Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Competition Closed] Win a stay with dinner at Dublin's 5 Star Shelbourne Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

My favourite hotel in Dublin is Citywest, good food, spa and bedrooms- good value for money too!!

Am a budding foodie so would totally love to win this prize!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

My favourite restaurant is Abalone in Galway.

The menu and wine list may not be big but the food the serve is of superb quality and perfectly cooked.

Also, the staff really know how to serve a table. Might be a small thing for some but to me it's very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 asterix

Roly's in Ballsbridge for hearty fare that's good value - perfect for larger groups and family celebrations in particular.

Eden in Temple Bar is also great. Trendy with good food and service. Good option for couples or smaller groups of 4/6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Favourite restaurant is Luigi Malones in Temple Bar. Gorgeous steak, excellent staff and good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Fav restaurant at the moment would have to be Jaipur Indian on Georges St in Dublin.
    Purely for the quality of food on offer and the brilliance of service. They'll pretty much make the food as spicy as you want it. They can ensure you're not lurching for the water, and at the same time, if you WANT it hot...make sure to insert your asbestos tongue before eating....tremendous!!!
    I love this place...the atmosphere is ALWAYS great and they've got other branches in Monkstown, Dalkey, Malahide and Ongar Village (all Dublin) and Greystones (Co Wicklow). I intend to visit the other locations in the near future to see if they all live up to the standards set by the Georges St venue.
    Unfortunately, they've no restaurants elsewhere, but if you're up in Dublin, I'd highly recommend a visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Scottty2Hottty

Fav restaurant at the moment is Pacinnos beside Grafton St. Great Value, Great Staff, Great food!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

We have stayed a few times in the crown plaza blanchardstown. Great for shopping and great value.

For restaurants in Galway. People need to start discovering Sheridans by the docks. WOW is all ill say there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

My favourite restaurant is the red bank in Skerries. My favourite hotel is Dromoland castle...nice! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

My absolute favourite restaurant of all time is the Millstone. Their pesto, sundried tomato and cheese garlic bread is divine, and I can't begin to explain how amazing their steak is. And you have to get the red wine and thyme jus, and shoestring chips too!
    It's expensive, but it's so worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

My most recent Dublin discovery is The French Paradox in Ballsbridge. Great food and they import exclusively their own great wines!

My long time favourite would have to be One Pico located just off Molesworth Street.

A new Thai restaurant that was impressive is Tom Yam in Monkstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Am a big fan of Langkawi, a Malaysian Restaurant on Baggot St.

Excellent grub, eaten there a fair few times and never had a bad experience.

P.S. Would love a stay in the Shelbourne ;)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 joanboot

My hubby and I stayed in the Dylan Hotel for a special weekend two years ago and it was pure luxury, would love to go back to Dublin for a little R&R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 A.Blinkin

Thanks for the opportunity Michael.

My favourite restaurant is Salamanca, St. Andrew's Street, Dublin 2.

They do a great lunch special where you can get 2 tapas with a glass of wine or 3 tapas for €10.

The House Wine was gorgeous last time I was there, and the food was faultless.

Yummy! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 royal_alchemist

Absolutely adore Kavanagh's Gravedigger near Glasnevin Cemetery!
    It only does food Mon-Fri (lunch and dinner till 8.30 PM), mixed between Italian and Spanish tapas dish-style: can eat 4 or 5 different things with less than 20 euro and menu keep being revised.
    And... best guinness in Dublin IMHO! :)
    Definitely worth a visti to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lorkel

My favourite hotel is the Inchydoney Lodge and Spa in Clonakilty, Co. Cork.
    The location is amazing, overlooking 2 blue flag beaches, the staff very helpful and the spa is pure luxury.
    The bar food in Dunes is really good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Favourite restaurant is the Chameleon restaurant in Temple Bar. Food is fantastic, and whether you're going for a bite with friends or someone special, can accommodate both, while still a charming cosy spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

Has to be Renvyle House Hotel, Tully Cross - favourite restaurant AND favourite hotel, so 2 answers for the price of 1. Why?
    Organic and local produced food
    Menu changes daily
    Surrounded by the sea and lake
    Enjoyable at any time of the year - sunny days lie by the outdoor pool (YES!) and winter, laze by any tumber of turf fires with a good book and glass of wine. If raining (as it does in Galway quite a bit) gaze at rain from conservatory.
    Golf course and boats available
    Yoga classes
    Good walking all around the area
    Nice gardens, especially springtime when daffodils appearing
    Environmental considerations
    Friendly staff
    Pet Friendly
    Suitable for all ages - my parents favourite also and my sister had her wedding there, so I really am speaking on behalf of the whole family!
    I really could go on....even the driveway is nice as are the ducks and swans (one of which bit my niece's bum on our last visit!!!)
    I never WIN either...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bloominefa

O Callaghan Walshes in Rosscarbery, West Cork, serves the finest seafood I have ever tasted. Situated in an old townhouse on the village sqaure, its simply superb.

In Dublin I would have to go with either Fallon and Byrne on exchequer st or Rolys in ballsbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clare.fannin

Browns cafe and deli in Sandymount Green, Dublin 4.
    The food is delicious but I think its the quirky menu that adds the little extra, the owner describes each of the meals in his own language, adding funny details like a certain dish is his personal favourite or its his mothers receipe.
    Also great food for great value, a main, starter and glass of wine only €20 for excellent foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Vin na Mara in Galway..

Great food (I do mean great), relaxed atmosphere and spacious seating. First date with missus there !!

Now offering all main courses for 10 euro lunchtime menu for a multi award winning restaurant; excellent..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alipackers

Good comp!
    My fave restaurant is Kinara in Clontarf.
    Great food, nice staff and they're not afraid to give out a complimentary drink now and again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

My Fav restaurant in Dublin is the ThunderRoa Cafe. Sucker for American Burgers!!

Never stayed in Town before though!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Mermaid Cafe for me. Good relaxed atmosphere and delicious food - seafood casserole yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Pincxos in templae bar, amazing tapas and cheap as chips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Yamamori Sushi/Noodles in Dublin. Unreal stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrs Stig

I have stayed in a few hotels in Dublin and the nicest so far has been the Skylon Hotel (after we got an upgrade I might add). I have also had nice stays in the Camden Court Hotel and the Clarion.

I have yet to find a restaurant that I LOVE in Dublin, once the recession is over I intend to find one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

What a great prize!

Ok so my favourite restarant in Dublin has to be Pacino's on Suffolk St. It is really reasonable (they're doing a fab recession offer thing right now - 2 courses for 10.95), and it's always very consistent which I think is important. The atmosphere is lovely too, not stuffy at all and the service is great! Also, best creamy mushroom sauce ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

My hubby and I had a wonderful time in Dax, Pembroke Street, Dublin. It's to be kept for a special occasion. We went for my birthday back in January and we are still talking about it. The cuisine is exquisite and the service really French class. A must try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Great competition, I would have to put a shout in for Tenors Restaurant in Donnybrook. I've been five times in the past three months after going on the recommendation of a work colleague. With starters at €5, mains at €10 (apart from a large steak which i believe is €18 and still fantastic value) and deserts at €5 you cant go wrong. We generally take advantage of their four sides for €10 offer also!

Each time the food has been great with a superb but i would recommend booking in advance. I had been concerned that with the mains so cheap the size may be effected but I've been stuffed every time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 globalkb

Thanks Michael.

My absolute favourite restaurant is the Guinea Pig in Dalkey, bit pricey for the times we are in but they do a great early bird menu! plus as a vegetarian I even get my own full menu,even when I go in for early bird, not the usual 1 veggie dish per restaurant!icon7.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement