Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm not going to comment on the last few posts they've all been dealt with, and not for the first time, the rules are on the first page!

I should be on tonight if anyone I have to play is around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Woo Seems as though my xbox has fought back and now is working though I seem to lost the high def and it wont come back. Dont usually play in HD but its currently hooked to my bedroom telly. If you see me, play me because you may not see me again!

EDIT:messed up again when i tried to get it running on my RGB Scart. the 480p component setting looked so bad, it was almost unplayable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Can't you ring MS and tell them you have the RROD? I was getting it intermittently, rang them up got the labels. I managed to play two full games of FIFA while i was waiting for the labels and all.

Sometimes i would turn it on, and it'd be fine for 10 mins, then freeze, other times I'd get the RROD when I turned it on. Just tell them its the RROD, green light on the brick. I actually through in a note saying that my disc drive was getting jammed when my 360 was on its side, and they through in a new one into it aswell while they were at it. I hadn't mentioned it on the phone at all about the disc drive.. I'd say the lads in the factory are dead on!

Otherwise you could get someone on boards to fix it for you, if MS won't fix it for free.

I've updated the tables with the latest scores, can you check to see if there are any mistakes because there were two weeks to update and there's always a possibility of human error!

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Can't you ring MS and tell them you have the RROD? I was getting it intermittently, rang them up got the labels. I managed to play two full games of FIFA while i was waiting for the labels and all.

Sometimes i would turn it on, and it'd be fine for 10 mins, then freeze, other times I'd get the RROD when I turned it on. Just tell them its the RROD, green light on the brick. I actually through in a note saying that my disc drive was getting jammed when my 360 was on its side, and they through in a new one into it aswell while they were at it. I hadn't mentioned it on the phone at all about the disc drive.. I'd say the lads in the factory are dead on!

Otherwise you could get someone on boards to fix it for you, if MS won't fix it for free.

yea, my disc drive sticks while on its side too sometimes. Yea, Im considering leaving some sort of note because I never got the RROD with this but im sending it in saying I did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Parawind wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: 7
    RESULT: AC Milan(Parawind) 3-0 Aston Villa(alofthedunnes)

Axwell think you put in the result wrong for this match on the league standings cause you gave the 3-0 win to villa lol

Ill be around for league games all evening to people that I'm due to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Due to unavoidable and unforseen family problems, I have been unable to play my games in the FIFA league. I'm going to do my best to get this done over the weekend. Can anyone in the Premiership who has to play me pm me when theywill be free and I will do my best to be on and catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I hate FIFA 10. If it wern't for the club and the league I would never play it. That is all.

It's not a football game anymore.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I hate FIFA 10. If it wern't for the club and the league I would never play it. That is all.

It's not a football game anymore.

what happened mate? wouldnt go as far as saying i hate fifa 10 but sometimes the game really upsets me. i played 09 there about 2 weeks ago and its amazing, players make logical runs, both in attacking and defending. 10, your mashing the one-two button to get some momentedum going. and no stupid lobbing in 09! thats not to say 10 has improved a few things, long passing is a disgrace in the old game but 09 feels more balanced. even the graphics are much better in 09, makes no sense!

in the league today, i felt I was fairly haunted to beat GME and the very next game, i felt a lot went against me against Stan Beardy(AC), little things like unfair frees and frees i should have got, balls going through legs, players being unresponsive(IM PRESSING THE F@ING BUTTON!!!!), hell in that game, two of my own players collided for an unchallanged rolling ball, allowing stan for a scorable chance.
    (not to take from Stan's AC win, he scored 2 good headed goals and it was quite an even game)

• Advertisement

this is for you axwell lad!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Finally the draw machine that is Liverpool gets a win!!

and with some luck, you'll zoom pass me, my xbox is wrapped up and ready for its hols to Germany, hopefully it'll come home refreshed and rejuvented and maybe even replaced!

in other words, im wont be playing in this for at least 2 weeks, probably more.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    and with some luck, you'll zoom pass me, my xbox is wrapped up and ready for its hols to Germany, hopefully it'll come home refreshed and rejuvented and maybe even replaced!

in other words, im wont be playing in this for at least 2 weeks, probably more.....

Well keep me and Moon posted on things because the season will be closing towards the end of the month and we will have to sort out games not played and people who quit etc and alrter the league tables accordingly.

will do. i had planned on a new xbox, hell, i bought one on the 18th Dec and it RROD'ed on the 25th Dec. now though, with money being tight and stuff, i'll pray this xbox comes back replaced and i'll catch up at the end of the month. hopefully UPS can actually make it ok, it should have gone out today.

Shouldn't be too long, mine went in Oct/Nov and it took about a week to get back to me!!

To those in the Premiership - Arsenal (Smegball - SeanMeisterSa) has had to quit the league as his xbox has packed in.

As per the rules any remaining fixtures will be awarded a 3-0 win.

All players who quit are considered relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

I have a problem with my broadband for the last 2 weeks. Connection is horrible...3MB is actuall 0.5MB broadband. Engineer is suppose to be coming next week to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

what happened mate?

I really am beging to dislike it. I don't feel its a football game anymore, more a strategy game where people know exactly how much power to put on free kicks from every part of their opponents half to score, play a certain amount of passed to drag the partially retarded AI out of position allowing an easy chance to score, people scoring ridiculous goals because they know if you sprint left, faint back, spin around and burp simultaneously, their opponents keeper will drift forward 4 yards allowing him to shoot from the half way line and score.

It seems just too predictive and scripted to be enjoyable. Most times you can just tell within 5-10 mins of a game whether you have any fair chance of winning a game.
    • Passes will go through your players legs all.game.long.
    • Blatent free-kicks/penalties will not be given.
    • Throw-ins bizzarley given the wrong way
    • Tackling a player becomes impossible as evertime you do so the ball will ricochet either back into his path or a teammates path.
    • It's ridiculously easy to scored chipped shots, ridiculous.
    • Through balls make it too easy to score.
    • AI players react dangerously slow.

and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Pro Evo's old gameplay + Fifa's graphics/licensing = Football. And as I said, if it wasn't for the club and league I would not be playing this game.

:(

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I really am beging to dislike it. I don't feel its a football game anymore, more a strategy game where people know exactly how much power to put on free kicks from every part of their opponents half to score, play a certain amount of passed to drag the partially retarded AI out of position allowing an easy chance to score, people scoring ridiculous goals because they know if you sprint left, faint back, spin around and burp simultaneously, their opponents keeper will drift forward 4 yards allowing him to shoot from the half way line and score.

It seems just too predictive and scripted to be enjoyable. Most times you can just tell within 5-10 mins of a game whether you have any fair chance of winning a game.
    • Passes will go through your players legs all.game.long.
    • Blatent free-kicks/penalties will not be given.
    • Throw-ins bizzarley given the wrong way
    • Tackling a player becomes impossible as evertime you do so the ball will ricochet either back into his path or a teammates path.
    • It's ridiculously easy to scored chipped shots, ridiculous.
    • Through balls make it too easy to score.
    • AI players react dangerously slow.

and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Pro Evo's old gameplay + Fifa's graphics/licensing = Football. And as I said, if it wasn't for the club and league I would not be playing this game.

:(

i agree with everything you said, its sad really. its not a bad game, i mean, its still better than Pro Evo. play fifa 09 again, you will be amazed at how little work they needed to do with that game to get it right. the worse thing about 09 was ronaldo being completely overpowered and the long passing is a lot worse in 09. fixing those 2 things in 09 would be a fifa dream come true as 09 was largely fair and not so scripted.

its crazy how if your on-screen players decide to be ****e, thats it, you've had it. there was one game I had against splender in this where nothing, absolutely nothing went my way for long periods of the game. constantly nutmugged, terrible passing, every break going to the opposition-it was actually quite bizarre and wasnt to do with my skill or how good splender was. not to take from splender, he's a decent player and qualified 1st from the qualifying leagues ahead of me but i was lucky to lose 4-2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Lads I've never come across any of these problems :confused:

Moiph wrote: »
    Lads I've never come across any of these problems :confused:

Lucky you!!

I really dislike this game compared to last years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Is there a qualifing league anytime soon?

Is there a qualifing league anytime soon?

There will be one but it will be about 6 weeks before its up an running. This league has to end then we have another one to start and include the last qualifiers in it. Once thats up and running we will be starting another qualifying round so just keep an eye out for the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Lucky you!!

I really dislike this game compared to last years!!

Yep. But ive been saying this about a week into its release! I would love to ask the programmers what exactly they have done to the game as I loved last years Fifa.

Its very hard pinpoint but everything that has been said thats wrong with the game Ive experienced it too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

The last few weeks I can't do anything right online,

Players who are fast getting caught by players who are alot less slower then them when sprinting
    Tapping the ball to pass to the nearest player yet I get this crossfield pass along the ground to the opposition
    One of my fullbacks ALWAYS being 5 yards behind the defensive line keeping the opposition onside
    Lobbing of keepers is ridiculous
    Crosses that are to a player yet you never gain control of them to attempt a header
    When the opposition clears a corner or free, I find I am unable to gain control of the nearest player but somebody furthest away
    Soft frees being given against and stonewall frees not being given

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS:

We are coming to the end of the fixtures for the current league. The premiership has 1 week of fixtures left, the championship has 2.

ALL players are encouraged to get their games out of the way as we dont plan to have much of a gap between this and the next season so there wont be weeks of catch up waiting for people to finish fixtures overdue.

So send pm's here or on xbox and arrange your games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Axwell wrote: »
    NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS:

We are coming to the end of the fixtures for the current league. The premiership has 1 week of fixtures left, the championship has 2.

ALL players are encouraged to get their games out of the way as we dont plan to have much of a gap between this and the next season so there wont be weeks of catch up waiting for people to finish fixtures overdue.

So send pm's here or on xbox and arrange your games.

Whats the situation with Richie going to be for this season, as there is gonna be such a little gap between this and next season? Will he be able to catch up on 26 games in such a short time or will the points be awarded to everyone else?

If he gets his connection sorted before the end of the league then he will have the chance to play his games and its up to him and everyone else to make themselves available to play the matches. If he doesnt get his connection sorted then his matches will be void..same always.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

I understand he's had to deal with unforeseen circumstances etc. but is it really fair on the other people who committed to playing the league from the start and were able to fulfill there fixtures in time?

I just think it is a little bit unfair that he already has a 12 point head start due to people dropping out before he can play!

In future seasons will this be allowed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement