted their results so far arent the over-achievers, because if im not wrong 61 should be alot over 95th percentile atleast last year

Yeah my preference is for RCSI that's why I thought it was borderline. If it goes up anymore I could miss out. I guess for the others I'm probably ok. I'm not sure I wanna take the chance though. If it goes horribley wrong in March I always have this result to fall back on. I can choose which result to submit to CAO, so there is no harm in doing it right?

Advertisement