Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographer to create spoof magazine

• 02-11-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭

elscorcho wrote: »
    Hi,

Any one out there know of any photographer we would be able to put together a spoof edition of Hello Magazine for a wedding taking place in dublin next weekend.

What is required:

1. Photographer to take some photos at the end of the wedding ceremony outside a city centre church at 2pm saturday - in total 30 minutes work - we have already appointed an official photograper.

2. Publish, print and bind (staple binding is ok) 100 copies of the magazine - which would be 6 pages in total. Must be delivered to a City Centre Hotel by 10pm that evening

Interested photographers should be able to demonstrate similar work. I can provide additional 4 spoof write ups which can be placed around the photos

Cheers

It's a cute idea, but I'd definitely put thought into making the spoof magazine sufficiently dissimilar to the ACTUAL hello magazine that the photographer involved isn't sued into oblivion by the august publication in question.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

august publication

maybe make it like VIP magazine, that's much more november than august :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

It's a cute idea, but I'd definitely put thought into making the spoof magazine sufficiently dissimilar to the ACTUAL hello magazine that the photographer involved isn't sued into oblivion by the august publication in question.
    Somehow, I very much doubt that Hello are going to sue over a bit of non-profit fun for somebody's wedding. :rolleyes:
    And that is if they somehow found out about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Reoil wrote: »
    Somehow, I very much doubt that Hello are going to sue over a bit of non-profit fun for somebody's wedding. :rolleyes:

how is this non-profit for the photographer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Reoil wrote: »
    And that is if they somehow found out about it...

Ha! You'd be surprised.

Is the photographer being payed? If so then its not "non-profit"

And even if the photographer is expected to work for free, then youll find that Hello may not be happy if the magazine is seen as infrinnging on their image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 elscorcho

theres more to life than copyright infringement - stick it to the man ;-)

simply rebrand - change the logo style/font/colour whatever.... pepsi got away with it with coke :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The OP has been moved into the Photographic Services Offered/Wanted Sticky.

Feel free to discuss the issues around the concept here. Copy of Text below, but no offers in this thread. Anyone interested should do it by PM.
    Hi,

Any one out there know of any photographer we would be able to put together a spoof edition of Hello Magazine for a wedding taking place in dublin next weekend.

What is required:

1. Photographer to take some photos at the end of the wedding ceremony outside a city centre church at 2pm saturday - in total 30 minutes work - we have already appointed an official photograper.

2. Publish, print and bind (staple binding is ok) 100 copies of the magazine - which would be 6 pages in total. Must be delivered to a City Centre Hotel by 10pm that evening

Interested photographers should be able to demonstrate similar work. I can provide additional 4 spoof write ups which can be placed around the photos

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

theres more to life than copyright infringement - stick it to the man ;-)

Most photographers actually care about copyright, since it directly effects them.

Besides, it would be the photographer who would be taken to court over this.

Doesn't sound like a smart idea really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

The title for the spoof version of HELLO! should be HOWYA!

haha good idea - howya it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Cant see this being a problem for Hello magazine or any of the others in this genre.

Its a great idea, could imagine it would be pricy taking into account the turnaround time required!

• Advertisement

Agreed Paul that copyright is important, but there is no copyright on the general concept that i am proposing. If there is no reference to hello in the publication then no problem.

On a related note though - has phoenix magazine ever been sued?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Agreed Paul that copyright is important, but there is no copyright on the general concept that i am proposing. If there is no reference to hello in the publication then no problem.

Felix Da Housecat a DJ used the hello or ok theme for an album cover, as did Gift Grub I think they went with a VIP style.

107335_l_0.png
    BMR86364.jpg
    59232.jpg

Gift%20Grub%207%20medium.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yes, they have, and they've lost a few cases.

But, the majority of their work is editorial satire, which can get away with a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

CabanSail wrote: »
    The OP has been moved into the Photographic Services Offered/Wanted Sticky.

You couldn't un-disappear the post at the top of this thread, could you ? It looks wierd, like I'm replying to my own new thread title or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

You couldn't un-disappear the post at the top of this thread, could you ? It looks wierd, like I'm replying to my own new thread title or something.

Modified now.

If only it was possible to rearrange the order of posts in a thread ...... actually that would be a lot of fun! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

CabanSail wrote: »
    Modified now.

If only it was possible to rearrange the order of posts in a thread ...... actually that would be a lot of fun! :D

better keep an eye on u then !

Advertisement