Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

He hadnt planned being not able to play this long, he had moved house just as the season started and had said to me he would be a few weeks late starting but then due to other things happening it turned out he has had to move again. He didnt know this at the time and so hes only getting sorted in the new place now and there wasnt anything he can do about it. Chances are he isnt going to get all his games if even any played, in which case his games are void as per usual which he is aware of. He has always played his games and is a long standing member of the league, as I said his circumstances were unexpected and there was nothing that could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

whens the predicted end date of season 5 axwell? My xbox only managed to start its journey today so you wont see me until the end of the month I suppose and thats provided it comes back repaired which is by no means guaranteed either!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well the last fixture in the premiership is the week of the 15th..but theres only one game so people will be expected to use that as a catch up week. The championship finished the week of the 22nd, hopefully there wont be need for a catch up week in it but if there is we will look at that. That would mean the end of the month the lot should be finished and then there will be a week where me and Moon sort out the tables and promotions and relegations etc and the qualifying league. After that we will look at organising the next season and getting it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Ive to play:

RichieMUFC - Real Madrid x2 (Net Probs)
    TuneTuneTuner - Inter Milan x2
    Reganovski - Atletico Madrid
    MarkSRFC90 - Barcelona
    Kirk The Dog - Valencia
    Corcaigh09 - Chelsea (RROD)

I'll be on tomorrow night to play if anyone is on.
    Has anyone had problems playing Tuner? Cause I can never join a session with him. Yet I don't have NAT probs.

If you're on tomorrow mate we should try again for the 10th?? Time :P

Axwell wrote: »
    Well the last fixture in the premiership is the week of the 15th..but theres only one game so people will be expected to use that as a catch up week. The championship finished the week of the 22nd, hopefully there wont be need for a catch up week in it but if there is we will look at that. That would mean the end of the month the lot should be finished and then there will be a week where me and Moon sort out the tables and promotions and relegations etc and the qualifying league. After that we will look at organising the next season and getting it going.

sounds like ill be very lucky to get another game in so. bar my hissy fit, ive been fairly good for fulfilling fixtures so sorry to anyone i have left to play, short of buying a new replacement, its out of my hands.

• Advertisement

Ive to play:

RichieMUFC - Real Madrid x2 (Net Probs)
    TuneTuneTuner - Inter Milan x2
    Reganovski - Atletico Madrid
    MarkSRFC90 - Barcelona
    Kirk The Dog - Valencia
    Corcaigh09 - Chelsea (RROD)

I'll be on tomorrow night to play if anyone is on.
    Has anyone had problems playing Tuner? Cause I can never join a session with him. Yet I don't have NAT probs.

If you're on tomorrow mate we should try again for the 10th?? Time :P

tuner has been grand for me, only major problem i had connecting with was you! although to be fair, i think it was more me in that situation! NAT actually changed somehow, it was bizarre. good way to check out your NAT is by playing 1vs100, that game will mention if you are on a strict setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Parawind wrote: »
    Championship

Championship
    (Yapamillas) Man City 3-1 AC Milan (Parawind)

He scored in the first 3 min..and I know first hand how well he is at defending...so i set out to camp on the edge of his box and wait for him to make a mistake...turns out i had to wait almost 70min before i got the goal and then he had to try grab the winner...i had pato in my pocket after the first goal...would not have said anything had he protected his lead and won the match...i threw everything i had at him...and it could have gone his way quite easily...prob the 2ndmost exciting game ive played along with the other game i played against him earlier this season

Whats the story axwell...is the boardsrepublic league table updated?...im quite interested in the promotion race...maybe a screenshot of the table on boards?? (id do it but im not too sure if the current one is the updated one)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I still have to play:

Real Madrid twice (pending on Richie's net getting sorted)
    Chelsea (pending on Corcaigh's RROD being sorted in time)
    Athletico Madrid
    Liverpool
    Man City

I also had fixtures left against Arsenal and Juventus, both of which have left the league. I'm available most of this week for anyone that has to play me (AS Roma).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

its really fair on the other people who committed to playing the league from the start and were able to fulfill there fixtures in time?

