Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

blubloblu wrote: »
    $100,000 to transport some Colombian 'flowder'? Should I risk it?

Last time I checked- it wasn't among Columbia's top exports?.......
    The norm is you get fined 4 times what you get paid to transport the goods- if narcotics or prohibited goods are hidden in the cargo. If you bargain with these guys and get them up to $250k for the shipment (plausible) you get fined $1m when you land........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    The reason i buy shares is because i buy them low and hope they increase then i sell them and make a profit for example

200000 D'bonair Airlines $ 17.43 / 3.22 $ 3,485,438

I have $150M in the bank, I plan on picking up my first A380 this time tomorrow. Shares should jump then. After that will continue to increase A342s to 50 and B788s to 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I wouldn't take the risk. I'm not going to transport anything from Colombia again, I've only heard bad things and I got fined 4 times the amount agreed to transport them once I had got to Miami.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Frayah Express Update....

I have had to put the linkage of all base on the back burner for the next week or so, as after making up the milage from Tokyo - Buenos Aires is 18377, which means I need to purchase the A380 to fly this sector, as an Interim masure, Iave now linked up Darwin - San Diego (B787-8), Darwin - Buenos Aires (A340-2).

I plan to link the other bases within the next 24 hours with a mix of A340, B767 & B787

Share Price now 8.74

Frayah Express

BTW, Ig you want to create a Logo,use logoease.com as its free and i created mine there last night.

First Aircraft in Interim colour scheme

[IMG][/img]210znyw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I am getting told facebook itself is down at the moment.
    Tiddle fisks.

Have sold off my thirty boeings and increased my a340-200 to over 100, also bought a couple more 340-600.
    Will be stock piling cash after I buy a coupld more 340 600s to to buy a few more 380's.
    Those of you who have shares with me, they should rise pretty fast during the next 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

smccarrick wrote: »
    Last time I checked- it wasn't among Columbia's top exports?.......
    The norm is you get fined 4 times what you get paid to transport the goods- if narcotics or prohibited goods are hidden in the cargo. If you bargain with these guys and get them up to $250k for the shipment (plausible) you get fined $1m when you land........
    :D I just got $400,000 and didn't get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

Tyrone airlines is doing alright just now, with share prices on a steady increase.

Just pulled out of Europe, withdrawing the only flight I had there to pick a higher demand route that makes more use of the full 2000km range of the aircraft over in Russia.

Only ended up flying into Russia by chance as I had purchased a B737-700ER and wanted to use the full range flying from Brisbane, and then when I bought another B737-700ER I started another route from Brisbane to Russia too to a destination 2000km from the first place and I have no joined them up.

Long flights seem to be very profitable alright, but it leaves me with no flights to do when I log in as I tend to log in very frequently. Does anyone know of any area where I could start up a cluster of short range flights that would make a bit of money without too much of an initial outlay.

Do the ticket prices differ for using different aircraft doing the same route?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

TirEoghain wrote: »
    I've been swapping a few planes round on some routes as I figure out better ones for the job, and get the cash to be able to afford the plane. I've not noticed any change in the basic ticket price on the routes though, just being able to carry more people and get them there faster in a different plane makes the difference to your income though.

TirEoghain wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any area where I could start up a cluster of short range flights that would make a bit of money without too much of an initial outlay.

I think each aircraft has a different ticket price. Obviouslt the A318 Elite as a biz jet has a huge ticket price compared to the noraml A318-100. Was a bit disappointed in the return on teh A318CJ with its 39 seats.

As for short routes I think your best bet would be choosing somewhere like Africa where (due to the nature of facebook,as a 'western' or 'asian' trend) there may be less players having routes. I personally find that Canada seems to have high demand. Both areas have a lot of airports in close proximity to each other.
    gaff85 wrote: »
    Frayah Express is delighted to announce, we have just broke the magical 100 route mark.
    Shame they removed the 100 route bonus....or was that the 100 aircraft one. Now I have to try get 100 routes out of DUB

Dacian wrote: »
    I think each aircraft has a different ticket price.

As for short routes I think your best bet would be choosing somewhere like Africa where (due to the nature of facebook,as a 'western' or 'asian' trend) there may be less players having routes. I personally find that Canada seems to have high demand. Both areas have a lot of airports in close proximity to each other.

Some aircraft, like the business jet have a far bigger ticket price than others, however this is the exception I believe. Distance is key in ticket price. The larger planes generally need more fuel, have larger landing fees and staffing cost so overall profit per ticket may appear lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Coolio

hi,

anyone else having probs buying shares, was looking to buy and every one of the irish airlines come up with no stock, even some random airline in the promotion area i couldn't buy any either?

Nor can i see my status screen for stocks held and sold?? any ideas?

Culanski Airlines

PS feel free to buy busloads of my shares! :P up to €0.38 picking up money way faster these days so expanding expontentialy...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Shame they removed the 100 route bonus....or was that the 100 aircraft one. Now I have to try get 100 routes out of DUB

I Only got this achievemnt this afternoon, there is a second one of flying 100 routes from your hub. This will probaly be my next achievment as I dont intend on paying staff 10 increaes to get an achievment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

dannym08 wrote: »
    fuel isnt being taken when you fly routes. my fuel has been at 4.95m lbs for ages and ive flown plenty of routes

is it fixed ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

pm. wrote: »
    is it fixed ??

nope. still not taking any fuel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's using my fuel. :(

Just got informed of my first C-Check needed. Thats a A321 out of commission for a while. Will know how much it will cost tomorrow as it lands back in 2 hours.

Am loving that loophole I was lucky enought to take advantage of. Just launched 10 A318 Elites, only $2.1M profit. But as they are already paid for its handy money.

I like the earlier suggestion of a/c trading. What happens to the a/c you sell off? Would be an idea to have a used aircraft market. Price based on hours flown for previous airline. Would be a way to get widebodies on the cheap.

Have just sold the last of my 15K top meals. Total of 45000 profit. Not a lot really. Don't think catering is really worth the effort of clicking!!!!

Wonder will they introduce inflight entertainment. Maybe bonuses for connection opportunities, thus stopping people having routes geographically disparate. Maybe a small % of pax on each flight into an airport you serve with more than 5 routes (for example) will generate extra 'transit' revenue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

robinph wrote: »
    It's using my fuel. :(

lol i dont know why but my fuel hasnt gone down in the last hour or so:D

no complaints from me tho:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Funky Tinker Airlines has jumped a euro in stock in the last 2 days, invest now while low, going big time, just need the A380 :D

smalfta.jpg

Enjoy your flight :pac:

Coolio wrote: »
    hi,

anyone else having probs buying shares, was looking to buy and every one of the irish airlines come up with no stock, even some random airline in the promotion area i couldn't buy any either?

Nor can i see my status screen for stocks held and sold?? any ideas?

Culanski Airlines

PS feel free to buy busloads of my shares! :P up to €0.38 picking up money way faster these days so expanding expontentialy...

You can only own a maximum of 1 million shares and no more than 200000 in any one airline and your airline can only sell 1 million shares.
    You've probably beached these figures or the airline you are trying to buy shares in is all out.
    You can check how many in total you own and how many in total you have sold on the "stock" page, click the status buttom on the right (which doesnt appear to be working at the moment so perhaps buying stock is borked also)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Tried to read all 50 pages of this and gave up. Found the site for max distance so that was handy. Also saw the piece on the price of the MD-80s.

I set this up a month ago and then forgot about it, so all my money is gone and I have feck all fuel left. Current price is over $2000.

So major restructuring going on now.

Sold my A319-200, and 3 ATR 42's.

Bought 2 MD-80s and spent the rest on fuel to cover those first flights. Doing Max 6000km flights so starting to make some money back, even at 2.1 Mil, with range of 6000km and 130 pax its looking like a good aircraft. The plan is to purchase 5 within the next week depending on price.

Share price, .07 Get in now and watch it go up!

BelgradeLondon ATR 42-300
    TallinnLondon ATR 42-300
    PhiladelphiaLondon MD80
    Arlington CountyLondon MD80

Status Update, all running well now, collapse saved!

LINKAER Airlines

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Tried to read all 50 pages of this and gave up. Found the site for max distance so that was handy. Also saw the piece on the price of the MD-80s.

I set this up a month ago and then forgot about it, so all my money is gone and I have feck all fuel left. Current price is over $2000.

So major restructuring going on now.

Sold my A319-200, and 3 ATR 42's.

Bought 2 MD-80s and spent the rest on fuel to cover those first flights. Doing Max 6000km flights so starting to make some money back, even at 2.1 Mil, with range of 6000km and 130 pax its looking like a good aircraft. The plan is to purchase 5 within the next week depending on price.

Share price, .07 Get in now and watch it go up!

BelgradeLondon ATR 42-300
    TallinnLondon ATR 42-300
    PhiladelphiaLondon MD80
    Arlington CountyLondon MD80

Status Update, all running well now, collapse saved!

LINKAER Airlines

Have a look at the B707, should be a good little earner for you ;)

A321 currently having C Check. Cost 267K, out of commision for 6 hours.

Have 2 more that need it a B738 (150K) and a A320 (210K) Not happy with the higher cost for the Airbus.

A few people talking about selling off a/c before the C check. Looking at my oldest A342, it has 390 hours so C-check due soon. Resale price is $7M, so not worth it to sell and replace to save the couple of 100K to repair.

Am thinking these C -checks may prevent me getting my A380 today. Will defeinitely get it tomorrow though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

Have 2 more that need it a B738 (150K) and a A320 (210K) Not happy with the higher cost for the Airbus.

A few people talking about selling off a/c before the C check. Looking at my oldest A342, it has 390 hours so C-check due soon. Resale price is $7M, so not worth it to sell and replace to save the couple of 100K to repair.

Maybe for ATRs and the like it may be worth replacing them? No idea but I'll let you know when my ATR c-checks come about. :D

Airbus's just seem to be unfairly expensive compared to the others. They have good fuel efficiency but are pricier. Like the a321 is 1.1Mil more expensive than the 757-300 and the 757 carries 23 more passengers a further 1300km..
    On the upside the Airbus burns 66% of the fuel!

A380 800 c check costs circa 6 million and plan is out of commission for almost 24 hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Just hit my 20 planes (would of done this ages ago had I not decided to upgrade all the little 'uns and just kept them tippin over)

Share price really startin to motor now went from .41 to .56 since yesterday
    just bought my first MD80, was gonna save up for a 757 but think I'll invest in MD80's for the foreseeable future now....

DC 9-10 8
    ATR 72-500 1
    B737-700C 1
    ERJ 190-200 2
    MD-81 4
    B737-800 2
    Challenger 695 1
    MD-80 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I was all for moving to an airbus only fleet because i was under the impression that they used less feul. But having looked into it thats not the case, i think ill be sticking with boeing/airbus.

Fuel still at $2100 and my aircraft are on the ground because I dont have the money to buy 180,000lbs of fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Fuel still at $2100 and my aircraft are on the ground because I dont have the money to buy 180,000lbs of fuel.

afraid the lowest you'll see the fuel go today is $1300
    have you any shares you can off load or even pax points you can use to get your 100,000lbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

• Advertisement

hick wrote: »
    Just hit my 20 planes (would of done this ages ago had I not decided to upgrade all the little 'uns and just kept them tippin over)
    Thinking that I should stop trying to upgrade my slow/ small and little planes as well and just save up the cash to buy some more big/ fast ones as well to then start some longer route.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

hick wrote: »
    afraid the lowest you'll see the fuel go today is $1300

Eh? I just bought a shed load for $900 :P

(and waiting for it to drop further to panic buy ;) )

Waiting for it to drop to 400 myself

Maybe they have changed from the predicted prices that people had figured out for each day?

Maybe they have changed from the predicted prices that people had figured out for each day?

If people weren't so blatant about speculating about it on the AM forum- it might have gone unnoticed by the developers....... Thats life......:(

If people weren't so blatant about speculating about it on the AM forum- it might have gone unnoticed by the developers....... Thats life......:(

Its actually funny how obvious people are on those forums. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thinking that I should stop trying to upgrade my slow/ small and little planes as well and just save up the cash to buy some more big/ fast ones as well to then start some longer route.

that's what I'm doing also. I've sold all my ATRs and now sticking to jet based planes, from 1 BAe 146 to a few bigger boys and saving to get an A340-200 hopefully.

Right, I have completed the restructing and I am happy with the new short-medium term plan. I have $1m in the bank.

Now flying:
    1x MD-80
    2 x DC-9

All Jet fleet with maximum ranges. The only thing I need is some cheaper fuel.

So at 6cent a share, this could be a good time to get in with an investment with

LINKAER Airlines.

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jrwings

Hello all,
    Discovered this addictive game through this thread, have a few shares in some of the airlines mentioned.
    My shares are up 100% in 4 days so jumpon the bandwagon.

JR

I can't get it to load at all at the moment- just getting a blank screen :(

I can't get it to load at all at the moment- just getting a blank screen :(

Ditto.

It loads up every so often but there is a lot of f5-ing going on at my end. Annoying because i have about 17 planes to dispatch in the next half hour...:mad:

Leinster Airlines Update:

Fleet:

A/C Number
    B737-800 x1
    A320-200 x1
    MD80 x1
    A321-200 x1
    B787-8 x2
    ATR 72-500 x1
    ATR 42-500 x1
    B757-300 x1
    A318-100 x1
    A340-200 x2
    B737-700 x6
    B737-700C x2
    Fokker 100 Tay620 x1
    DC-10-10 x1
    ATR 42-400 x1
    ATR 42-600 x2

25 routes. All maxing the range of the planes, all demand over 90%. Share price now €2.32.

Kind of a varied fleet as I was fiddling to see how different planes performed. DC-10-10 and MD80 are great money earners but fairly chew the fuel. Makes me hesitant to invest much in them in case of a fuel crisis down the line. What do people think about these fuel guzzlers?

Fokker 100 is a great plane for anybody starting I think. Costs about 1.1M which it will earn back in a day. Good fuel consumption too.

In general, my strategy will be invest in more B787-8 or a340-200 as well as a 737-700 here and there to supplement my medium haul routes.

C-Checks due on my first plane this week so that may slow my fleet expansion a little!

route_graph_all.php?id=263200464&xTvCbSh028J=2009-11-24%2017:21:22

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

up to a fleet of 14 planes now with a decent mix between short and long haul flights.

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1424898799

only have 350,000lbs of fuel though so need to start stock piling that soon but have no cash due to buying lots of planes. next plan is to start upping capacity.

Have 10 B707's at the moment, 144pax and a range of 9913km.
    route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1586801294

So at 6cent a share, this could be a good time to get in with an investment with

LINKAER Airlines.
    Can't seem to find you in the Buy Stocks search.

Currently have 193M. Shouldb e able to buy my first A380 before midnight tonight.

Good time to buy shares in D'bonair Airlines before the A380 pushes them up. Why not buy a couple of 1000, then sell tomorrow night as I guarantee they will have increased in the 24 hours cooloff period. Will get A380 tonight,then a couple more A342s tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tower Ranger

does anyone know what factors are in play in gaining pax points?
    - understood, but what else is a factor?
    I've 100 rep, good share progression, meals, hub
    only 30000 shares left in Aerclare btw

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sunamd

Hi all,

Started on Saturday evening, got 11 planes on the go. Pretty heavily stocked on the prop planes at the moment but bought a second jet engine today. Shares are good at 0.14 up from 0.11. Advertising on all routes except one, demand on flights is >90% on all. Good time to buy stock cos the plan is to save and buy planes for the 1.5 m mark. I try and invest in airlines onthis thread daily too.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Ald

I notice the max number of flights at any time says it's now 10....

What's that about??? I still have 20 flying...

That is just to do with how many flights you can start in one batch at a time, not the number of flights that you can actually have in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ald wrote: »
    That is just to do with how many flights you can start in one batch at a time, not the number of flights that you can actually have in the air.
    Looks like they copped on and realised that 20 flights at a time wasn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jrwings

Might speed AM up a bit with less flights at the same time.
    I think its a good idea for the new airlines, it means they can catch up faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

just started this the other day. what's the best way to build quickly. Is there much point messing around with short flights or is it best to buy long distance planes asap and then ditch the shorter routes.

also, whats the craic with hubs and routes which don't run out of them. Whats the best way to minimise charges and are certain hubs cheaper than others.

• Advertisement
Advertisement