Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Been playing for 2 years now. Currently have 320 Aircraft, 130 of those are A380's. $92 Billion in Bank and 1280 points.
    I just keep buying A380s but not sure if its the best strategy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

Well I wouldnt save too much anyway /Griffin was number 2 in rankings ,he might have better advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Been playing for 2 years now. Currently have 320 Aircraft, 130 of those are A380's. $92 Billion in Bank and 1280 points.
    I just keep buying A380s but not sure if its the best strategy?

All depends what way you want to play. If you are playing for fun do whatever keeps you happy and in to the game. If you want to grow fast I suggest the following:

Get The Business Class Achievement if you haven't got it yet.

Convert them A380,s you have to all biz class and fly them on max range/demand routes.

Keep buying the A380-900 and keep converting them to all Biz Class.

Get Cargo, keep buying the AN-225. Theres a trick with cargo, You get paid by the load and not distance so keep the loads high and distances small.

Also advertise all your routes with billboard and get the best catering.

All the above works better with no hub selected, however if you have selected a hub already well then you just have to stick with that.

Griffair have announced a new deal with London Southend Airport. The company is to base 5 BAE146 aircraft there and will operate 100 weekly flights to Dublin, Belfast, Paris, Amsterdam and Hamburg. London Southend Airport is currently undergoing a massive expansion and Griffair are delighted to be part of it said Griffairs CEO Joe Griffin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

$400 fuel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 vrrajiv

Hi I am new to airline manager. My Airlines name is RaGa International Airlines. I am trying to buy a Business craft. But I cant find it. Pls any one help me to buy it. Thanks in Advance

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

At the moment I'm playing to grow big, get the money in the bank and start buying some a380s and have an entire airbus fleet. Whatever I earn per day is being ploughed back into buying Dc10s.

Stock rose by 20%, currently $4.42.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

just bought 10 new aircraft, B752 and B738, i think i have a scary amount of C checks about to come all at once!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Razor44 wrote: »
    just bought 10 new aircraft, B752 and B738, i think i have a scary amount of C checks about to come all at once!

Oh god, I forgot all about C-checks. After how many hours does C-checks begin?

I should start selling some, I don't wanna end up spending millions for a C-check on a Mercure.

upwards of 400hrs dude.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Oh god, I forgot all about C-checks. After how many hours does C-checks begin?

I should start selling some, I don't wanna end up spending millions for a C-check on a Mercure.

I've dms with nearly 300 flying hours done and no c-checks yet, plane worth 120k

C Checks for DM,s dont cost that much. Some of my DM,s have over 900 hours and have had 2 C checks! Resale value on some is as low as $30,000 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Invest In:

Griffair World Airlines
    Airlingus Airlines
    Futura. Airlines
    RebelAirCork Airways
    gerryd Airways
    Royal Sun Atlantic Airlines
    Ajax International Airways
    Scylla Air
    Echo Zulu Air
    UpInTheAIr

I bought as much stock in these as i could (theres a limit of 1000000 sadly)
    Its a pity you cant lease or sell planes to other airlines.

Invest In:

Green Jersey Index

Daily Stock Report

Griffair World Airlines UP $51.71
    Airlingus Airlines UP $ 2,359.81
    Futura. Airlines UP $36.38
    RebelAirCork Airways UP $5.32
    Royal Sun Atlantic Airlines UP $ 16,318.55
    Ajax International Airways DOWN $25.95
    Scylla Air UP $ 1,414.20
    Echo Zulu Air UP $2.82
    UpInTheAIr UP $0.11
    gerways airways UP $2.84
    Eirjet Airlines UP $10.19
    Geronimooo Airways DOWN $0.74
    craggy island airlines UP $0.26
    PADDYPLANE Airlines UP $0.11
    RaGa International Airlines DOWN $0.05

Current Stock Prices as of 10.29 13-5-13.

Current Stock Price Shown Beside Each Airline.

Red/Green Indicates Stocks Up/Down At Time Of Check.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Royal Sun Atlantic Airlines has announced a strategic alliance with Griffair World Airways, Futura. Airlines & Airlingus Airlines having invested over $1billion into these Airlines.

Markets reacted positively to the news amid this latest round of restructuring at the carrier, in response to the news Unions announced industrial action, management in return announced a 10% paycut across the board with over 800 compulsory redundancies at the airline.

CEO Mr. Stinicker said that these measures are needed to ensure the competitiveness of the airline going forward and the $1bn stock investment is set to be matched by a $3.2bn fleet upgrade which will see the interiors of all 700 of the A380-900 fleet refitted with the latest in business cabins, unprofitable long-haul routes in excess 19,000kms or 20hrs flying time will be re-evaluated and some of our Airbus A380-900's redeployed on higher traffic routes. I will drive profitability upwards, cut costs and am here now declaring an all out war on my competitors and this summer I pledge to fly over 300million passengers for 25% lower fares.

ugh two c check's for A380......12m a pop...dam!

Futura. Airlines have announced it has signed a deal with the Boeing company for 100 Boeing 777 LR aircraft. This is the biggest investment in the history or Futura. CEO Joe Griffin Said. This deal is part of phase 4 of Futuras growth plan. The deal will bring to 400 aircraft in the fleet. Delivery's is expected to start Tomorrow and to last about 2 weeks.

Futura. Airlines operate thousands of charter flights all over the globe every week. The company was formed in 1989 when a Dassault Mercure aircraft was bought of Hungarian airline Malev. Futura was bought out last year by Griffair Worldwide but remains to be operated as a seperate airline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

How do you get business class without paying money?

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    How do you get business class without paying money?

You have to buy it as an add-on using PAX points (you earn these points using gameplay or you can buy them) and then convert your aircraft to the business seating layout you require.

Much easier than before to earn pax points, used to take ages!!!

• Advertisement

$500 fuel atm

$500 fuel atm

Thanks for the heads up. Stocked up on a months of fuel.

No bother, can just spent 70 mil on new aircraft and new routes, so got a few millions lbs, still have plenty in the tank!

Thanks for the heads up. Stocked up on a months of fuel.

I'm burning through 1500,000,000lbs every 3 days and have bought the additional 500,000,000lbs tank capacity also using pax points. The A380-900's really guzzle their juice.

I'm a newbie to this game, is there a way to change a destination or stop flying a route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm a newbie to this game, is there a way to change a destination or stop flying a route?

Click on the route -> Close Itinerary.

You can then create a new route with the aircraft.

b318isp wrote: »
    Click on the route -> Close Itinerary.

You can then create a new route with the aircraft.

Oooh, thanks. Pistola Air will be back up there!

A lot of behind the scenes work been done at Griffair World Airways today. All long hual aircraft are in the process of being fully converted to all buisness class. This will add about 20% profits to their routes.

Our first A380 arrived under the radar this morning. EI-JOE is an all Buisness Class aircraft and was put straight to work on our new London - Auckland route.

Stocks are healthy at $ 56.66

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

300 fuel atm!

• Advertisement

$400 fuel atm, stocked up again. Dc10s are guzzlers compared to the dms

Advertisement