Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do?

• 02-11-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi I am doing a course in Sligo IT. I am a first year student. The thing is that I cannot afford living down in Sligo. Would it be possible for me to change college and do the course in Athlone as I could drive there it is near home. If so how do I go about changeing colleges.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

You should contact the admissions office both in Sligo and Athlone.

In Sligo it is in the office opposite the library.

In any event you are as well to de-register and stop getting the grant ASAP as it may affect your chances of getting it in the furure.

Also might be worth checking if there any additional supports you could get from IT Sligo to help you stay in college.

Again the admissions office will be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

you could try the student hardship fund. They will give you money depending on you current earnings/ savings vs outgoings. You have to put your name on a sheet of paper placed out side the office of the person who interviews you (it's in the group of offices slightly up and across the hallway from the library)

You would be advised to be there at around 9 o clock on a monday to get you name on it, i think the interviews take place on a thursday. Again you will have to have records and documents ready to provide valid information. A rent book or letter from your landlord stating your rent is always needed. You should also be really friendly and make it seem like you are trying to grin and bear the lack of finance you have.

Advertisement