Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Moiph wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 2
    RESULT: Valencia (KirkTheDog) 0 - 2 AS Roma (BassmanMurph85)

Never got going in this one. Hadnt played the game in over a week and only played a quick ranked match before it. Great formation/tactics by bassman. Couldnt break through the defence at all and dont think I even had a shot on target.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

FutureGuy wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    RESULT: (Real Madrid) Nedved85 4-0 Futureguy (Juventus)

This fixture is null and void, not due to be played till this Friday.

Can everyone please check the fixtures to see who you are supposed to play in each gameweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Mr Moon wrote: »
    This fixture is null and void, not due to be played till this Friday.

Can everyone please check the fixtures to see who you are supposed to play in each gameweek!

Futureguy is not Juventus this season, I am.
    He is Bayern and according to the fixtures table Real vs Bayern was due to be played from last Friday 13 Nov.
    Result is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jonnyb

moz wrote: »
    GAMEWEEK: 3
    RESULT: Man United (JonnyB) 1 - 1 Juventus (moz)

Tense Game, Draw a fair result.

RESULT: Juventus (moz) 0 - 3 Valencia (STDimeout)

Very Tense, good game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i could be in trouble, my xbox isnt displaying on screen, not RROD but it is something serious i reckon, not a cable problem. so to anyone with fixtures against me, hold tough, ill play you ASAP.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »

RESULT: Valencia (Joe123) 2 - 4 Man City (Kirby)

After what happened last season, Gotta admit I enjoyed this one :)

Haha suppose I cant have any complaints. You were 3-2 up at half time and switched your tactics I think at half time to a more defensive one.You got a bloody great yet annoying header which I could do nothing about with Adebayor in your only attack of the second half id say but saying that I couldnt get past your defensive formation in the second half once I was near the box.

But the way you used Adebayor has made me bring in Zigic into the team. Was very effective against me.

I miss last season where I used to win :( Think thats me up to date anyways with my games. Something like 3 wins 4 draws and 2 losses. Im blaming the game :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Anyone heard anything from Selephonic (Beekay) or Futureguy (Garak001) yet? Am supposed to play them this week but they still havent replied to my friend request.

Also, Corcs001, you got the NAT problem sorted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

CashelMan and meself are having trouble connecting to one another, i got me nat sorted out anyway before hand and his is fine. Can both to connect to other people in the league no bother. Any way we could get this fixure played outside the league thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I was looking at the recent results on XBL and it says Aston Villa beat Barcelona 8-4 but it doesnt seem to have been posted here even though it was played a few days ago :confused:

Can either of the lads that play as these teams confirm this result??

I was involved as Barcelona. Can't actually remember the full time score, think it was something along the lines of 7-4 or 8-4.

Absolute mad game. Nearly every shot went in for him, I hit the post twice, missed 2 one on ones, went in 0-3 down at half time and put 5 up front for the second half!

CRAAAZZAAY! :D
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I was involved as Barcelona. Can't actually remember the full time score, think it was something along the lines of 7-4 or 8-4.

Absolute mad game. Nearly every shot went in for him, I hit the post twice, missed 2 one on ones, went in 0-3 down at half time and put 5 up front for the second half!

Can someone post it in the score thread then? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Can someone post it in the score thread then? :confused:

What a CRAAAZZAAY idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Parawind wrote: »

I was 3-0 up inside 7mins and then i tried to press on for more, but thanks to some good defending and woeful finishing thats how it stayed. Never had such a good start to a match, scored with my first 3 attacks.

Exactly like he said, tore me apart with the first 3 attacks, playing catch up after that. Good win.

Ye it says 8-4 on the recent results screen on XBL.

Just make sure one of ya's put in the result!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

is this season nearly over lads? im dyin to join up

is this season nearly over lads? im dyin to join up

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055739170

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys I have a shedload of games to catch up on and will be available this evening and all day Saturday. Add me as friend.

I'm dreadful at FIFA 10 :(

GAMEWEEK: 4
    RESULT: Barcelona (SRFC90) 1 - 2 Chelsea (Corcaigh09)

Bad form towards the end with the attitude he took. No problems with trying to retain possesion, but when you've a free kick in my half and you just boot in back into your own just to doss around at the back with it ....

Never seen anyon else do it in my 3 seasons playing this league. Bad out man.

dont see why that's an issue. ive had others do it to me. dont think you would be complaining if i messed it up plus i did attack again to try and get a third at the death.

Moiph wrote: »
    RESULT: Chelsea (corcaigh09) 1 - 6 AS Roma (BassmanMurph85)

Really happy with this result, although it flattered me a bit. Yet again my form is up and down this season!

flattered you a little but you were well on top. at half time when you were 5-1 up, i noticed you had 6 shots, 6 on target. they nearly all flew in! fair play, your play is very attack minded and im sure that game was very enjoyable for you. i looked and played like a beaten man very early on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This thread is for results only..take the chat to the other thread thanks.