I just think it is a little bit unfair that he already has a 12 point head start due to people dropping out before he can play!

In future seasons will this be allowed?

Well, I'm not sure what you want me to do about that? :confused:

How was I supposed to know people would drop out?
    And its not like I planned to be out sick (hospital visits, the lot) for such a long time?

Just put me down for losses for those games. I don't mind one way or the other. I'll just be happy to get back playing a few games again.

Eircom calling today supposedly. I've played about 20 laggy games of FIFA online with a 3 modem with one bar of signal since I've got back from holidays (most of the people I played quit because of the lag :pac: ) so I'm looking forward to getting battered by everyone anyways! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lads, can I ask you all to please do your best to play any outstanding matches you have to play.

I don't want to hear that I've been online every night and no-ones on.

PM them here on Boards and message them on live! If you don't hear back from them let me know.

We want to get season 6 started as soon as we can once this one finishes.

All fixtures can be found here and if you click on your team you'll see the fixtures you have outstanding along with recent results. (If you notice any incorrect results please let me know so I can ammend)

Also, if the following players are around I still have to play you. Can you PM me a day and time you will be on. I'm sending you all a PM too.

Man City x 2 (this isn't going to get played as he totally ignores my messages whenever he's online)
    Real Madrid x 2 (Times running out Richie, enjoy life in the championship :p)
    Aston Villa
    Atletico Madrid
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Valencia
    Sevilla
    AC Milan
    AS Roma

• Advertisement

Whats the story axwell...is the boardsrepublic league table updated?...im quite interested in the promotion race...maybe a screenshot of the table on boards?? (id do it but im not too sure if the current one is the updated one)

Moon looks after the tables and updates them each week once the fixtures from the last week have been played etc.

For those of you with fixtures left to play the following arent available..

Premiership:

Chelsea - xbox away for repair so hes not able to play games at the min
    Man City - Away on holidays for a few weeks, not sure when hes back as he didnt give a date
    Juventus - not in league anymore
    Arsenal - xbox broken so unable to play
    Real Madrid - unable to play games at the min and unlikely to get to

Championship:

Bordeaux - not in league anymore

If ive left anyone out thats left etc let me know.

Premiership:

Man City - Away on holidays for a few weeks, not sure when hes back as he didnt give a date

Championship:

Championship

Arsenal - not in league anymore

Must be some jinx with Arsenal and Juve dropped out of both leagues!! :D

NOTE REGARDING SEASON END:

Myself and Moon have discussed the seasons fixtures and what remains etc and it has been decided there will be no additional catch up week. There is only 3 fixtures in a gameweek so people have had plenty of time to catch up over the christmas and previous weeks.

The Premierships last set of fixtures begin Fri 15th with only 1 game in that week meaning plenty of time for people to catch up on other games between now and the end of that week.
    The Championships last set of fixtures begin Fri 22nd again with people only having 1 match that week to play allowing time to catch up on overdue games.

At the end of those gameweeks any games left unplayed will be void and points will not be awarded to either team unless it is a game involving a player who has left or not participated in the league. Also in the cases where people have participated but are away/RROD etc we will award points where necessary.

From then we will post who has been promoted/relegated and start a thread for people to confirm their participation in next season which we plan to start very shortly after this one. Once we have confirmation of name we will be starting the team picks across 3 divisions to include the qualifiers from last season.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Also, if the following players are around I still have to play you. Can you PM me a day and time you will be on. I'm sending you all a PM too.

Man City x 2 (this isn't going to get played as he totally ignores my messages whenever he's online)
    Real Madrid x 2 (Times running out Richie, enjoy life in the championship :p)
    Aston Villa

Fcuker! :P

Thats likely, even if I don't play my games!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Premiership:

Championship:

I think Kriby(Man city) is back around the 23rd

Parawind wrote: »
    I think Kriby(Man city) is back around the 23rd

Yeah he said around the 24th but we will be finished at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Real Madrid(2)
    Sevilla(2)
    Aston Villa
    Athletico Madrid
    Man Utd
    Bayern Munich
    Chelsea

Just noticed im down as having played sevilla but we havent played either of our games yet? Unless ive forgotten??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Well, I'm not sure what you want me to do about that? :confused:

As you decided to disregard my comment saying that I understood that you had several issues preventing you from getting things back on track. My main point that I was trying to get across is will such long absences be allowed in future leagues?
    How was I supposed to know people would drop out?

I don't expect you to be able to see into the future so I amn't blaming you for that, but i was just making the point that when or if you can fulfill your fixtures that you'll have a 12 point head start.
    And its not like I planned to be out sick (hospital visits, the lot) for such a long time?
    I understand he's had to deal with unforeseen circumstances etc.

I'm not looking for an argument here, I know you've played the past four seasons without any problems getting fixtures played. I just wanted some clarification on certain issues with this as it is one of the first cases that something like this has occurred where a player has stayed in a league for such a prolonged period but is unable to compete on a regular basis or at all.

He doesnt have a 12 point headstart, he hasnt participated in the league so at this stage he has 0 points, also based on the fact we will be finishing next Friday its unlikely that Richie will be getting any of his games in so he will remain on zero points.

As you said yourself it is the first time its happened and it was expected to be honest that Richie would have been able to play his games by now so he might have to bite the bullet on it at this stage that he wont get to play his games as trying to get them all played in a week just isnt going to happen.

As regards future seasons there will be some changes to a few rules which myself and Moon will talk about and be posting at the start of the season, especially regarding fixtures and not playing them on time. With only 3 games a week there is no reason for people to have fixtures going back 6 weeks ago and not getting them out of the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

What's the story with the rest of Man City's games then if he doesn't get back in time?

This means I just have Liverpool and Athletico Madrid to play and then whatever fixtures I have next week.

joe123 wrote: »
    Sevilla(2)

Just noticed im down as having played sevilla but we havent played either of our games yet? Unless ive forgotten??

You could be right, can you check with cactus mac88 and see if he remembers, I don't fancy going through all the threads to see if the score was posted!

Just checked the fixtures, the last game due was for this gameweek!

you'll have a 12 point head start.
    Just put me down for losses for those games. I don't mind one way or the other.

End of.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bad Beat/Moan/Vent

How hard is it for people to reply to messages to play a game??? You're online, you're playing FIFA, can you not have the common decency to reply with a yes/no! :rolleyes:

Mr Moon wrote: »
    You could be right, can you check with cactus mac88 and see if he remembers, I don't fancy going through all the threads to see if the score was posted!

Just checked the fixtures, the last game due was for this gameweek!

Yeah I checked over my results we havent played either of our games yet.

joe123 wrote: »
    Yeah I checked over my results we havent played either of our games yet.

Fixed it now! I hope I didn't put someone else's result in the wrong box!! :o

Just an update on Real Madrid in the premiership - Richie is only getting his internet sorted now and has agreed to forfeit his games so as not to hold up the league as it is unlikely he will get his games played next week. All matches will be awarded 3-0 when Moon gets a chance to update the tables.

Tables updated!!

Just an update on Real Madrid in the premiership - Richie is only getting his internet sorted now and has agreed to forfeit his games so as not to hold up the league as it is unlikely he will get his games played next week. All matches will be awarded 3-0 when Moon gets a chance to update the tables.

As you say, realistically I'm not likely to get 30+ games done in a week where I have to work 40 hours aswell. It'll only extend it when the lads are planning on getting the new season going straight away.

• Advertisement

Ive caught up on a good few games the last few days. Only Villa, Seville (2) and chelsea left.

Corcaigh has his xbox sent off for repair so what will happen this game?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement