Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this the best deal on xbox 360 elite?

• 02-11-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Back from harvey norman been on the hunt a while and I think I just got the best deal.

360 elite

2 controllers
    legoman
    pure
    forza 3
    Pro evo 2010
    your in the movies
    wireless adaptor
    wireless headset
    video camera

€365

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Back from harvey norman been on the hunt a while and I think I just got the best deal.

360 elite

2 controllers
    legoman
    pure
    forza 3
    Pro evo 2010
    your in the movies
    wireless adaptor
    wireless headset
    video camera

€365

Seems like a pretty damn good offer if you like those games and need the wireless adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ye its actually the only place who let you pick and choose the decent games. I think the adaptor will be a great add on. I could have added 15 euro and got another game like colin mc crae 2 instead of the wireless headphones

ive just noticed theres no hd cable. is that normal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Seems like a good offer anyway, i dont know much about the hdmi cable coming with the xbox or not :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Don't think the Elite comes with HDMI cable anymore. Should come with a component cable though which will let you play through HD. Most HD TVs should have a connection for component.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Xtra-Vision are doing:

Xbox 360 Elite + One Game for €249.99
    -Games are : Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3 or FIFA 10.

Xbox 360 Elite + Extra Controller and Lego Indiana Jones and Pure for €279.99

Hope this helps you with your decision!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Ye its actually the only place who let you pick and choose the decent games. I think the adaptor will be a great add on. I could have added 15 euro and got another game like colin mc crae 2 instead of the wireless headphones

ive just noticed theres no hd cable. is that normal ?

I don't think the elite comes with a HDMI cable. Tesco do them for €6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

As mentioned on another thread:

HMV are doing Xbox Elite 360 + Fifa 10 + Forza 3 for €225. Think it will be hard to beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Wow I didn't know Elites were this cheap now.. I thought they were at least 300 standalone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got an Elite last week in Smiths with Forza 3 and Fifa 10 for 249e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Had my Xbox four years now. It's starting to scratch my games though so I'm going to need to invest in a new one. Can my hard drive on the Xbox work on the Elite?

• Advertisement

I personally dont like fifa and with the extra add ons I think this was a good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

why buy a new one wen u can just put a new dvd drive into it pm me if u want it done for you at a good price

its already bought thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

check out the deals in argos down north

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Vyse wrote: »
    Don't think the Elite comes with HDMI cable anymore. Should come with a component cable though which will let you play through HD. Most HD TVs should have a connection for component.
    Got a new Elite 120GB in NI a week ago, it only came with composite cable, no component or HDMI. Though HDMI cables can be got pretty cheap now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

and just to be clear, expensive HDMI cables aren't better than cheap ones so get cheap ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

If you're getting an HMDI cable make sure its gold plated! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

johnfaul wrote: »
    check out the deals in argos down north

down north? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Remember you can immediately trade back in the games (for credit) I bought an elite + NFS shift + FIFA 10 in GAME for €249, but they would do an immediate trade in on the 2 games for €30 each.

When you also take into account the GAME card reward that's down to about 180 for the elite itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

SantryRed wrote: »
    Had my Xbox four years now. It's starting to scratch my games though so I'm going to need to invest in a new one. Can my hard drive on the Xbox work on the Elite?

Yes the old hard drive will work on an Elite. I just bought a super elite and have plugged in the arcade 20GB hard drive while i wait for the data transfer cable from microsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Amazon have the best Elite Deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Gamestop offering an Elite at half price (€125) if you trade in 4 games, list instore.

Anyone have a copy of the list?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Kev23

Just heard yesterday that Tesco in Enniskillen are selling this:

Xbox Elite 120G
    Standard TV cable
    1 Controller
    Wired Headset
    12 Month Subscription Xbox live
    3 Games, (2 in box,think its Lego Batman and a Dirtbike game and 1 of your choice)

Pretty good as its only goin for £179.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭colinod

Got the 120gb xbox elite earlier with Pure, Lego,FIFA 10,headset, ethernet and 2 controllers for €240 in gamestop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Yeh that seems good for a first time buyer because it includes the wireless adaptor which i already have!

But if anyone is looking for a new bundle i think the modern warfare 2 bundle with 250 gig hardrive , 2 controllers , and the game itself is the best deal for 300 quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Hello all,

Is this a good deal from Gamestop:

360 Elite, 2 wireless controllers, fifa10, lego batman & pure for €240?
    Young lad (& myself :)) is looking for one.

Thanks
    Al.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah thats a very good deal.
    Make sure its an Elite and new ofcourse,being gamestop i wouldnt be a bit surprised if its preowned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Thanks Dcully. Am looking at the catalogue right now, it is an elite (the black one) & no mention of it being pre-owned, even in the small print on the bottom of the page.

Will double check in the shop tomorrow.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭colinod

colinod wrote: »
    Got the 120gb xbox elite earlier with Pure, Lego,FIFA 10,headset, ethernet and 2 controllers for €240 in gamestop
    Alzar wrote: »
    Thanks Dcully. Am looking at the catalogue right now, it is an elite (the black one) & no mention of it being pre-owned, even in the small print on the bottom of the page.

Will double check in the shop tomorrow.

Al.

It isn't pre-owned...Got it during the weekend

• Advertisement
Advertisement