Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    then whats the point of keeping up to date with the fixtures? i should have held off playing anyone until the last week or two because i'd gain the unfair advantage. all fixtures with splender should be null and void, just like if Cork City got kicked out of LOI this season. if splender is gone, then im leaving too because that rule is horse****.

The point of keeping up to date is to make sure people are playing their games and not wasting peoples time. If you were to leave your games till the end you would be kicked for not taking part. Richie in the premiership has been sick is has moved house twice in the last while and hasnt had internet and its the only reason he has been let away with not getting his games played at the minute. Its interesting to note that 90% of the complaints and whinging in the thread about rules etc are coming from the players who joined from the last qualifying. The rules are there from before and we wont be changing any of them just to suit new players. If you want to leave thats your choice but the rest of his games will be still awared 3-0 regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We can't be pulling a fifa and moving the goal posts lads. The rule has been there from the start and Axwell is right to stick with it. It's a little unfair on those people that he beat, but thats football.

The time to debate a rule is during the offseason...which is what I do :D Perhaps those people who don't like the rule could discuss it after the season is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

My internet problems *should* finally, finally, finally be sorted in the first couple of days of January. I'll mass PM everyone I need to play, as soon as I get sorted and have a connection that I can actually play online with.

At the moment, I can connect to xbox live (with the 3 modem, but I have to play offline, because i've higher than 300ms ping and less than half a meg connection, that consistently drop). If you see me online over Christmas on xbox live, I won't actually be able to play you. I'm only connecting to take part in the gamerscore challenge. I don't need a decent connection for that, just A connection. My 3 modem is too laggy to play FIFA with. I tried it numerous times with Axwell.

As soon as I'm ready to go, expect a pm. Now, to stalk Digiweb until they give me my connection. Hope to have it the first day I'm back after Christmas. We'll see though. No doubt they'll **** it up somehow.

Real Madrid - Premiership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm on for the rest of the night if anyone will be about for league matches.

I'm Roma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

RESULT: Liverpool (Irish Wolverine)0 - 0 Barcelona (SRFC90)

RESULT: Man Utd (Moose) 0 - 0 Barcelona (SRFC90)

RESULT: Sevilla (G M E 27) 0 - 0 Barcelona (SRFC90)

RESULT: Barcelona (SRFC90) 0 - 0 AC Milan (Stan Beardfacay)

RESULT: Arsenal (SeanMeisterSa) 0 - 0 Barcelona (SRFC90)

RESULT: AS Roma (BassmanMurph85) 0 - 0 Barcelona (SRFC90)

All these to play, PM me, message me on XBL or reply here to let me know when we can play. I'm on mosts days and nights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Those in the Championship just letting you know that Virgil has had to drop out of the league due to personal commitments. All games played so far will stand, any fixtures he has remaining will be awarded a 3-0 win. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

dont mean to be a nuisance or anything and I dont know what score my game with Virgil was or if I have even played him but should everybody not be awarded 3-0 win as it would be unfair if someone was beaten by him.....

Not going into this again to be honest, its already been done a few posts back over someone else. Those are the rules, thats the way it has always been and the way it will stand. 3-0 to those games unplayed scores stand in the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Fair enough. issue dropped..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

if anyone wants their win against me, i should be on tonight. i really hope that rule changes for season 6 but I will see this one out at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Nedved and myself were playing and it was only midway through the 1st half at 0-0 when his connection went. what happens now?

Town Man wrote: »
    Nedved and myself were playing and it was only midway through the 1st half at 0-0 when his connection went. what happens now?

You get the 3-0 win awarded on xbox for him losing his connection. Post a 3-0 result to you in the fixtures thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

That's a bit harsh isnt it. Sometimes connections drop for no reason which is hardly anyones fault. Replay not a fairer solution?

That's a bit harsh isnt it. Sometimes connections drop for no reason which is hardly anyones fault. Replay not a fairer solution?

First page of the season thread lists the rules. Everyone who has played in the league knows them and thats the way they are. If you dont know them go read them and familiarise yourself with them. A replay is only given if the person who drops is winning - any other time its a loss as awarded by xbox - end of story!

Can anyone who hasnt read the rules at this stage do so, they wont be changing anytime soon so read them and be aware of them and then I wont have to answer the same questions over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

thanks,

on another note Miralize(seanog18) are you playing in the league anymore as i sent you a message over xbox live asking if you wanted to fix that league game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Axwell wrote: »
    First page of the season thread lists the rules. Everyone who has played in the league knows them and thats the way they are. If you dont know them go read them and familiarise yourself with them. A replay is only given if the person who drops is winning - any other time its a loss as awarded by xbox - end of story!

Can anyone who hasnt read the rules at this stage do so, they wont be changing anytime soon so read them and be aware of them and then I wont have to answer the same questions over and over again.

The rule where if someone drops out of a league halfway through and their past results stand would really want to change as its tremendously ridiculous.

joe123 wrote: »
    its tremendously ridiculous.
    Not half as ridiculous as the amount of moaning and whinging out of people in the league over the rules. They arent new rules, they are there from before and they wont be changing. Its how it is dealt with in proper football leagues too. End of story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The rules have been there since the start of this league lads, right from season 1. There's never been complaints about them until now, and I personally don't see a problem either.

Games are piling up too, Richie what's the craic with your internet connection? And what's the story with Seanmeister in the Premiership? He plays as Arsenal. Only 6 games played so far, left him a message on the Xbox about our fixture from week 7 but haven't heard anything back.

I've sent SeanMeister a pm on here to get back to me about his lack of games.
    Richie just moved house and is sorting his connection and should have it organised shortly.

I'm going to the states next week for a few weeks so I wont be around for my matches. I'll try to get the outstanding ones done before I go. Got in 3 today.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm going to the states next week for a few weeks so I wont be around for my matches. I'll try to get the outstanding ones done before I go. Got in 3 today.

The league is due to finish the week starting the 15th, we will be only allowing 1 week if any after this to catch up on games not played so if you wont be back by then you should try get as many of your games played as you can if you arent going to be around. What date are you due back?

sorry if anyone wanted to play me tonight but my xbox is terminally ill,(notRROD or E71 error) ive been using it for a while now with the towel trick but its sadly not working anymore. it may have looked as though I was online but I couldnt see the screen. Its a weird fault, hopefully I can buy a reasonably priced xbox new soon, i did buy one over xmas from HMV but that had RROD in the first week!

sorry about this guys. ill see what I can do.

sorry if anyone wanted to play me tonight but my xbox is terminally ill,(notRROD or E71 error) ive been using it for a while now with the towel trick but its sadly not working anymore. it may have looked as though I was online but I couldnt see the screen. Its a weird fault, hopefully I can buy a reasonably priced xbox new soon, i did buy one over xmas from HMV but that had RROD in the first week!

sorry about this guys. ill see what I can do.

Did you bring it back to HMV and get a new one or a credit note? If it failed after just a week I would be bringing it back to them and demanding a replacement not sending it off to MS.

Did you bring it back to HMV and get a new one or a credit note? If it failed after just a week I would be bringing it back to them and demanding a replacement not sending it off to MS.

yea got my refund for the new(returned) one alright but man i had a tough time getting it, girl behind the counter had no clue about that sort of thing yet was trying to remain dominant in proceedings.

I may try to send my old(current) xbox to MS but as it technically is out of warranty as i dont have either of the 3 year warranty faults, it doesnt look good. hopefully its a case of "throw it in the pile and give him a new one!" if i see a good deal, ive get either an arcade or elite provided they are NOT HMV!

The league is due to finish the week starting the 15th, we will be only allowing 1 week if any after this to catch up on games not played so if you wont be back by then you should try get as many of your games played as you can if you arent going to be around. What date are you due back?

I'll be back around the 24th. Are you saying that I should play games from future weeks because I wont be here?

Anyway, I'm not the first person to go on holiday during the league. It's not really a big deal.

I'll be back around the 24th. Are you saying that I should play games from future weeks because I wont be here?

Anyway, I'm not the first person to go on holiday during the league. It's not really a big deal.

No one said its a big deal, just the league will be ending when you are away so you should try get your overdue fixtures out of the way if you can so you get whatever points you can instead of risking not getting to play them at the end. You dont have to play your games in advance they will be void if you do anyways, Friday is the last full week of fixtures and you arent going till next week so you can try play those 3 come friday onwards if you get a chance, the week of the 15th you only have one game left which you will miss. The league officially ends on the 22nd and there is no gaurentee there will be a catch up week with everyone having only 1 game in the last week and time to catch up so its in your interest to play your games before you go if you can fit them in.

yea got my refund for the new(returned) one alright but man i had a tough time getting it, girl behind the counter had no clue about that sort of thing yet was trying to remain dominant in proceedings.

I may try to send my old(current) xbox to MS but as it technically is out of warranty as i dont have either of the 3 year warranty faults, it doesnt look good. hopefully its a case of "throw it in the pile and give him a new one!" if i see a good deal, ive get either an arcade or elite provided they are NOT HMV!

If your xbox is still within the 3 year warranty but doesnt have the RROD then send it off and say to them it does anyways or else make it RROD before you send it. Take off the hard drive and turn it on and see if that RROD it, sometimes it does when its on its last legs anyways. If the screen is messed up and its locking up and you have to do the towel trick it wont be long before you get RROD anyways. You just need to call them and tell them the power pack light is whatever colour its supposed to be for RROD and that you have 3 flashing red lights on front and then send it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Eircom are ridiculous.. Rang them before I moved house to see what kind of speeds the lines in the area were capable of. They said they could activate the line straight away as soon as we rang them as we moved in, by doing it remotely, no problem what so ever.. also said the line could take up to 20Mb.

Now today, they said they can't activate it remotely and will have to send someone out to the exchange, which will be 10 days, and the line can't take 10Mb, not 20. Only then can i ring some ISP, and that will be another 10 days before they get their finger out too I suppose.

Amazing how different people in the same place can give different answers for simple questions. Balls.

If its broken and NOT red ringed they wont honour the 3 year warranty. So red ring it yourself.

Take the hard drive out, wrap it in 4 or 5 big towels turn it on and wait 20-30 minutes or so. It will overheat and red ring. send it in. problem solved

• Advertisement

If its broken and NOT red ringed they wont honour the 3 year warranty. So red ring it yourself.

Take the hard drive out, wrap it in 4 or 5 big towels turn it on and wait 20-30 minutes or so. It will overheat and red ring. send it in. problem solved

believe me, ive been trying!!Ive overheated it about 20 times to get working again since November!!

Usually what happens is i overheat it, getting 2 red rings for the overheat and then back on again, it'll work for another while. Ill send it in anyway and hope to get the rrod before I do send it. Ill buy a new one if I can find a reasonable deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement