Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm amazed at how quickly people have made their picks.
    Well done to Moon and Axwell for organizing this and to everyone for getting their picks done.
    Looking forward to getting started :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

moz wrote: »
    I'm amazed at how quickly people have made their picks.
    Well done to Moon and Axwell for organizing this and to everyone for getting their picks done.
    Looking forward to getting started :D

I think most people are quite terrified of Axwell so either things went smoothly or people got hurt. I was 15 minutes late with my pics and he turned up at my door with a bunch or cronies and becan to threaten me.

I think most people are sick of the travesty of Fifa 10 ranked matches and it's a pleasure to play the game in th eway its intended.

Very happy with Bayern.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think most people are quite terrified of Axwell so either things went smoothly or people got hurt. I was 15 minutes late with my pics and he turned up at my door with a bunch or cronies and becan to threaten me.

I think most people are sick of the travesty of Fifa 10 ranked matches and it's a pleasure to play the game in th eway its intended.

Very happy with Bayern.

Well it worked didnt it, you eventually gave me your pick while screaming like a girl for them not to hurt you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Fair play lads for getting this done so fast.

I have to ask though, how you lads at the early picks could let Richie get his hands on Ronaldo again. Does nobody remember the first season where everybody had United.

Any sign of Kirks picks??

I've no patience :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

bennyc wrote: »
    I have to ask though, how you lads at the early picks could let Richie get his hands on Ronaldo

Viva Ronaldooo, Viva Ronaldooooooo ;)

Although, I do have the disadvantage of only ever playing about 8 games of FIFA 10 online so far. I'd be surprised if I don't get violated.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Any sign of Kirks picks??

I've no patience :D

Nothing yet, he was on earlier but didnt send us anything and he has pms telling him its his turn to pick so should be aware its due.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry lads about the delay ill get my pick to ya tonight Axwell. Had Bayern and City in mind so I have to just have a quick test of two other teams to see if either of them are any use.

Have training tonight and the Liverpool match is on so ill have my team ready soon after that!

Well Cactus cant pick till you do and everyone else has their selections in so your holding it up for everyone else at this stage. You could of course let us skip past you and leave you to the end if you want.

As a Liverpool fan I can safely say we wont win and you will miss nothing so dedicate the time to getting your team pick in instead it will be more worthwhile. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Axwell wrote: »
    Well Cactus cant pick till you do and everyone else has their selections in so your holding it up for everyone else at this stage. You could of course let us skip past you and leave you to the end if you want.

As a Liverpool fan I can safely say we wont win and you will miss nothing so dedicate the time to getting your team pick in instead it will be more worthwhile. :D

WHEN we win and lucas scores the winner tonight i want you to remember your lack of faith!

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »

In rafa we trust etc etc...Il try get to the xbox before training so!

Parawind wrote: »
    WHEN we win and lucas scores the winner tonight i want you to remember your lack of faith!

Shhh im hoping and expecting us to win I just want him to get his team pick in and stop holding us up :D

joe123 wrote: »
    In rafa we trust

There would be riots by United fans if he left. In Rafa we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sacking a manager mid-season is ridiculous, so obviously he should stay. But if it was up to me he would be gone in the summer. The man is a clown and as I've said for six years, liverpool will never win a premier league title with him at the helm.

As for tonight, I'm going for a 2-2 draw.

The league is the topic lads...soccer forum for soccer talk before this gets into a big debate.

Future Guy you didnt waste much time changing your pic and signature...ever loyal to your new league team!

Kirby wrote: »
    The man is a clown

You should catch his comedy shows. Usually on Saturdays at 3pm.

Sacking a manager mid-season is ridiculous, so obviously he should stay. But if it was up to me he would be gone in the summer. The man is a clown and as I've said for six years, liverpool will never win a premier league title with him at the helm.

As for tonight, I'm going for a 2-2 draw.

I think hes the right man for the job. Hes working under terrible circumstances with those two yanks in charge...anyways on topic PM sent axwell.

Ye I sent you my pick as well Axwell.

Ok folks thats the team picks complete. The leagues are setup on xbox and details can be found on the fixtures thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...5#post62841765

New players from qualifying please take time to read the rules regarding fixtures and the rules regarding general conduct in the league at the top of the team picks thread.

No one picked spurs! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I dont think Spurs are any good in it this year at all, the defence and midfield are cack. Delighted I got Roma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

forget spurs, lyon weren't picked in the championship but bordeux were wtf???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Oi!! Bordeaux are pure class.. you just watch.. I'll finish second from bottom.. if it kills me.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Played 3 practice games last night with Atletico.

Two against Mister Robinson (Bayern Munich) and one against Smcelhinney (Bordeaux).

Think I have to get a new goalkeeper. Conceded about 8 goals against Bayern Munich, 3 were the goalkeepers fault and I'd say the other 5 were him being lobbed. In fairness maybe 2 of the 5 lobs were my fault but he got lobbed at one stage and he knocked it into the net :rolleyes:

I played a 5 man defence as my defending in FIFA 10 is horrendous. I just can't defend. Even when I get my defenders to stand off people can still pick passes through me :mad:

Played 4-4-2 against Bordeaux and played a bit better. Forlan doesnt seem to be that great....kinda slow. Aguero is quick and a bit better I think.

Thats my moan anyways :)
    Must get lots of practice in (in between the times I suppose to be studying!!) :rolleyes:

Parawind wrote: »
    forget spurs, lyon weren't picked in the championship but bordeux were wtf???

Bordeaux are the French Champions, you would expect them to be better than Lyon based on last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Reganovski wrote: »
    Think I have to get a new goalkeeper. Conceded about 8 goals against Bayern Munich, 3 were the goalkeepers fault and I'd say the other 5 were him being lobbed. In fairness maybe 2 of the 5 lobs were my fault but he got lobbed at one stage and he knocked it into the net :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you mate. Most people overlook this.... I know I did last year. I had Bayern Munich last season, and while a great team, their Keeper was completely terrible. He cost me the league in the end with the ridiculous mistakes. Rensing was his name, and he was the bane of my existence :p. Bayern have promoted Butt this year with rensing on the bench. Butt seems decent enough so I'm sure the two Bayerns won't have the same problem as I did.

It was one of the main things I looked at when selecting my team this time round. Shay Given won't be doing any of that lark. :D

Bayern have promoted Butt this year with rensing on the bench. Butt seems decent enough so I'm sure the two Bayerns won't have the same problem as I did.

Yes, we all know you love the man Butt.

Totally agree with you mate. Most people overlook this.... I know I did last year. I had Bayern Munich last season, and while a great team, their Keeper was completely terrible. He cost me the league in the end with the ridiculous mistakes. Rensing was his name, and he was the bane of my existence :p. Bayern have promoted Butt this year with rensing on the bench. Butt seems decent enough so I'm sure the two Bayerns won't have the same problem as I did.

It was one of the main things I looked at when selecting my team this time round. Shay Given won't be doing any of that lark. :D

*cough*Excuse*cough*....

Anyways you have a great team this year Kirby so I dont want to hear no complaining!

Played a few games with Valencia last night. Their attacking trio of Silva,Mata and Villa are very good and Villa is better than Torres in the game imo. Not sure how their defence will cope against the likes of Chelsea and Barca though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

joe123 wrote: »
    Not sure how their defence will cope against the likes of Chelsea and Barca though.

Don't forget Utd ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Joe , Let's see who gets the best out of valencia.

gutted no roma for me this year. But they have gotten worse in my opinion.

Zigic for championship top scorer:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement