Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

For people with NAT issues. First run a connection test on your xbox 360 - it will come up on the screen saying NAT is moderate or strict if there is an issue. If nothing comes up then your NAT settings are fine. If they are strict or moderate I posted a link a few posts up with a guide on how to chnage your NAT settings.

The main steps are opening ports for xbox360.
    For help on that check here picking your router from the list..then on the next page click on xboxlive 360 for instructions on opening the ports for your specifc modem.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

maybe its a temp thing but whats the rule of thumb for this situation??

There is no rule of thumb, lag is lag. While obviously its hoped that if people are playing their match that they havent got their pc streaming or someone else in the house using the connection. However we cant enforce it or check who is to blame for the lag so if you play someone and they have lag the result of the game stands.

Also on another note if any of you are inviting someone to a league match please sent a message first asking them if they want a league match or practice or friendly or whatever. It avoids confusion and people saying they didnt know it was a league game they were playing etc. All results will stand so its up to people to make sure they know what the match is themselves before playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Axwell wrote: »
    For people with NAT issues. First run a connection test on your xbox 360 - it will come up on the screen saying NAT is moderate or strict if there is an issue. If nothing comes up then your NAT settings are fine. If they are strict or moderate I posted a link a few posts up with a guide on how to chnage your NAT settings.

The main steps are opening ports for xbox360.
    For help on that check here picking your router from the list..then on the next page click on xboxlive 360 for instructions on opening the ports for your specifc modem.

I ran the connection test on the xbox 360 and nothing came up about NAT so I guess that is ok. I'll have a look at the port forwarding site later.
    Ta,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

i say its to late to join the league lads is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

i say its to late to join the league lads is it?

Yeah, but look out for the qualifying league coming soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

I've tried everything to get NAT to open but I can't get it working. Unless someone else has a solution there's really no point me being in this league if I can't play people.

Corcs001 wrote: »
    I've tried everything to get NAT to open but I can't get it working. Unless someone else has a solution there's really no point me being in this league if I can't play people.

Well which is your NAT coming up as, strict or moderate?
    If you are with Eircom did you set your firewall to low and open all the ports needed. Also there is a setting for UpNp, turn that off and see if it changes the NAT.

Well which is your NAT coming up as, strict or moderate?
    If you are with Eircom did you set your firewall to low and open all the ports needed. Also there is a setting for UpNp, turn that off and see if it changes the NAT.

NAT is strict and I have my firewall set to low and I tried opening all the ports. I tried turning off UpNp and that didn't work either unfortunately. It's wrecking my head at this stage.

Have you set the PPPoe settings aswell for eircom on your connection?
    It might be different if you are sharing the connection with your laptop. have you a firewall on the lapop thats maybe changing the NAT?

Have you set the PPPoe settings aswell for eircom on your connection?
    It might be different if you are sharing the connection with your laptop. have you a firewall on the lapop thats maybe changing the NAT?

How do I set the PPPoe settings? I am sharing the connection through a laptop and turned off the firewall on the laptop but it didn't change anything.

• Advertisement

On your 360, go to system, then, network settings, then edit settings, then additional settings, then "PPPoE Settings"

Put in "eircom1" for the username and "broadband" for the password then select done. Then run a connection test to make sure it goes through.

I presume you have read through this..especially the last bit and checked that you have done that correctly.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

http://www.opendns.com/ will help you with DNS problems as well, It has opened my ports...I think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

is there a page for general chat/banter?

Garball wrote: »
    is there a page for general chat/banter?

2 threads down from this one :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055727555

I presume you have read through this..especially the last bit and checked that you have done that correctly.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

I've tried that but when I bridge the connections I can't connect to the internet.

You cant connect to the internet at all ..ie you cant get on to live...or you cant get on to the internet on the laptop but you can get on to live on the xbox?

I dont use internet sharing myself so dont know much about the setup of it to be honest. As regards the eircom stuff if you follow the guides and tutorials its easy enough to get sorted so theres something not right somewhere in what you have done or its down to the fact you are sharing the connection with the laptop. I notice in one of your other posts you said you got as far as a certain point and then couldnt get that bit working, what was it stopping at exactly because im sure if you go through it from start to finish you will get it working.

Why do you use internet sharing as a matter of interest? I presume its because your xbox is too far from the modem/router but have you looked at getting a wireless dongle for the xbox or using power plugs??

You cant connect to the internet at all ..ie you cant get on to live...or you cant get on to the internet on the laptop but you can get on to live on the xbox?

I cant connect to the internet at all including live when I bridge the connections.
    I dont use internet sharing myself so dont know much about the setup of it to be honest. As regards the eircom stuff if you follow the guides and tutorials its easy enough to get sorted so theres something not right somewhere in what you have done or its down to the fact you are sharing the connection with the laptop. I notice in one of your other posts you said you got as far as a certain point and then couldnt get that bit working, what was it stopping at exactly because im sure if you go through it from start to finish you will get it working.

It was stopping when I tried to enable xbox live 360 and I go to select the host device the IP address of the Xbox, which I had already set, does not appear. Afaik that method would not work for me anyway because I'm sharing the connection. I've gone through each method you posted up step by step but it just won't work so I really don't know what to do.
    Why do you use internet sharing as a matter of interest? I presume its because your xbox is too far from the modem/router but have you looked at getting a wireless dongle for the xbox or using power plugs??

Yeah my Xbox is too far away from the router. I really don't want to have to pay for the wireless adapter tbh.

Yeah I havent used Internet sharing so not well enough up on it but I would think it should cause a problem, your xbox would still have an ip etc so everything in the guides should still work for it.
    Power plugs are another alternative to the wireless adapter either but either way I guess you would be paying out money.
    Sorry cant offer any more advice apart from whats in the guides i linked to and anything else ive suggested.

Garball wrote: »
    (Garball)Chelsea 2 v 1 juve

great to get my first win but it was a shockin game.connection was really bad.u might want to get that sorted pal.

Connection was alright my end mate.
    Gutted I didn't get a least a draw from this match :(

LEAGUE NAME : Championship
    GAMEWEEK : 1
    RESULT : Bordeaux (v1rg1l) 2 - 1 Juventus (livelyjojo)

Good player mate, unfortunately serious lag. Played this game twice to see if it was my connection, 2 - 1 was the result of the first match.

and wouldn't you know it I won the second match 3-0. But the lag was just as bad in the second game so first result stands.
    Good games mate. Pity about the connection :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

My modem decided to play some games with me and went from open to strict over the last few days.

Im going to buy a replacement one and see if I can get one with open ports to work.

I wont be able to play Axwell and anyone else on this strict settings but I'll post up when I find a suitable modem to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

What's the story with games that cannot be played for whatever reason.

I've been trying to contact one of my games this week but he's not answering. And my other game is against someone who is having modem problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Yeah I havent used Internet sharing so not well enough up on it but I would think it should cause a problem, your xbox would still have an ip etc so everything in the guides should still work for it.

Sharing from a pc or mac? I've shared from both to the xbox, before. Its a bit trickier on the mac, I've tried turning off nearly all security features of OS X, just to see what was causing my "moderate" nat settings, I still have no idea. With XP it was handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

ok i vented my anger, just lost 5-1. I have never played so bad before, i completely self distructed. At least i learned a few things about my team.

So thats 2 games with bad weather so far, first rain and now snow, i want a dry game, can't get short passing going with the snow at all. Couldn't pick out any long passes either since our teams were the same bloody colour on the radar grrrr!

I went 2 goals down cause i tackled his player and the ball rolled straight back to his other player, then i gifted a third cause i was rushing things and the last goal omfg my keeper fists into the net from such a tight angle made me sick.

DeleMu fully deserved the win but christ i made it far too easy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Man City, Man Utd, Real Madrid to play!

Anyone wanna post here when we can play!? I'll be on most of 2mo, most of the day on Thurs and late Friday afternoon!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have my 3 championship matches to play and might be able to get some done tonight if Man City, Man utd and liverpool are on?

moz wrote: »
    and wouldn't you know it I won the second match 3-0. But the lag was just as bad in the second game so first result stands.
    Good games mate. Pity about the connection :(

Lads dont be taking it upon yourselves to have replays because of lag. Lag has always been part of the league and games were never replayed because of it so the first result would have stood either way.

Lads just an issue that I have come across in the fixtures thread. Dont take it upon yourselves to have replays because of lag. Lag has always been part of the league and games were never replayed because of it. If you are playing someone and they have lag unfortunately the game still counts and has to be finished. At this stage a few people have said some people have lag so possibly those people can look into why they have lag, someone else using their connection or having a pc running at the same time or whatever but if you play a game and its laggy the result of it will still stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have my 3 championship matches to play and might be able to get some done tonight if Man City, Man utd and liverpool are on?

My XBox arrived in Frankfurt Monday so hopefully not long before Liverpool are back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Man City, Man Utd, Real Madrid to play!

Anyone wanna post here when we can play!? I'll be on most of 2mo, most of the day on Thurs and late Friday afternoon!

I'm city. If you leave me a boards message when you want to play, I'm sure I'll see it and hop on in less than an hour of the message. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement