Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem RE shut down during boot

Options
  • 02-11-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi again all

I completed my first build within the last day or two and it has been running fine.

I have a MSI P55-G65 motherboard and I gave in to trying OC Genie within the mobo. I shut down, pressed the OC Genie Button and powered back up. Half way into boot it shut itself down. OK so I reverse it and deselect the OC Genie and power up. OC genie is off but I cant boot, fans and everything start up as normal and then as W7 is loading it shuts down.......Also I am getting a single beep on startup which would indicate all is fine, but clearly its not

Any ideas folks, I need this up and running again as soon as.

Thanking you
    Rgds
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Situation resolved folks.

****Ill post my actions for any similar issues for anyone using OC genie with P55-G65 motherboard.

Problem : I shut down. Pressed the OC Genie button, powered up and PC just kept shutting down.

What you need to do to fix this is the following.

1. Power up and keep tapping delete to enter the BIOS. Once there choose F6 which is "optimal settings" and the move down to " save and exit".

**Please note sometimes when you power up you may not make it to the BIOS screen, just keep trying cos step 1 above is what you need to do.**

This must be done quickly, and assuming it was the PC should should down and reboot into windows, leave it for 5 mins and it may or may not shut itself down again. If so it should restart into windows properly the next time and stabilize.

Rgds
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

The real question is of course why are you cheating and not overclocking the good old fasioned way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Or you could just reset the bios, using the jumper on the motherboard(see manual). Or just take out the cmos battery for around a minute and when you put it back in everything will be put back to it's original settings.

Switch her on and off you go

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    The real question is of course why are you cheating and not overclocking the good old fasioned way :P

Because I know very little about manual overclocking...cheating is such a strong word..:p

Advertisement