Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Forum Banning is an Absolute Disgrace

Options
  • 02-11-2009 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

I was recently banned for rugby for one week for nothing.

There was an inciddent in the game that provoked a lot of responses. I, having not seen the game, asked what had happened. A Munster supporter asked was I referring to a different inciddent which he well knew I was not, I replied with the following :

No clearly not as I read that already (as you know) I am referring to the comments on Dowling being unsportsmanlike? I didn't see the game and am just wondering try not to be so defensive ffs

Simply asking what had happened as I didn't see the game, I was then infracted for that :confused: The reason being that I was prolonging a debate? Firstly there was no debate before that and I was simply asking what had happened!!

Then when a poster stated that Sexton had engaged in similiar behaviour and apologised I simply replied

''very mature of him and I hope Dowling (the player in question) does the same''

I was then infracted for 'low level' trolling??? Like what the **** I was only stating I hoped Dowling would apologise for his ungentlemenly conduct :mad:

Then I was banned for 7 days with the messege

You should know better, than to engage in this kind of pointless debate. Also an element of trolling in your posts

Pointless debate? I was stating that I think players should be cited for this type of behaviour. How is that pointless debate? An element of trolling in my posts because I asked what had happened and said I hoped Dowling would apologise? :confused:

I know I have had a past (and even then it was absolutely ridiculous that I was banned for a year for simply criticising O'Gara's performance in a match thread) but this is completely ridiculous. Mods dont like my opinions in the rugby forum so they ban me despite not doing anything wrong. Its a complete and utter farce and I feel strongly that I am being completely unfairly targetted. If a mod banned a poster in the soccer forum for a year for simply stating Rooney was quite poor tonight there would be uproar yet in the rugby forum the mods operate with impunity. This is an absolute disgrace and I plead with the admins to deal with these mods once and for all.

And to top it off, the one poster who did engage in Trolling, Amazotheamazing gets off scot free.
    Go Figure :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Should have gone for a month. I stand over the banning entirely. You've got form in this field. The vast majority of people on the forum want to engage in moderate, sensible debate on rugby, you do not. Amazotheamazing has been infracted and warned deservedly. Your banning was entirely merited. I'd also appreciate if you could refrain from sending abusive PM's.

Kind regards,

Toom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

toomevara wrote: »
    Should have gone for a month. I stand over the banning entirely. You've got form in this field. The vast majority of people on the forum want to engage in moderate, sensible debate on rugby, you do not. Amazotheamazing has been infracted and warned deservedly. Your banning was entirely merited. I'd also appreciate if you could refrain from sending abusive PM's.

Kind regards,

Toom.

A month for what? Asking what had happened in a match thread then stating I hoped the player would apologise for his actions??

Are you actually serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Are you actually serious?

Yes.

toomevara wrote: »
    Yes.

Care to go into more detail or are you going to be a child about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Now, having had a look at the thread in question, that's not quite all you said.

I've said it on this Help Desk before, and I'll say it again: it's not always about what you say, but how you say it.

You, and the other poster were both at fault via atagonistic posting, the kind that hammers a nail into the coffin of any decent thread. You have an extensive history in that forum, so you got punished. Appropriate action was taken against the other party - so I'm not quite sure what the real issue here is.

You seem to hold quite a grudge against how the Rugby forum is moderated: that is entirely your perogative. Currently, I'm not seeing a major issue so you have a choice: take part in a non-atagonistic manner there or just avoid it.

• Advertisement

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Now, having had a look at the thread in question, that's not quite all you said.

I've said it on this Help Desk before, and I'll say it again: it's not always about what you say, but how you say it.

You, and the other poster were both at fault via atagonistic posting, the kind that hammers a nail into the coffin of any decent thread. You have an extensive history in that forum, so you got punished. Appropriate action was taken against the other party - so I'm not quite sure what the real issue here is.

You seem to hold quite a grudge against how the Rugby forum is moderated: that is entirely your perogative. Currently, I'm not seeing a major issue so you have a choice: take part in a non-atagonistic manner there or just avoid it.

So I was atogonizing by asking what had happened in a match and then saying I hoped the player would apologize? Thats ridiculous

I didnt do anything wrong yet two posters, one said ''doing a jonny Sexton'' - not even an infraction, and the other poster amazotheamazing was completely trolling yet only recieves an infraction?

As for my 'extensive history' I was banned for a year for criticising a players performance (I didn't call him names or anything simply criticised his performances)

HOW IS THAT FAIR? honestly I am being completely targetted simply because a lot of people in that forum dont like my opinion and the mods like to jump at every opportunity to silence me

Can anyone honestly say i deserved a banning (possibly for a month according to toom) for asking what had happened in a match thread and then saying upon hearing about the inciddent that I hoped he apologised?

HOW IS THAT FAIR? honestly I am being completely targetted simply because a lot of people in that forum dont like my opinion and the mods like to jump at every opportunity to silence me

I see no evidence of you being singled out specifically.
    Can anyone honestly say i deserved a banning (possibly for a month according to toom) for asking what had happened in a match thread and then saying upon hearing about the inciddent that I hoped he apologised?

Your current ban is a week - which is all it should be. As I've said about, it's not about what you say (which you seem to be focussing on), but how you say things. I find your style atagonistic and annoying - it seems I concur with the rugby mods on that point.

I am copy and pasting what I PM'd to an admin so everyone can see the absolute injustice and bias decisions that are going on

This is the post I got the first infraction for, I had asked what happened as I didn't see the inciddent

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62800644&postcount=62

Then I was finally banned for this supposed trolling

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62802255&postcount=98

I simply said I hoped Dowling would come out and apologise as well.

Also amazotheamazing gets no ban despite bringing in Sexton and generally trolling me to try get a rise, I mean its pretty clear if you read his posts what he is trying to do

Here he knows exactly what I am referring to do but posts this anyway
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62799924&postcount=56

here he tries to bring Sexton into it despite the fact we are talking about Dowling
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62800742&postcount=65

More trying to bring Sexton into a thread about the match and Dowling
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62800785&postcount=67

Then he claims I am merely just bringing provincial bias into it (FOR ASKING WHAT HAPPENED!)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62801039&postcount=76

Being extremely condescending to me
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62801494&postcount=85

Bringing in Jennings and Sexton (throws in Neil Best so he cant be accused of provincial stirring)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62801656&postcount=87

Bringing in Leinster fans behaviour
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62801972&postcount=93

Then there was 2040's comment
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62800100&postcount=60

And yet I get banned for asking what had happened and saying I hoped Dowling apologised?

Thank you for the links.

However, as I stated above, I read the thread in question. I don't require a refresher.

You fail to realise this isn't about what you said, but how you approached it. It's quite obvious that I'm not going to win you over to that point of view, which is unfortunate..but I can live with that.

The bottom line is that I've no intention of over-ruling the local mod on this one. As such, the issue is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement