Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Man City, Man Utd, Real Madrid to play!

Anyone wanna post here when we can play!? I'll be on most of 2mo, most of the day on Thurs and late Friday afternoon!

I'll be on tonight to play you if you're around (man utd)

Also looking for Athletico Madrid and Bayern Munich if you are around!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads dont be taking it upon yourselves to have replays because of lag. Lag has always been part of the league and games were never replayed because of it so the first result would have stood either way.

So it must be on moz' side because I had the same prob.I'm just sayin cause he said it wasn't his connection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm city. If you leave me a boards message when you want to play, I'm sure I'll see it and hop on in less than an hour of the message. :)

wanna play now? :) im free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Bad start for me lawl, draw and a defeat, this premiership malarky is alot harder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    wanna play now? :) im free.

sure. Havent played in a few days so i wouldnt be confident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have my 3 championship matches to play and might be able to get some done tonight if Man City, Man utd and liverpool are on?

Im online tonight and ive sent you a friend request...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Alright lads, I'm moving very soon (again) so I won't be able to play much while I'm getting my new broadband sorted out. Its a bit of a pain in the arse, but sure. I told Axwell about it before the team picks took place, so whoever is down to play me (Ronaldo FC, excuse me, Real Madrid in the Premiership. :D ) for the first few weeks, I'll catch up with you when my broadband arrives...

Edit: I'm sure Sherlock Holmes (2 posts down), will use his detective skills to track down this message eventually. I believe in you Sherlock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

LEAGUE NAME : Premiership
    GAMEWEEK : 1
    RESULT : Chelsea (Corcaigh07) 3 - 2 Manchester City(Kirby)

Feel robbed here. First goal against me was a chipped shot that hits the keeper and trickles in, second goal conceded was the inevitable fifa rebound goal.....bloody magnets itself to the nearest opposition player.

I had a good chance with a few minutes to go where I should have just slid in the free man for an open goal, and didn't. Was stupid and paid for that mistake. GG anyway.

i feel thats a tad unfair, your goals werent exactly classic either. your free kick was just shot through the middle as hard as possible at cech which was rubbish and your other goal was a lucky break of the ball and toe poke in the box. i had a chance too at the end too that i should have put away. i had more chances overall and broke even in possession so at least i deserved a draw.

good game though, a good league match gets the blood pumping!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Championship
    Gameweek 1
    FutureGuy (BAYERN MUNICH) 0-7 (MANCHESTER CITY) Yapa

Hit the post and came close with another shot in the opening 5 minutes and was doing quite well but Yapa scored on his first attack. Fell 2-0 behind after a great Tevez goal. Yapa showed incredible passing and finishing, to which I had no answer. After 3-0, I went ultra-offensive but to no effect (apart from conceding another 4).

I had won 7 out of my 9 games against Barca/Inter/Chelsea with Bayern but it shows the quality of the players in this league.

GG mate, great player.

Even though the score didnt show it, i thought you defended very well...bit of a gap between midfielders and fowards...(ribery would fit nicely as a CAM ;))

Cheers for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Hi guys,

Just to let those in the Championship know that I am gone away with work this weekend and will be unable to play my games.
    I am Inter Milan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Real Madrid still hasn't joined the Premiership.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Real Madrid still hasn't joined the Premiership.

Look back 2 posts..hes already explained

Axwell wrote: »
    Look back 2 posts..hes already explained

Ah I see, so just Man City to play then, hopefuly get that in tomorrow evening time!

Week one almost over and still a load of fixtures to play!

10 in the Premiership and 13 in the Championship!

Can you all please make an effort to play your games on time, PM's and xbox live messages!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Mr Moon wrote: »

Can you all please make an effort to play your games on time, PM's and xbox live messages!!

Just out of interest, what happens if a game doesn't get played? Can it be deferred until the follwing week if necessary?

I ask becasue I'm going to the Ireland match next week so wont be able to play from Tuesday to Thursday. Hoping to get the games in before that but if people aren't around, what can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mr Moon wrote: »

3 of the Prem are mine... so its not that bad.

Just out of interest, what happens if a game doesn't get played? Can it be deferred until the follwing week if necessary?

I ask becasue I'm going to the Ireland match next week so wont be able to play from Tuesday to Thursday. Hoping to get the games in before that but if people aren't around, what can be done.

Last season people were deducted points at the end of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    3 of the Prem are mine... so its not that bad.

and three of the championship are mine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Whos the crazyanto? I just noticed he joined the league as man united so im taking it he needs to be kicked?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I will be on tonight for my games.

Got a new modem in work so hopefully it will have no NAT restrictions :D

• Advertisement

Town Man wrote: »
    Championship
    Gameweek 2
    Town Man (Inter) 2-3 (MANCHESTER CITY) Yapa

went 2-0 down but came back to 2-2 early in 2nd half. felt i deserved a draw as hit the post twice in 2nd half and an effort cleared off the line. he nicked it with a minute to go. great game, enjoyed playing it

was cruising at 2-0 but the super powered inter were a little too quick for man citys lescott lol, ball cleared off the line was close enough for me...i hit the post twice as well but was kinda thinking it would be a draw...v.good game, your defo top two by the end of the season dude!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Sorry lads, Got my nat fixed there. Couldn't find the decive my xbox was under. had to run it to the static i.p

Still not at open but at moderate so here's hoping thats enough for me to play. Failing that the old router will be set back up.

Valencia from championship

Championship

Gameweek 2
    Yapamillias (MANCHESTER CITY) 7-1 (CHELSEA) Garball1

First game was 2-1 to me just after half time, then we both lost connection with ea servers...game was pretty close, was 2-0 up and then he got a decent goal...

So we had to play a rematch and it wasnt as close in the second game. I was playing well and did well to crack the Chelsea defense...I came to terms with Drogba in the second game...cheers for the game dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. GG. Defending by the pair of us was shocking. Every attack seemed to turn into a goal :D

Doing the robot on three of your goals was bad form though. You a closet peter crouch fan or something? :p

Indeed. GG. Defending by the pair of us was shocking. Every attack seemed to turn into a goal :D

Doing the robot on three of your goals was bad form though. You a closet peter crouch fan or something? :p

Yeah must say the defending was pretty poor alight!

As regards the robot, the first one was meant, the other 2 weren't, just me mashing buttons after scoring!

Yeah must say the defending was pretty poor alight!

As regards the robot, the first one was meant, the other 2 weren't, just me mashing buttons after scoring!

Just press LB + RB together to skip your celebration.

Lads, there's to be no doing the robot!!! Unless it's when you score against Axwell! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Good game overall.. dont know what happened for my second goal.. and fair play for kicking the ball out when you could've scored

Oh and Ill be no ones bogey team this year, not with fiorentina. They're so slow

My match Vs Aston Villa hasn't been registered on the league table page. I played it last week.

Sevilla 3 - 0 Aston villa

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

LEAGUE NAME : Premierleague
    GAMEWEEK : 1
    RESULT : Liverpool (Axwell) 0 - 7 Bayern Munich (Mister Robinson)

First time I've played so well in Fifa 10, Cant believe I kept a clean sheet too, Keeper kept out Torres on the 87th to keep it clean!

Good game man!

Ha prob the first time I played so bad in Fifa, nothing went right, bad passing, no luck, Id say I had one shot in the first half. Got caught on the break too often and any shot on target Reina seemed to let in. Disaster of a start to the league, may put some time into Fifa again and stop playing MW2!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement