Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Mr Moon wrote: »
    No need to start a new thread and clog up the forum! All FIFA league questions should be posted in this thread!

With regards the above, if any professional league team can't or doesn't field a team a walkover would be awarded. I don't see why it should be different for us!

We don't want people to quit, the league is set up to build players up to play their games over the season, with this, people who come up from the qualifers aren't used to playing this format and get fed up and quit or don't bother playing games (nothing we can do about this), we're looking to have people who want to play and are reliable. Hense anyone who quits gets kicked from the league isn't allowed back.

6 of the 7 people who quit last season came up from the qualifiers in the last two seasons.

This rule has always been in place and will not be changing this season.

Thanks for your query

My one thread was NOT 'clogging up' the forum. A professional team that has not turned up will be penalized by conceding a walkover to the other team because they have not played their game at the time the fixture dictates...dont go using that excuse...LOADS of fixtures were not played in their correct week...if you want to emulate professional leaqgues then award 3-0 loses to teams that dont complete their matches in the prescribed week. For every person that quit the league from qualifying...there were lots more that stayed (given that everyone presumably came from qualifying in the first place).

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Would someone really be devious enough to hold off on playing games in the slim hope, or off-chance that one of the guys they still have to play drops out?

I think your just reading a bit too much into it man. In 5 seasons its only happened once that someone could seriously benefit from it, and that didn't happen.

They might not be devious enough...but this rule suits people that are lazy and fall behind in fixtures...it handicaps the lads who play there games on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Alright lads, only got the account back. Had some good games up near the end of the league. But had a PTM and apparently , well not apparently more evidently my parents do have a reign on me and the xbox was gone for a bit. but it's back now haha.

Sorry to anyone i had outstanding games with!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

They might not be devious enough...but this rule suits people that are lazy and fall behind in fixtures...it handicaps the lads who play there games on time.

As I said in my original post, I don't think handicapping those who play on time and win, is a better alternative solution.

As I said in my original post, I don't think handicapping those who play on time and win, is a better alternative solution.

Your not handicapping them...youre making sure no one gains an advantage over the course of the season.

Its obviously not going to change so ill drop it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Most people would find it impossible to get their 3 games played every week. People have work, college, parent teacher meetings (classic :D) and whatever else going on and some weeks just dont have the time.

If we were to penalise people every week they didnt get a game played the league would be pointless. Just to point out to you that in local leagues if a team drops out of it mid season or doesnt play then this is the exact ruling that is used and any remainging games are awarded a walkover but the games played while they were active in the league stand.

As Moon said the rule is there from before and wont be changed...case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Voiding their wins isn't handicapping them? :confused:

Its better to void all the results because you get a better balance across the league. Like i played DeleMu last season and the same week i played him Dufflecoats was suppose to, but they didn't play there match. I got a 5-2 lost but Dufflecoats got a 3-0 walk over because they never played. Seems much fairer to cancel the previous results that were played.

Axwell wrote: »
    Most people would find it impossible to get their 3 games played every week. People have work, college, parent teacher meetings (classic :D) .
    Less of it, the one time it's a genuine reason :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SDTimeout wrote: »

Its genuine but i laughed when I read it and about your xbox been taken away for a bit. Must have been a bad meeting :D

SDTimeout wrote: »

That is the best excuse ever. I salute you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

My one thread was NOT 'clogging up' the forum. A professional team that has not turned up will be penalized by conceding a walkover to the other team because they have not played their game at the time the fixture dictates...dont go using that excuse...LOADS of fixtures were not played in their correct week...if you want to emulate professional leaqgues then award 3-0 loses to teams that dont complete their matches in the prescribed week. For every person that quit the league from qualifying...there were lots more that stayed (given that everyone presumably came from qualifying in the first place).

Yes your one thread was clogging up the forum, we dont' need stupid threads when we have one here that we use for all league matters!

You're not seeing the whole picture here, we are trying to run a league with the least amount of hassle. People who half arsed play the league isn't what we want. We have a good bunch of lads who've played from the beginning and only last season have we had the moaners and complainers on!
    Your not handicapping them...youre making sure no one gains an advantage over the course of the season.

Its obviously not going to change so ill drop it.

Tell me who has gained a real advantage over the season?
    Parawind wrote: »
    Its better to void all the results because you get a better balance across the league. Like i played DeleMu last season and the same week i played him Dufflecoats was suppose to, but they didn't play there match. I got a 5-2 lost but Dufflecoats got a 3-0 walk over because they never played. Seems much fairer to cancel the previous results that were played.

And? Who's to say Duffle would've lost to him? Who's to say he would've won? Did it make a difference at the end of the season??

Its genuine but i laughed when I read it and about your xbox been taken away for a bit. Must have been a bad meeting :D
    I'll be honest with you the general feeling of the teachers was. We know it will come right for andrew, he's a great lad and is polite and gets on well with everyone.

But making my mam look like a fool infront of my french teacher then telling her the next day the teacher was laughing at her with the class, that was the mistake.

Yes I can see where the problem might be with that alright lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Oh if anyone isn't enjoying the leagues we run, you're more than welcome to feck off!! :)

Yes your one thread was clogging up the forum, we dont' need stupid threads when we have one here that we use for all league matters!

Ok...in your opinion it was a stupid thread...I had a query, it had nothing to do with season 5...i made a new thread. End of Discussion.

You're not seeing the whole picture here, we are trying to run a league with the least amount of hassle. People who half arsed play the league isn't what we want. We have a good bunch of lads who've played from the beginning and only last season have we had the moaners and complainers on!

I was pointing out a way to make the season more fair. I hope that id be included in the good group of lads.

Tell me who has gained a real advantage over the season?

If you mean last season...if id HAD gone down to points...parawind could have lost...i could have lost on goal difference...just because something didnt happen doesnt mean that it wont affect the league next year.

And? Who's to say Duffle would've lost to him? Who's to say he would've won? Did it make a difference at the end of the season??

Once again...he may have lost...he may have been affected...it could have made a difference...please have more foresight

Look at this stage we have discussed the rule, it wont be changing.

There is a set of rules in a sticky at the top of the league which players have to give "thanks" to. If they dont then they cant participate in the league.

As Moon said if anyone doesnt want to participate this season feel free to leave. We will be starting team picks on Monday for those who are interested and prefer to play football than post thread after thread of bitching and moaning about how things are run. Case closed unless someone else wishes to continue whinging and moaning..it gets tiresome though to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yea thats grand. its worth discussing though since its the off-season and such. Parawind has a point though, he kept his end of the deal by playing his game with delemu whereas if he was lazy about it, he would have got the points. I accept the rules, i aint starting an argument but you have to think, thats a bit wrong. if its the difference between promotion or going down or becoming champs, you will see more lads getting upset by this.

The new rules are good though. will there be exceptions to the rule, i presume lads with RROD or whatever will get a sick note and not get kicked.

If someone is going on holidays they tell us in advance, if someone gets RROD they inform us so we know the situation..thats all.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Oh if anyone isn't enjoying the leagues we run, you're more than welcome to feck off!! :)

no no, we really do enjoy the leagues and its because we enjoy them so much that we are complaining. If we didn't care we wouldn't bother moaning. FYI we do appreciate the effort that is put into the running of the league, we are just trying to offer ideas of how it can improve to avoid more moaning in the future. Moaning a little now to save lots of moaning later down the road lol.

I like how 'discussions' pre season are conducted. THAT IS ALL. CASE CLOSED.

Im finished with what I had to say during this 'discussion'.

• Advertisement

You asked about the rule, we said it wouldnt be changed. It could have been left at that.

I thought you had dropped it an hour ago..

chris_farley_as_benett_brower.jpg
    :pac: Everyone is 'glad' you are 'happy' with the 'discussion' and on this 'thread' :pac:

:D Sorry :D

Parawind wrote: »
    no no, we really do enjoy the leagues and its because we enjoy them so much that we are complaining. If we didn't care we wouldn't bother moaning. FYI we do appreciate the effort that is put into the running of the league, we are just trying to offer ideas of how it can improve to avoid more moaning in the future. Moaning a little now to save lots of moaning later down the road lol.

Offering a suggestions is fine, it was offered and we said the rule would stand. If you appreciated all the effort etc that goes into it you would then accept the rule isnt going to change and leave it at that. Instead there is further moaning about it, and im sure there will be moaning about something else at some other point along the way. You have given thanks and accepted the rules so im not sure why you are even going on about it at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

chris_farley_as_benett_brower.jpg
    :pac: Everyone is 'glad' you are 'happy' with the 'discussion' and on 'thread' :pac:

:D Sorry :D

quality post, LOL!

Offering a suggestions is fine, it was offered and we said the rule would stand. If you appreciated all the effort etc that goes into it you would then accept the rule isnt going to change and leave it at that. Instead there is further moaning about it, and im sure there will be moaning about something else at some other point along the way. You have given thanks and accepted the rules so im not sure why you are even going on about it at this point.

I am hardly going on about it, i was just pointing out that there could be the case when it may effect promotion or relegation or even the league winner. I didn't demand the rule be changed or even really moan i was just using what happened last season as an example of how it could have an effect. Anyway i'm happy with the new rules, i think the idea of a half way point is a good idea and will help to stop this sort of thing.

You asked about the rule, we said it wouldnt be changed. It could have been left at that.

I thought you had dropped it an hour ago..

Understood

Understood der fuhrer

Thought you closed the case...3rd time lucky maybe?

Thought you closed the case...3rd time lucky maybe?

I did close the case. You keep opening it. Its closed.

Glad to hear it

• Advertisement

Glad to hear it

as am i

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement