Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options
  • 02-11-2009 1:59pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, this thread will replace the existing thread and will be used for all discussions and banter pertaining to the XBOX360 leagues. The old thread has served it's purpose and will be closed now, this can be used from now on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Hi all, this thread will replace the existing thread and will be used for all discussions and banter pertaining to the XBOX360 leagues. The old thread has served it's purpose and will be closed now, this can be used from now on.

Cool, but shouldn't you have put a link in for the team picks before you closed the other thread. Some people don't check the Pro Evo and Fifa forum all that often and just get updates by email. Just to speed things along like :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Please note this thread is only for those currently involved in the Premiership and Championship.
    Anyone wishing to join there will be a qualifying league runing in the next few weeks which you are welcome to enter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

moz wrote: »
    Cool, but shouldn't you have put a link in for the team picks before you closed the other thread. Some people don't check the Pro Evo and Fifa forum all that often and just get updates by email. Just to speed things along like :D

I email everyone through boards to notify them they are due to pick when the time comes so they will be well aware once they are checking their email. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Im 4th seed?? I only got promoted this year?? :confused:

How does that make sense?

This is the same way it was done last year, promoted players arent automatically the bottom 3 players in the premiership. Also as was said in the other thread teams are seeded as we have to incorporate qualifying players into the league aswell. Both yourself and Kirby ran away with the Championship and the only reason you were in there was because you had come from qualifying through that route. You were too good for the championship but that was the route from qualifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

while i'm flattered to be seeded so highly, how did i get 4th seed in the championship i thought i was muck in qualifying...

You finished 3rd in qualifying.

Axwell wrote: »
    You finished 3rd in qualifying.

lol fair enough i suppose, but i'm quite surprised. So then, am i right in assuming the top 3 were relegated from the Premiership or were they the Championship players who missed out on promotion?

2 got relegated, the 3rd that was relegated didnt come back to play this season, the other person missed out on promotion.

2 got relegated, the 3rd that was relegated didnt come back to play this season, the other person missed out on promotion.

ahh now it all makes sense, so i was the highest finishing qualifier put into the championship, dam i should have played slightly worse in qualifying lol

• Advertisement

Correct..and hindsight eh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

My XBrick finally went 3 lights last night so its for collection tomorrow, that puts me back 3 weeks from now.

Just letting the mods know in advance. If there is any problem let me know. I will have to play catch up when I get it back if thats ok with everyone.

At the min they seem to be getting them back within two weeks so you might be lucky enough. But RROD happens so it will be fine, just pick your team when the time comes, ill send you a pm anyways to let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

This is the same way it was done last year, promoted players arent automatically the bottom 3 players in the premiership. Also as was said in the other thread teams are seeded as we have to incorporate qualifying players into the league aswell. Both yourself and Kirby ran away with the Championship and the only reason you were in there was because you had come from qualifying through that route. You were too good for the championship but that was the route from qualifying.

Fair enough. I thought it would go that the two promoted would be near enough the bottom. Im bloody struggling with this game this year. My record online is nearly 50/50 with wins and losses.

Fair play lads for setting this up I dont want to be complaining :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Delighted to be seeded so lowly this time. I was 2nd seed after getting promotion to the Prem for last season and as such, played with Blackburn...... yes it really was that bad! :eek:

Hopefully this season I can really prove my worth! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

im pleasantly surprised im in the prem. i thought i would be middle/low in the championship, think i was 2nd in the qualifying. pity im not so good on the new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Championship? Interesting decision

Championship? Interesting decision

Why..theres only 2 divisions and you were 5th in qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

2nd seed in the championship, I must have left my mark boys! ;-)

Glad to be back.. Xbox-live-less life is such a bore..

2nd seed in the championship, I must have left my mark boys! ;-)

Nope you just got relegated :D

• Advertisement

Why..theres only 2 divisions and you were 5th in qualifying.

5th cause other lads had more games played...doesnt matter though...just wanted a few games lol

5th cause other lads had more games played...doesnt matter though...just wanted a few games lol

Well there wont be a league unless you pick your team and stop holding things up for everyone else :D

:( sorry was just sending ya a PM now...someone picked the team i had in mind...had to hit the drawing board again lol

:( sorry was just sending ya a PM now...someone picked the team i had in mind...had to hit the drawing board again lol

hate that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Not sure what I was doing picking Atletico Madrid :eek::mad::o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They are much better in the game than they are in real life. Haven't qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions league and could well mss out on it next year if they don't get their act together.:p

Same could be said for many teams though this year like Bayern Munich, Liverpool, etc. Good in Fifa, pants in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Kirby wrote: »
    Same could be said for many teams though this year like Bayern Munich, Liverpool, etc. Good in Fifa, pants in real life.

Bayern are hardly "pants" just because they had 2 bad results against the French Champions. 4 points off the top of the German league, and ahead of Wolfsburg the current champions. Not exactly a disaster, seeing as they are missing their best player.
    Reganovski wrote: »
    Not sure what I was doing picking Atletico Madrid :eek::mad::o

I'll tell you why....FORLAN

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They aren't playing well at all. And when Ribery was fit, they didn't know where to play him from match to match. They are struggling this season and It wouldn't shock me to see them miss out.

Got my first pick of Man City anyway. Tevez and Adebayor are a great partnership. Tevez is very quick and Adebayor is very big. Just like my combo of Podolski and Toni last season. Happy with them tbh. Wayne bridge is a bit of a liabillity tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Nope you just got relegated :D

I shall bookmark this post for future reference Ax.. for around the time that I kick yer a$$ ..

• Advertisement

I shall bookmark this post for future reference Ax.. for around the time that I kick yer a$$ ..

Well it wont be this season anyways :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement