Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

How many you reckon get promoted from the Championship?

I'd say it's 3 but depending on numbers, it could be only 2!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

A lot have dropped out of the championship this season...also a lot of you have still to confirm your place for next season...theres a thread for it so you should stick your name down asap cos its not just going to be assumed you're playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mr Moon wrote: »
    You just worry about getting your internet sorted, then come back to us :D

I'm back! So, spill the beans.. :D

Digiweb managed to post it today apparently. Thats them posting it one day AFTER the maximum amount of time they said it would take for me to receive it. Good work lads!

I need to get in a load of practice so I don't get reamed!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

I'd say it's 3 but depending on numbers, it could be only 2!

I thought in the the rules it was meant to be 3 teams??

Surely the top 3 teams in the champ who sign up for next season will get promoted :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It will depend on numbers, we arent going to have a premiership full of players and a championship with lots less. More than likely 3 will go up but at the end of the day it will depend on numbers.
    Too many people sign up and then dont finish the league and drop out. Also a lot of people didnt finish a lot of their games so we will have new rules in place for the new season to curb that. So once the championship ends we will see what numbers have signed up for next season and go from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I have a question regarding that.

From I can gather, 2 of the 3 people who have gotten "relegated" were in fact kicked out. Seeing as they are being removed and not dropping down to the championship, shouldn't it be the next 2 players on the list who are staying for next season that get put down.

Part of the problem with the championship not having enough players is that the relegated people arent dropping down.....they are being kicked. Relegating the next 3 lowest points totals makes the most sense.

None of the premiership players were "kicked out" or removed so you gathered incorrectly. Richie is dropping down as he didnt play any of his games, 1 quit and the other left because he was unable to play the rest of the season.

The people who were kicked were in the championship failed to reply to any messages on here or xbox regarding why they werent replying to players in their division or responding to any messages sent to them by me asking about it. They were given enough chances to reply and didnt. We have enough trouble trying to get people that are in the leagues to finish their games at the end of the season without having people who cant be arsed to play or answer your messages when you ask why they havent been playing.

When people join the league they are expected to take part and play their games and get them finished, its only fair on everyone else when they are making the effort too. If a player is going to play a handful of games and then just go missing and ignore any messages sent to them they deserve to be kicked for wasting peoples time. We arent going to punish someone else that makes the effort and is taking part.

"kicked out" and "quit" amounts to the same thing axwell. You are arguing semantics.

Essentially, a person who wont be appearing in the championship next season has taken up a relegation spot. So the championship isn't gainging the drop down. Due to this, the next lowest person who hasnt quit or been kicked, should take the place. Not only is this logical, it helps ease the problem of lack of players for the championship and helps maintain the three promotion spots for the championship.

Its nothing to do with semantics, one got relegated because he didnt get to play his games and the other two quit due to connection issues. The players in the championship were kicked out because they werent playing their games, they didnt leave they were removed.

At the end of the day this is the way the rules have always been, players who quit get relegated. The players who play in the premiership are the ones who make the effort in most cases and have been around the longest. The majority of players quitting, not playing etc this season were from the championship and qualifying from last season, including one of the people who quit in the premiership. In most cases they were the ones who joined from the qualifying. As regards the numbers in the championship we have a full qualifying league to cater for so we will be able to filter some of them in to the championship if needs be to make up the numbers. The main thing with numbers is I have a thread for people to confirm they are taking part next season which most havent posted in, if the majority do then there wont be any problems with numbers.

The problem with the championship has nothing to do with players being relegated it is about players coming in from the qualifying and not being dedicated enough to play their games and part take in the league when it starts. At the end of the day those in the premiership in most cases play all their games and make an effort. We arent going to punish people who make an effort when others dont. We want a league made up of players that are going to play the full season and get through their games not people who will quit or not bother to play their fixtures.

Considering you are one of the players who didnt bother playing a load of his fixtures this season for you to be coming on and questioning why people that quit and didnt bother with their games are the ones being relegated is a bit rich. You only missed the last gameweek due to being on holidays which was one game, you had 7 others that you didnt play and people made the effort to contact you.

The relegation rules are there from day 1 and will remain the same.
    As regards the other rules we will be introducing some changes to them before the league starts, mainly to do with people not making the effort to play their games. When most people can play all of their games there is no reason why others have loads of fixtures left come the end of the season. So we will be introducing a system by where those players will be penalised for not making the effort to get their games out of the way.

We will be posting the rules before the season starts and all players will have a chance to read over them at that stage and voice their opinions.

Axwell wrote: »
    Considering you are one of the players who didnt bother playing a load of his fixtures this season for you to be coming on and questioning why people that quit and didnt bother with their games are the ones being relegated is a bit rich. You only missed the last gameweek due to being on holidays which was one game, you had 7 others that you didnt play and people made the effort to contact you. .

You are wrong. I missed two weeks. Please inform yourself of the facts.

It's fairly obvious why you are so adamant about this by the way. One only needs to have a look at the league table and your position on it. It reeks of nepotism tbh and its very, very transparent.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    You are wrong. I missed two weeks. Please inform yourself of the facts.

It's fairly obvious why you are so adamant about this by the way. One only needs to have a look at the league table and your position on it. It reeks of nepotism tbh and its very, very transparent.

Fixtures were posted Friday 8th, that gameweek had begun at that stage and you werent on holidays at this point so you had the opportunity to play those 3 games that day if you made the effort to contact people in advance and see if they would be available. You missed one week of fixtures due to being away, those of the following week being the 15th which was one fixture in total. 7 games unplayed, those are the facts. Those games you missed people contacted you and you made no effort to organise them with them and ignored messages.

Your original concern was about the numbers in the championship getting promoted, I said to you assuming enough people sign up 3 will get promoted so if you are so concerned and worried about the championship players and whoever is in 3rd at the end not getting up im sure they will be promoted.

As regards your accusations about the rules and how it suits me, as I said above the rule is there from the start regardless of mine or anyone else position in the league. Someone commented a while ago that when a rule was there from the start it should be stuck with, this is another rule that has been there from the start and we will be sticking with it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63617329&postcount=273

Fixtures were posted Friday 8th, that gameweek had begun at that stage and you werent on holidays at this point so you had the opportunity to play those 3 games that day if you made the effort to contact people in advance and see if they would be available. You missed one week of fixtures due to being away, those of the following week being the 15th which was one fixture in total. 7 games unplayed, those are the facts. Those games you missed people contacted you and you made no effort to organise them with them and ignored messages.

I left on the 8th. I was gone for two weeks. I attempted to get as many fixtures played as possible, I cannot control when other people come online. I also had a fixture against Milan that I played on that friday that wasnt reported on boards, because I was in a hurry. Yeh know. To get on a plane.

And with regards to that post you kindly linked, I stand by that. Rules shouldn't change until the season is over. The season is over. Which is why im bringing it up.

And that particular "rule" is oddly self-serving is it not? For you? It is not fair that the championship loses some of its promotion places because you want to stay in the premiership.
    It will depend on numbers.

There were rumbling in this thread that the championship might not get all their places. The three promotions spots is also in the rules and yet you see fit to alter that if it needs to be. Why does this rule "depend" on something while others are set in stone?

I'd link a picture of a black kettle but it would be childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Well speaking as the person "currently" in third in the championship, surely the people who finished lowest in the premiership should be relegated regardless of the people who get kicked. The lowest 3 players who haven't quit or been kicked should go down and 3 go up. Because otherwise there won't be anyone dependable in the championship to play in it. As we can't be sure that all the qualifiers can be depended on.

Also if the third team didn't get promoted then myself, aldunne and dufflecoats kinda played the whole season for nothing, since the top 2 places were wrapped up within the first few weeks.

PS: Just to defend the qualifiers from last season, me and yapa qualified last season and we have played the most matches in the championship.

I left on the 8th. I was gone for two weeks. I attempted to get as many fixtures played as possible, I cannot control when other people come online. I also had a fixture against Milan that I played on that friday that wasnt reported on boards, because I was in a hurry. Yeh know. To get on a plane.

Im sure those you had to play against would disagree that you made much of an effort to play your games. I remember you responding to others on here saying you seen their messages about playing games but you were playing club and forgot to reply. Also you were on boards on the 9th if you wanted to post your result you could have not that it matters at this stage.
    And that particular "rule" is oddly self-serving is it not? For you? It is not fair that the championship loses some of its promotion places because you want to stay in the premiership.

The championship losing promotion places if it even comes to that (which again I will say is unlikely if most people sign up for next season) is down to the numbers who are playing again next season and trying to keep 3 divisions as close in size to each other as possible.It has nothing to do with the premiership or my position in it.

We are trying to keep 3 divisions of a reasonably same size going. If people who played last season sign up to play again this season then there won't be any issue with numbers and 3 will get promoted. If you want to go pm all those who havent signed up yet for next season and remind them to sign up feel free.

We are trying to keep 3 divisions of a reasonably same size going. If people who played last season sign up to play again this season then there won't be any issue with numbers and 3 will get promoted. If you want to go pm all those who havent signed up yet for next season and remind them to sign up feel free.

Why on earth are we going to have 3 leagues when we can't even fill 2.

Im sure those you had to play against would disagree that you made much of an effort to play your games. I remember you responding to others on here saying you seen their messages about playing games but you were playing club and forgot to reply. Also you were on boards on the 9th if you wanted to post your result you could have not that it matters at this stage..

I also messaged people many, many times asking for league games while they were doing other things and got ignored. I just don't complain about it which is why you don't hear about it.

Secondly, I got all my games finished last season. You would only have to check the records. I would have gotten all of mine played this season if there was an extra week at the end. There was not. Who's decision was that?

I also would have gotten them played if people that are going to be away were allowed to play those weeks games early. There is absolutely no logical reason why people are on holidays or people with Xbox's being sent in for repair, shouldnt be able to play their games earlier. It would be good for the league.

You know my opinion on the matter at this stage. I'll leave it there.

Parawind wrote: »
    Also if the third team didn't get promoted then myself, aldunne and dufflecoats kinda played the whole season for nothing, since the top 2 places were wrapped up within the first few weeks.

PS: Just to defend the qualifiers from last season, me and yapa qualified last season and we have played the most matches in the championship.

More than likely 3 will be promoted so it shouldnt be an issue as long as people sign up. Feel free to remind anyone in the club with you that hasnt signed up for next season to do so.

Also while you and Yapa played the most to counter that imsneeky and Delemu both abandoned the league half way through and failed to reply to any messages and they were both from qualifying. Seaonog was the same and if i recall also from qualifying. You actively play in the club as does yapa, you are also a friend of Kirbys so I am aware you play your games. Unfortunately not everyone follows through from qualifying in the same manner.

I would suggest to you both to wait till the rules for next season are posted and make suggestions or comments on them at that point as the rules in place will be applied to the current season as per normal. As regards promotion there is a thread for sign ups to next season, remind those who havent in the club etc to sign up and there shouldnt be any reason why 3 wont be promoted.

I also would have gotten them played if people that are going to be away were allowed to play those weeks games early. There is absolutely no logical reason why people are on holidays or people with Xbox's being sent in for repair, shouldnt be able to play their games earlier. It would be good for the league.

You know my opinion on the matter at this stage. I'll leave it there.

People on holidays is one of the rules being addressed for next season and there will be a ruling in place so they can play their fixtures in advance. The reason people arent allowed to play games whenever they feel like it in advance is to keep some sort of order on things and so people dont go play all their games in the first few weeks and then moan at everyone else who isnt finished when they are done and there is still weeks left in the season.

We will be posting the full set of rules for the new season next week so all that can be addressed at that stage. I am off to bed.

Finally...I haz an interwebz

It's great to see the appreciation Axwell and myself get for running these leagues! :rolleyes:

Then I remember, people love to complain!!

The premiership season is over, championship will be finished at midnight tomorrow! After that, all will become a lot clearer.

The problem we've had this season is a load of people dropping out/not playing games, we had 2 in the premiership and 6 in the championship. This is causing a headache trying to get the numbers even across the leagues.

In the past we've let people play games early if they came to us saying they were going on holidays, nobody asked me this, a new rule will be put in place for next season on this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

I still have to play dufflecoat and nedved...will be on today and tomorrow from 8pm onwards...msg me on live when your online lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

It's great to see the appreciation Axwell and myself get for running these leagues! :rolleyes:

Then I remember, people love to complain!!

The premiership season is over, championship will be finished at midnight tomorrow! After that, all will become a lot clearer.

The problem we've had this season is a load of people dropping out/not playing games, we had 2 in the premiership and 6 in the championship. This is causing a headache trying to get the numbers even across the leagues.

In the past we've let people play games early if they came to us saying they were going on holidays, nobody asked me this, a new rule will be put in place for next season on this!

Lads fair play to yous for running the league. But as was mentioned above, why oh why are you planning on running 3 leagues when we cant even fill 2 for a full season. I suggest you have two proper leagues and a 3rd qualifying league only. And bottom 3 ranked people (after people who leave during league) are relegated.

Lads fair play to yous for running the league. But as was mentioned above, why oh why are you planning on running 3 leagues when we cant even fill 2 for a full season. I suggest you have two proper leagues and a 3rd qualifying league only. And bottom 3 ranked people (after people who leave during league) are relegated.

I'm sick of listening to what people think! It's going to be run the way it's always run and always worked, we had 4 perfect seasons until the last batch of qualifiers came along with all their I think... ideas!!

We should have enough now for 3 leagues of very decent players!

If anyone has any more thoughts on this please feel free to PM me as I don't want to be reading it here!!

Thanks

If anyone has any more thoughts on this please feel free to GO **** YOURSELF

FYP :)

:pac:...sorry...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

I will be on tomorrow night at about 8o clock. in the championship i have to play Bayern (Garak), Ath Madrid (duffles....) and Aston Villa (aldunne). Could you send me a message over xbox or thru this if ye will be around or not please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

What's the story with people who cant play their remaining games this week. Have been in contact with a few people and for whatever reason they havent been able to play our final games. Who gets the points?

For anyone who has games against me remaining and is able to play I'll be on for an hour from half 5 and then again after 9 for a couple of hours. Do your best to get on. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hi lads, iv gone over my download limit for the broadband in the house so im getting very slow speeds atm (god damn digiweb), i should be back up and running middle to end of next week, think the league is over by then though?

yeah the league ended last night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Really surprised by the lack of people posting up in the confirmation thread.

• Advertisement

Moiph wrote: »
    Really surprised by the lack of people posting up in the confirmation thread.

I'm not too surprised, a lot of the people in the leagues haven't really warmed up to fifa 10. I'm sure there will be a good few qualifiers coming in though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement