Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

$300 fuel now - fuel costs have been pretty low over the last day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭vanti

Hi all, only started playing myself (not sure how i missed this) but love it so far. My stock is at 0.13, I'll be playing this for a while so i suggest investing soon. Name is Seamy Air. If anyone is in similar position i'd like to invest in yours too (while stock is at ground level)

P.s Thanks for the heads up rebel girl

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Griffair Malev Airlines a new spinoff from Griffair. Operating a mixed fleet of BAE146 and CRJ100 aircraft from London Southend. Stock at 0.09 so worth a investment.

2cp9t0w.jpg

Fuel at 300 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Fuel now 15.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

My staff salary has gone out of control. Is there any way to reduce it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

gaff85 wrote: »
    Fuel now 15.00

I bought well at that price, had my fleet grounded for a day while prices were so high!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

https://apps.facebook.com/airline_manager/profile.php

Western Standard Airlines....need investors!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

$35 fuel now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

shakin wrote: »
    https://apps.facebook.com/airline_manager/profile.php

Western Standard Airlines....need investors!

Just bought 19999 stocks from you at 4.51 :) I'm Tranirish Airlines!

About 7 months ago, I bought the amount of an airline with stocks at $34. Stock price is now 2070 :eek: It is now worth 414m :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Playing this a bit now - seems weird to have more Dassault Mercures in my "fleet" than they ever actually built!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lockheed

What a rubbish game this is. Every time I log in I have to raise my bloody staff's pay because they go on strike. Fairly sure thats not how strikes work. I have about 25 planes, this game could be so good, but they really cheat you with the whole PAX points as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Lockheed wrote: »
    What a rubbish game this is. Every time I log in I have to raise my bloody staff's pay because they go on strike. Fairly sure thats not how strikes work. I have about 25 planes, this game could be so good, but they really cheat you with the whole PAX points as well

trick is to just hire new staff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Jhcx wrote: »
    trick is to just hire new staff.

Keep knocking the pay back to as low as it will go- and hire a handful of new staff to keep them happy..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

Keep staff morale above 55% to avoid strikes.

Keep knocking the pay back to as low as it will go- and hire a handful of new staff to keep them happy..........

I never increased it from Day One tried to make em Work for nothing but wouldn't let me lol

Lockheed wrote: »

You do actually get PAX points while playing, just at a relatively low rate. Widebodies with wifi are likely enough to turn up a few.

Its not like the Zynga games where you basically can't play without paying them a huge wodge.

116 frames for me now - if I've not logged in in a few hours setting the lot of them off brings in about $6m (and maybe 5 PAX points)

There's a small dot over near the bank balance that gives you PAX points when clicked (once off) and beyond that, take a look at which achievements are easy enough to get.

Im actually back playing this now aswell. I.A.G. Group Airlines (formally Griffair). 404 aircraft and stock increasing daily.

Regarding Pax Point, If you launch your planes one by one I tend to find it increases your chance of points.Its time comsuming though. Make sure all routes are advertised, your aircraft have IFE and WIFI and you have catering.

Playing by the standard strategy (Mercure-> DC10-10-> Il96-400->Doubledecks) but bringing the bigger craft in quicker and I've got my first Il96 in now.

My extremely bland job that lets me fire flights off all day pretty much helps quite a bit. Won't be too sorry to see the Mercures go to let me only log in every 10 hours or so, though.

Need some investors purely for those achievements, EIDL Airlines if anyone's got a few virtual quid free...

The stock pricing system is illogical though - I dropped 41c due to buying 100 million pounds of fuel at rock bottom purely because it dropped my bank balance a bit. Spend the same on aircraft and you go up due to the asset value!

Just invested in you. Make me rich!! Im going to get the cargo option in the next few hours hopefully convert a few MD11,s

• Advertisement

The following airlines that invested in me over the last year are in for a nice windfall if there still playing:

Eirjet Airlines
    Burak55 Airlines
    Ajax International Airlines
    RebelAirCork Airways
    Royal Sun Atlantic Airlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Gerard93

Fuel $5 up to 3pm !

This is when having a few tank expansions comes in handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Gerard93

This is when having a few tank expansions comes in handy.

Been playing it off & on for past few years lowest I ever saw was $15 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I may look into this!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I may look into this!

Don't, the game is dissapointingly bad (that's my opinion anyway)
    Try out Airline Empires, it has no in game purchases so noone gets an unfair advantage

Fuel currently only $400

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

crisco10 wrote: »
    Try get the plane config pax bonus. (Costs 500) Then you can convert you fleet to all business class. Much more resistant to demand fluctuations (and higher demand too!)

Sorry to be dragging a post up from the past, but I have gotten the config option, but every time I try to use it, whether to convert a whole plane to business or just partially it states an error, anyone know if there is a general problem or just mine, I am using the iOS app

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Sorry to be dragging a post up from the past, but I have gotten the config option, but every time I try to use it, whether to convert a whole plane to business or just partially it states an error, anyone know if there is a general problem or just mine, I am using the iOS app

From playing this game I know, the app is only good for starting your routes on the go, if you want to do anything serious like that you'll need to use the PC, makes it easier

• Advertisement

Most people on the game try to rise as quickly as possible max out your routes and have all a380's personally i cant see the fun in that. so i try to run it like a business. its a slow process and painful trying to keep track or all the routes. Im currently working on North America. My hub is Shannon and 80% of my routes a short haul these are all a320neo a/c small but big at the 190 mark most are all business a/c to make profits. unfortunately i feel that the a/c is too big as a short connection hopper for feeding the big hubs. so im using the embraer 190-200 but is there a better a/c for fuel, seating and distance as a feeder plane, always still about 15 seats empty id rather fill these planes and have x daily flights rather than not full.

Advertisement