Right lads just to clarify something on the whole passing around the back issue thats cropping up. This league is based around sportsmanship and fair play. While keeping possesion is fine and passing between your players to maintain control and possesion is part of football and obviously fine, passing the ball around your back line and the goalkeeper without making any effort to move up the field is considered to be unsporting and not appreciated. While we cant enforce any law or ruling on it, it is expected that all players play in a sporting manner in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Nedved85 wrote: »
    GAMEWEEK: Not Sure (Fri 13th Nov)
    RESULT: Real Madrid (Nedved85) 2 - 0 FCGB (V1rg1l)

Should have been more, abysmal performance by me.

Axwell wrote: »
    Right lads just to clarify something on the whole passing around the back issue thats cropping up. This league is based around sportsmanship and fair play. While keeping possesion is fine and passing between your players to maintain control and possesion is part of football and obviously fine, passing the ball around your back line and the goalkeeper without making any effort to move up the field is considered to be unsporting and not appreciated. While we cant enforce any law or ruling on it, it is expected that all players play in a sporting manner in the league.

This happened last year between myself and Kirby. He was 2-1 up I think and he started passing it back and over his backline and I couldnt get it off him. I think I even sent him a message during it calling it bad form or something. Thankfully one of his passes was misplaced I got the ball and scored from it and went on to win the game 3-2. Never was I as happy to get a result.

Now granted me and him were neck and neck last year in the league but it is soooo annoying when your playing someone and they do that. Now his excuse was that its done in real life and its protecting the lead but Fifa isnt real life and this is more of exploiting stupid AI imo. Even when you put your whole team pressing all out attack etc etc you still will only get two lads chasing the other teams players down.

That along with excessive celebrations piss me off so much.

Yes its annoying but there isnt much we can do, people are expected to be sporting when playing the match and we put some trust in people to play the game in a sporting manner in the same way we cant stop people making last man tackles. It happened to me last night playing Splender, it was 3-3 at half time and for most of the second half he just hung on to the ball passing it around his players without going forward much. I had the better of him to be fair but I couldnt get the ball off him much during the half and he kept possesion but thats football. He wasnt passing it back to his keeper and along his back line constantly though so thats fair in my opinion. Passing it back and forth between the defense and to the keeper isnt though and thats where the difference is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Passing the ball around at the back is a massive load of sh!te. A win like that is worth fcuk all. The keeper and defenders dont keep the ball for 10 mins at a time in real football.

Otherwise, we should award points to whoever scores the first goal and leave it at that. Play properly or don't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Theres no reason for passing the ball between keeper and defenders...even between the defensive line...try keeping the ball in the opponents half and pass it around...at least it gives the other team a chance to get the ball off you...if you are a good player you will have to work to maintain possession in their half...ANYBODY can keep the ball in their own half

It easy to score in the first couple of minutes and hold the ball without losing it in your own half..easy but as Y2J said 'its worth fcuk all'

I hope I never have to pass the ball to the keeper/defender...if i do its because theres no other pass on and even then i will start on the attack straight away...if it could be possible to review badsportsmanship people might stop but as the lads have already said...we cant stop people taking advantage of people abusing the AI...unwritten rules and all that but the league is meant to be enjoyable

I havent played anyone that has done that on boards (except for the boards club team lol- but we head to the oppositions corner flag)

Axwell wrote: »
    Yes its annoying but there isnt much we can do, people are expected to be sporting when playing the match and we put some trust in people to play the game in a sporting manner in the same way we cant stop people making last man tackles. It happened to me last night playing Splender, it was 3-3 at half time and for most of the second half he just hung on to the ball passing it around his players without going forward much. I had the better of him to be fair but I couldnt get the ball off him much during the half and he kept possesion but thats football. He wasnt passing it back to his keeper and along his back line constantly though so thats fair in my opinion. Passing it back and forth between the defense and to the keeper isnt though and thats where the difference is.

Thats more or less what happened between me and SCFC. it was injury time and i was seeing the game out, took a free from the left across field, went back with short passes and attacked again down the left but i didnt go back and forth at the back or keeper, i held onto it and almost slipped Lampard in for a third in SCFC's box. he cleared, game over. ive played a lot of lads here now and never had a complaint before. If thats unsporting, im finished with the leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

joe123 wrote: »
    This happened last year between myself and Kirby. He was 2-1 up I think and he started passing it back and over his backline and I couldnt get it off him. I think I even sent him a message during it calling it bad form or something. Thankfully one of his passes was misplaced I got the ball and scored from it and went on to win the game 3-2. Never was I as happy to get a result..

This isnt true and you know it. The tactic was working perfectly...my keeper never touched it btw. you paused and started sending angry messages. I stupidly stopped doing it. I ran up the pitch, shot with Toni, you saved it and counter attacked and scored making it 2-2.

I remember it vividly as I was annoyed at myself for letting another person influence my tactics. Don't re-write history.

You were playing with 5 at the back. If you arent playing with any forwards, and im in the lead, im going to keep the ball. If you had changed to 4 at the back when you went behind, I would have been more keen to go forward. You didn't change it.

Some of you guy are awful whiners. This is football. Deal with it. There is nothing unsporting about keeping the ball. In one of my games last week, Corcaigh kept me away from the ball for the last ten minutes of our game. He ran in the corner, played triangles, ran towards his own by-line then cut it back. It was clever, it was necessary, and its good football. I just accepted it and blamed myself for going behind.

This is a friendly league and people are supposed to play sportingly. I believe I play sportingly. I've had one red card in 40 league games. In week two in my game against turner, he accidentally passed it out to my striker with his kickout.......twice. Instead of tapping it into an empty net, I put it out of play both times.

This was a tight game, a single goal in it. That was sporting gesture. But the idea that playing possession football is unsporting is crazy. Its a style of play. You shouldn't be able to dictate that. If a person wants to hold onto the ball and wait for the opposition to get pulled out of posistion, thats their choice. Keeping the ball is not unsporting. It's the very essence of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Theres no reason for passing the ball between keeper and defenders...even between the defensive line...try keeping the ball in the opponents half and pass it around...at least it gives the other team a chance to get the ball off you...if you are a good player you will have to work to maintain possession in their half...ANYBODY can keep the ball in their own half

It easy to score in the first couple of minutes and hold the ball without losing it in your own half..easy but as Y2J said 'its worth fcuk all'

I hope I never have to pass the ball to the keeper/defender...if i do its because theres no other pass on and even then i will start on the attack straight away...if it could be possible to review badsportsmanship people might stop but as the lads have already said...we cant stop people taking advantage of people abusing the AI...unwritten rules and all that but the league is meant to be enjoyable

I havent played anyone that has done that on boards (except for the boards club team lol- but we head to the oppositions corner flag)

exactly, i knew when playing you and Duffle coat i was up against the two best in the league, but the best way to play fifa is just playing it for fun like that. Go attack and score more than the other

Kirby wrote: »
    This isnt true and you know it. The tactic was working perfectly...my keeper never touched it btw. you paused and started sending angry messages. I stupidly stopped doing it. I ran up the pitch, shot with Toni, you saved it and counter attacked and scored making it 2-2.

I remember it vividly as I was annoyed at myself for letting another person influence my tactics. Don't re-write history.

You were playing with 5 at the back. If you arent playing with any forwards, and im in the lead, im going to keep the ball. If you had changed to 4 at the back when you went behind, I would have been more keen to go forward. You didn't change it.

Some of you guy are awful whiners. This is football. Deal with it. There is nothing unsporting about keeping the ball. In one of my games last week, Corcaigh kept me away from the ball for the last ten minutes of our game. He ran in the corner, played triangles, ran towards his own by-line then cut it back. It was clever, it was necessary, and its good football. I just accepted it and blamed myself for going behind.

This is a friendly league and people are supposed to play sportingly. I believe I play sportingly. I've had one red card in 40 league games. In week two in my game against turner, he accidentally passed it out to my striker with his kickout.......twice. Instead of tapping it into an empty net, I put it out of play both times.

This was a tight game, a single goal in it. That was sporting gesture. But the idea that playing possession football is unsporting is crazy. Its a style of play. You shouldn't be able to dictate that. If a person wants to hold onto the ball and wait for the opposition to get pulled out of posistion, thats their choice. Keeping the ball is not unsporting. It's the very essence of football.

What are you on about? I remember exactly, once you went 2-1 up you got the ball and passsed it back and over your back line. From your right back to your CB to your left back and back again. Back and over and it drove me insane.

Its NOT real football. It exploits a flaw in shiity fifa ai where only two of your players will close down.

And you mention id five at the back so did you. But besides that how was I meant to pause the game when I didnt have possession and secondly I had 4 forwards already. Its purely exploiting the ai in fifa where your team wont pressure.

As someone said theres absolutely NO skill in playing keep ball in your own half. Ive absolutely no problem when your actually playing it around your midfield or run into your opponents corner and shield it. When I played Splender and Bassman in the league this year they kept possession but they played it around all over their midfield and I couldnt get a kick. I couldnt complain as it was just good play to keep it like that.

But when have you ever seen in real life your 4/5 defenders pass it back and over back and over back and over with only two players of the opposing team closing down?

Its a cheap tactic imo and ive never done it. In our second match I could of done it to you but I didnt.

And as for the "angry messages" They were just calling it bad form which in my eyes it was.

On the keeper passing the ball to your player fair play as I would of probably hammered it home.

Guess thats where we are different. I dont like passing the ball back and over my defence without progressing up the field where you ran the ball out of play after that keeper thing. Ive been punished by that all to often so i just boot it up the pitch anymore.

• Advertisement

Last word on this lads.

It's not illegal or against the rules to pass the ball between defenders and keeper but it is very bad etiquette and frowned upon the same as last man tackles!

It causes arguments like what were having now. If anyone has any problem with anyone's play please inform the league admins and try to keep the forum for a bit of banter and talking about the games you've played or are to play!

We don't want players in the league who do this, and at the end of the day it's just a game and we're all here to have a bit of fun!

P.S. Also, I've been informed that Moz (livelyjojo) (Juventus) (Championship) has pulled out of the league due to personal reasons, all his games played will stand and all future games will be given as a walkover.

:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement