Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

joe123 wrote: »
    *cough*Excuse*cough*....

Anyways you have a great team this year Kirby so I dont want to hear no complaining!.

I had a great team last year too. The difference is now i have a good goalie! In the words of Boris, "I am invincible!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I was close to going with Spurs but Gomez seemed to let everything in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Some work needed on valencia. 4-0 to joe there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Joe , Let's see who gets the best out of valencia.

gutted no roma for me this year. But they have gotten worse in my opinion.

Zigic for championship top scorer:D

I think Roma are great in it this year, Vucinic is a lethal finisher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Looking forward to getting to work with this man......

messii.jpg

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Are we starting today? Any sign of tables/fixtures? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Are we starting today? Any sign of tables/fixtures?
    http://boardsleague.leaguerepublic.com/

All the fixtures are there, Looks like a hard season :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Is the end of the gameweek a Friday or Sunday?

Are first round games next week so?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

http://boardsleague.leaguerepublic.com/

All the fixtures are there, Looks like a hard season :P

Looks like we are up in week one. My old team coming to get me! Et tu Van Bommel? :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Is the end of the gameweek a Friday or Sunday?

Are first round games next week so?

Gameweek 1 starts tonight, you have 3 fixtures to play each week by the following Friday when the next set of fixtures are posted.

This season will be starting at 6 today, I'll post up the fixture list this afternoon, but you can view them at www.boardsleague.leaguerepublic.com also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Oh just super!!! :rolleyes: Real Madrid, Man Utd and Sevilla in my first week!!! :mad:

I won't be on tonight but should be on the morning if any of ye are around!

Inter first up....:(

Should be on later tonight if any of ye are around. Anyone going setting up a practice league like we had last year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Should be on later tonight if any of ye are around. Anyone going setting up a practice league like we had last year?

Yeah ill set one up later when I get a chance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

guys I won't be on until the end of next week as I'm out of the country. I'll pm my 3 opponents when I return. Liverpool and the 2 Manchester clubs first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

I might be on tonight after 10, if not i'll be on during most of 2mo. Also have to play Juventus and Liverpool this week so PM me if u's are around over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

can we end the league now so that i can win on alphabetical order ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Right lads ive set up a practice league - 32 spots is the max so its first come first served. Also this year in fifa you can only set 4 games max against each other.

Abb: bpls5
    pass: bpls5

Also in relation to the league can you make sure if you are inviting someone to play a league game that you send them a message first asking them if they want a league match rather than just an invite. With friendlies and practice leagues etc going on you need to specify its a league match invite you are sending.

Was at muse last night, i'll join my league now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Liverpool in the Championship are out until I get me XBrick back,

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Sorry to be a pain in the ass but im having trouble with my connection. Seems my NAT settings are set to strict. I've tried this...http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070102144528AASm5jN bit it wont work for me. Anyone an ideas? I'm on eircom with a netopia router and I'm sharing the connection with a vista laptop. Its never been a problem with any game apart from fifa and only seems to happen in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Corcs001 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain in the ass but im having trouble with my connection. Seems my NAT settings are set to strict. I've tried this...http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070102144528AASm5jN bit it wont work for me. Anyone an ideas? I'm on eircom with a netopia router and I'm sharing the connection with a vista laptop. Its never been a problem with any game apart from fifa and only seems to happen in the league.

Go to 192.168.1.254 and log in there and change the settings to low!

Think this is right, I don't have eircom connection so I'm not too sure!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Go to 192.168.1.254 and log in there and change the settings to low!

Think this is right, I don't have eircom connection so I'm not too sure!

The firewall settings? It's set to low already so thats not it anyways.

Corcs001 wrote: »
    The firewall settings? It's set to low already so thats not it anyways.

Go through this and you should get it sorted.

Sames happening me, seems to be only with the online leagues function too

Axwell wrote: »
    Go through this and you should get it sorted.

Nope that wont work either. I get as far as enabling XBOX Live Games and when I try to select the host the IP address does not show up.

LEAGUE NAME : Premiership
    GAMEWEEK : 1
    RESULT : Inter Milan (TuneTuneTuner) 1 - 1 Valencia (joe123)

Another draw pretty much identical to my first game. Fair result both missed chances. Tried a new formation which was risky and its only a few games after this that im using it properly online.

Saying that though im glad to get Inter out of the way as I just think they are ridiculously good in this game. Im hoping itl be a close league as ive already had a bad start!

Im just gunna blame Valencia for everything.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Played a friendly match against another lad thats in the same league as me for a laugh...was losing 2-0 and didnt want to use a bad connection as an excuse for losing...managed to make it 2-2 at full time but it was the WORST game ive prob ever played with lag...the game was freezing for 2 secs every 8 secs...couldnt shoot...pass...defend...anything...really really dont want to play that guy again in a league game if its going to be like that...utter rubbish...maybe its a temp thing but whats the rule of thumb for this situation??

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Had you or the other player another item such as a laptop using the same internet connection you play xbox live with as this will contribute to lag

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Yeah i know what you mean mate...obviously I didnt have anything else on while the game was on...dont know about the other lad...id presume he wouldnt be streaming/downloading cause that would be silly...serious lag though :( rather not play than play with that kind of freezing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I was "the other player", and I didn't have any other devices connected. Except my PC which was idle. I even turned off email encase it did an auto send/receive and slowed things down.
    I played 4 online games last night and the one against you had the worst lag. I had 2 disconnections on ranked matches, but is it was the other lads who disconnected.
    I don't know if it was a problem with my nat settings or with the network. I'm on BT and it's normally solid. I tried to check my nat settings but I can't figure out how to do it on my Netgear 834PN router. There are no tabs for Nat on the router home page.
    Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement