Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Ciano35

New changes are out, and everybody don't forget the cheap fuel tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

is the cheap fuel at 11pm tonight?

$50 now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Like the new changes, but whats with the two figures under demand??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Well the update looks nice, but has anyone checked if it's worth creating the business class or is it not worth the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭b318isp

Like the new changes, but whats with the two figures under demand??

I assume it is the demand for the outbound and inbound legs.

Edit: I've just noted:

"The first demand is for standard class, the second is for business class"

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    Well the update looks nice, but has anyone checked if it's worth creating the business class or is it not worth the time?

It's hard to say yet - I'll be trying it later today. I don't think conclusions can be drawn until we get more experience of it.

It may be of minor benefit for the more seasoned players to play around with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I started a couple of A380-900 routes last night as all business, earning may half a million more per flight, if not more

I started a couple of A380-900 routes last night as all business, earning may half a million more per flight, if not more

Yeah, value seems only to come from the increased demand %.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Some nice little tweaks. Wish i could purchase an a380 if only had the $ - would love some er cheats progress is slow only discovered this game recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Argh, this is rather confusing! Don't fancy configuring +160 A380s to business and what not.

donvito99 wrote: »
    Argh, this is rather confusing! Don't fancy configuring +160 A380s to business and what not.

Do it in stages, the benefits seem related to increasing demand.

The catering is really screwed up atm, I used have to buy more catering when flying most of my planes. I'm selling the same amount of meals per 15 flights as I was selling per 10 flights. Its supposed to be a 90% demand, so I'd expect to be selling to roughly 90% of my passengers - checked it out and I'm selling to about 50% of my passengers

The worry I have is that Cargo may be unprofitable - having to do C-Checks wipes out profits- I'm not sure it's viable unless flying them very regularly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

b318isp wrote: »
    The worry I have is that Cargo may be unprofitable - having to do C-Checks wipes out profits- I'm not sure it's viable unless flying them very regularly.

If you have enough PAX points you can extend the length of time before the C-checks need to be carried out. Spending around $200m a day on checks. The new AM3 has seriously eroded profitability on my routes and 15 planes are bringing about the same as 10 were previously so a reduction of 1 third.

Yes, but I think the postpone option is not permanent? It only postpones the current round of C-Checks?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

Fuel is currently $15.
    Fill your tanks now..only 53 minutes remaining!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

deltakilo wrote: »
    Fuel is currently $15.
    Fill your tanks now..only 53 minutes remaining!!
    I'm too late as always....

Has the option to sell aircraft been done away with completely?

Has the option to sell aircraft been done away with completely?

No, I sold some DC10's yesterday to make way for A380-900's, you must however cancel the routes on each plane first, click into the route of the plane you want to sell and first "Close Itenerary", you will then be able to sell the aircraft in Hangar. Take a look at "Overview" and Aircraft sale value, I don't sell any aircraft unless it is in the 89%-90% range, otherwise you are losing some of the sale price of your aircraft.

I'm well on my way now to becoming an all A390 airline with "Royal Sun Atlantic Airlines" with over 330 A390's and turning around 2.5 bilillion a day profit. The upgrade to AM3 hit my earnings hard along with a missed fuel hedge and I lost almost 40% of profits, after two successful $400 fuel hedges I have expanded the fleet another 20% increased profitability and grown the share price over $2,000.

MOL eat your heart out! :D

• Advertisement

Stinicker wrote: »
    No, I sold some DC10's yesterday to make way for A380-900's, you must however cancel the routes on each plane first, click into the route of the plane you want to sell and first "Close Itenerary", you will then be able to sell the aircraft in Hangar. Take a look at "Overview" and Aircraft sale value, I don't sell any aircraft unless it is in the 89%-90% range, otherwise you are losing some of the sale price of your aircraft.

I'm well on my way now to becoming an all A390 airline with "Royal Sun Atlantic Airlines" with over 330 A390's and turning around 2.5 bilillion a day profit. The upgrade to AM3 hit my earnings hard along with a missed fuel hedge and I lost almost 40% of profits, after two successful $400 fuel hedges I have expanded the fleet another 20% increased profitability and grown the share price over $2,000.

MOL eat your heart out! :D

Thanks for that did not realise that routes had to be cancelled first.
    Can I ask what is the key to success/growing quickly am I missing something?(I've only discovered this a month ago)Wish I could get A390's! I JExpress Airlines have ten routes only turning over about €1million in profit though and maintenance seems to be denting fortunes hugely €60,000 daily maybe its the one ATR that's causing all the problems.

Would appreciate any tips :)

Check out the fast track guide in the Board section.

Check out the fast track guide in the Board section.

Have looked at that but I thought that the budding MOL's here may have some tricks/tips in addition.

$15 fuel now!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannye92

Earley Airlines just restarted so get in while its cheap.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭whiteley91

ha bought 199,998 shares! you better be good now :p
    whiteley91 airlines ;)

Cheers! they went down a bit there sold some 2 a318s to make way for 2 superjets :) it'll recover ;-)

Iv faith in you! New to it myself anyway and just getting hang of it! :)

Bought 99,000 in yours there.

• Advertisement

Just bought 100,000 of Whitely91 and 199,999 of Earley Airlines, I can't seem to purchase 200,000 shares which is weird. My airline Royal Sun Atlantic is hovering at $2,558 per share at the moment and I am making losses at the moment but will have 400 A390's in the fleet by this weekend and I will then begin converting my 767's over to Cargo to retire the old Mercure freighters which began life last November when Royal Sun Atlantic was a small carrier operating from Cork to Dublin and Iceland.

I have 17 aircraft now 4 of them are Sukhoi Superjets and the rest are Bae146s still undecided on wether or not to keep expanding or replace the 146s with something else :/

dannye92 wrote: »
    I have 17 aircraft now 4 of them are Sukhoi Superjets and the rest are Bae146s still undecided on wether or not to keep expanding or replace the 146s with something else :/

I'd suggest stocking up on Dessault Mercures, try and increase your fleet using these, then DC10-10s, (then perhaps IL86), then IL96. You need lots of cheap planes to generate cash before thinking of bigger 'craft.

I'd suggest stocking up on Dessault Mercures, try and increase your fleet using these, then DC10-10s, (then perhaps IL86), then IL96. You need lots of cheap planes to generate cash before thinking of bigger 'craft.

Long range equals higher ticket prices and having to fly the planes less often, so there is little point in putting the DC10-10 on a Dublin-London routing for example and try to maximise their range, unless you are adopting a more realistic approach to game play. I have all my A380-900's on routes longers than 19,600kms each to maximise the ticket price and it also means I can quickly manage all of my flights in the morning and get them all out with minimal gameplay required. You will have to fly the Mercure several times a day to turn lots of cash, so upgrade to Mercure and then quickly to DC10-10, you want to look to getting the max of 600 aircraft in your fleet asap before changing plane types.

Don't even consider cargo until you are at 600 A390's as it is waste of pax points and pays far less than passengers transport.

$50 dollar fuel tonight at 11pm also, so build up your money today and buy as much fuel as possible.

$50 dollar fuel now guys! Between 11pm and 12 midnight.

How did you know it was going to be that cheap? :P

• Advertisement

dannye92 wrote: »
    How did you know it was going to be that cheap? :P

Fuel is always $50 at 11pm on the 25th of every month. I have also spotted another trend emerging of really cheap fuel at 11am on variable days and I got it for $15 there a few days back, it doesn't seem to be on a fixed schedule other than it often appears at 11am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I just started this game a few days ago. At the minute I have 16 Dassault mercures, I'm advertising them at the highest price and my stock level is at 20 cent (lizziet airlines)
    I buy dassault mercures the minute I have enough money and start a new route.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

lizt wrote: »
    I just started this game a few days ago. At the minute I have 16 Dassault mercures, I'm advertising them at the highest price and my stock level is at 20 cent (lizziet airlines)
    I buy dassault mercures the minute I have enough money and start a new route.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Kepp flying your fleet and once you have enough money buy some DC-10's which will give you a quick infusion of money from higher earnings to expand your Mercure fleet faster, once you have a few hundred mercures start expanding the DC-10 fleet until you hit 600 aircraft, then begin replacing the Mercures with A380-900's, this will take several weeks however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Gerard93

The Monthly Table for Fuel Prices and Aircraft Comparision Chart etc my link to this does not seem to work anymore anyone have an update link for this??

Thanks.

Gerard93 wrote: »
    The Monthly Table for Fuel Prices and Aircraft Comparision Chart etc my link to this does not seem to work anymore anyone have an update link for this??

Thanks.

This is one handy tool, you can see when the cheapest fuel and advertising will be plus calculate seat yields etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m7a5c226j7rr5dl

• Advertisement

This is one handy tool, you can see when the cheapest fuel and advertising will be plus calculate seat yields etc.

Hi Stinicker,
    Cannot find the file from the link you posted, just getting the Mediafire site ??

Ignore the above, got it now sorted - Thanks

FUEL $15 for the next ten minutes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUEL IS $10 PER 1,000LBS!!!
    Stock up to the max!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I cordially invite everyone to invest in Agrippa Airlines.... :D It is actually sort of surprising how this is the only somewhat interesting game that's on facebook. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 POF_eire

It says I have a 10 ban for violating TOS. It's been saying this for 2 weeks. Now I'm not great at Maths but I think that's more than 10 hours.

Hi all,
    The Quick Reference Guide Ver.4 I can open this but cannot select any of the Tabs i.e. Fuel Prices, Aircraft Comparision etc.
    I am trying to access this with Open Office Spreadsheets and MS Works Ver.7 (2005) Any ideas ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭macrubicon

$15 fuel for the next 35 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭2011abc

Stinicker wrote: »

http://www.mediafire.com/?m7a5c226j7rr5dl

OMG !That tool totally takes the guesswork out of fuel costs .Just look up the day and time .I find I need to subtract 6 hours from time but otherwise its worked PERFECTLY all day .It predicts 50 euro fuel at 11pm on Monday 25 June so we shall see!!!(I opened it with a free Excel Viewer downloaded from Microsoft -surorised it had a date as old as 2008 on file)

I seem to have twice as many cleaners as I need and CANT fire them !Have already provoked three or four strikes !And buying new planes doesnt seem to 'use them up'!!!Game glitch !?Theyre now being paid nearly as well as pilots !!!

50 FUEL TONIGHT (Monday 15 June) 11pm (No cheaper till its rock botom at 15 on 4th July at 11am )

• Advertisement
Advertisement