Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

i havent been on very much the last couple of days.i will be on tonight around 9 .id like to get some of my games out of the way so im not holdin anyone up.send me an invite if u have to play me.cheers

garball1(chelsea)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jonnyb

selephonic wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: 1
    RESULT: Man Utd (ImSneeky) 1 - 0 Barcelona (BeeeeKay)

This was played a couple of weeks ago actually, but was waiting for ImSneeky to post it as the winner.

GAMEWEEK: 3
    RESULT: Athletico Madrid (Dufflecoatxbox) 3 - 0 Barcelona (BeeeeKay)

Very well played by Dufflecoat, every single ball was closed down instantly.

Sorry about that Beekay, close game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Mr Moon wrote: »
    P.S. Also, I've been informed that Moz (livelyjojo) (Juventus) (Championship) has pulled out of the league due to personal reasons, all his games played will stand and all future games will be given as a walkover.

Hope everythings ok Moz, always had good battles with ya.

I've a game from week2/week3 and am on most of the evenings this week. However, dont be surprised if I try to snipe you just as you shoot on goal, as COD has SERIOUSLY taken over my life. Had to resist the urge to go prone in a meeting today.. took all my willpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    League: Premiership
    Week:4
    Chelsea(corcaigh) 4-1 Atletico Madrid(Reganovski)

good game, game really turned in the opening half, Reg had a chance that looked easier to score than miss but miss he did! I went down the field and scored 2 lobs in a row which must have been a kick in the stones. half time should have been 3-2 ish, instead it was 3-0. Game took a major drop in intestity when i got a 4th early in the 2nd and only got going again with a deserved Atletico goal. another quick goal would have had me in trouble but i saw the storm out and took a flattering 4-1 win.

Good game alright....some miss by Forlan at nil nil. I'm sick sh*t of FIFA 10 now. Last game I played the goalkeeper let 3 goals go straight under him. Then for your first goal, the keeper advanced without me telling him to and sure enough he got lobbed!!! Bring back FIFA 09!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I should be on this evening for a few games so I send a few messages to the people I've to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Reganovski wrote: »
    Good game alright....some miss by Forlan at nil nil. I'm sick sh*t of FIFA 10 now. Last game I played the goalkeeper let 3 goals go straight under him. Then for your first goal, the keeper advanced without me telling him to and sure enough he got lobbed!!! Bring back FIFA 09!

Sounds exactly like the **** that happens in Fifa10. Was playing a fella ranked 80th in the world last night. Was beating him 4-1 but he was basically saying how he feels that certain teams gain momentum in games at times and if they game is tight theres little you can do.

He was right too, all my shots seemed to go in and passes would miraculously find my players feet even through balls slipping through two of his centre backs.

We played again and he bet me 1-0 but it seems that there are alot of people out there this year not happy with Fifa10.

And to top it all off at the end of my win i was looking forward to see how many rank point things I got and I only got 40! He was down as having only 500 points and he got 160 points off me for the loss aswel! I checked his player hub and sure enough he had something like 6900 points.

Made me dislike this fifa all the more! I dont know exactly whats wrong with the game but theres just something that seems a bit off compared to last years one. (which I loved)

joe123 wrote: »
    he was basically saying how he feels that certain teams gain momentum in games at times and if they game is tight theres little you can do.

I definately feel this in Fifa 10. About a month ago, I was in top form and worked my way up the levels. Usually play with Inter Milan. Then over the past month, no matter what I do I can't seem to win a match. Fair enough I'm playing against better players but moves and passes that normally worked don't seem to work anymore. Momemtum is a good word for it....at times I play FIFA and eveything seems to go for you. This lasts for a session. Play 5 games, win 4. Then turn it on the following day and I couldn't beat "Katie Barry"..(and she is brutal :)). Play 5 Lose 5.

I don't know but I just think there is something funny with FIFA 10. It was defo in FIFA 09 but not as bad I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Made me dislike this fifa all the more! I dont know exactly whats wrong with the game but theres just something that seems a bit off compared to last years one. (which I loved)

i feel the same way, sure there are better things about fifa10 but somehow Fifa 09 felt a bit better. think the shooting and heading went a step back in 10 and thats a lot to do with it.

now that you mention it Joe, i find what happens a lot is if you concede one goal, the chances of conceding another are high and same if you score, i read in a review the wii version has a thing where you gain adrendline or momentdum by scoring and sometimes, it feels like the team who just scored get a performance boost or something in this as well. or maybe a few of us have lost our minds because fifa 10 is well received worldwide.

ill still play 10 though for the leagues, club etc though.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

I have a few games to catch up on... Will b on thurs and friday night and will try and get through the backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Town Man wrote: »
    GAMEWEEK:
    RESULT: Inter Milan (Town Man) 0 - 1 Man Utd (ImSneeky)
    couldn't get inot this game, worst i've played for manys a game Couldn't even break down his defence for half a chance

GAMEWEEK: 3
    RESULT:Inter Milan (Town Man) 5 - 1 Roma(DeleMu)

tried arranging a game against Arsenal in the Championship was under the impression from the reply that he won't be playing anymore games in the league due to his Nat settings being too strict

I'm down in the boardsrepublic site as having won against Man Utd when i lost

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

ATTENTION KIRBY:

What's the deal with you, have you lost the ability to reply to a message?

When can you get our league match played?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I was in a club game at the time. Didn't have time to message during half time and by the time it was over, I had forgotten you'd sent it and was heading into another game. And then another. :p

LEAGUE NAME : Premiership
    GAMEWEEK : 4
    RESULT : Sevilla (G M E) 3 - 1 Man Utd (Moon)

What can I say, practically gifted you 2 of them and my goal was nothing to be proud of, walked it into the goal!!!

Backs against the wall for the whole 90 minutes! Beginning to detest playing as Utd this year!

Well played dude!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Garball wrote: »
    garball(chelsea) 2 vs 1 (man utd)imsneeky

good game pal,unlucky.

Good game mate, I should have done a lot better:mad:, went defensive after your 1st and had no attacking power, then you scored again and I switched to attack and had some good chances

bennyc wrote: »
    championship

Bennycon (Liverpool) 3 vs 2 (man utd)imsneeky

Good game mate.

Own Goal, can you believe it!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I will be on later today after the United match to play my games.
    I haven't been on due to College and work so today is probably the only day you'll catch me on till tuesday or so.

To play (Premiership):

Real Madrid
    Arsenal
    Ath Madrid (I think so?)
    Chelsea
    Inter Milan
    Juventus

Is Richie back yet?

I will be on later today after the United match to play my games.
    I haven't been on due to College and work so today is probably the only day you'll catch me on till tuesday or so.

To play (Premiership):

Real Madrid
    Arsenal
    Ath Madrid (I think so?)
    Chelsea
    Inter Milan
    Juventus

Is Richie back yet?

cool I might be on around 4-5ish, im chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Is Richie back yet?

Soon. :cool:

I've been sick recently, missed more than a week or work, still feel like sh!t. It knocked me back a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Just Juventus left to play this week, any ideas when we can get it played Splender1 if you see this!? Staying nicely on top of my games :)

League: Premiership
    Week: 3
    Result: Chelsea(corcaigh) 1-2 Valencia(Kirkthedog)

Very happy with this. I hate chelsea in the game as drogba and anelka are demons. Went one up after nicking the ball off one of the backs and scoring with Villa. Chelsea got a soft free. Was trying to bring my wall over so the keeper would cover but chelsea kept picking lampard as the taker about 3 times in a row and the wall reset and couldnt get it across the 3rd time in time. Was sick after that goal as I hate the easy frees in this. Scored a quick passing second which I thought was offside at first.

I Probably deserved the win but was a tough game.

yea you definitely deserved it mate, well done. I thought your 2nd was off as well actually and the first I conceded was unfortunate. i didnt like any of the goals in the game actually!

performance wise, you deserved it and i can have little complaint. Im getting stuck in a rut again results wise and fifa ruts are very hard to get out of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Parawind wrote: »
    GAMEWEEK: Week 4
    RESULT: Man City(Yapamillias) 3 - 2 AC Milan(Parawind)

Gutted to lose this, wasted some good chances and then got caught at the death. Story of my season, playing well but still coming away with nothing.

This was my first game all week and i was very ring rusty...you scored a cracker of a goal though complete with mini celebration lol...at that point i had to pull my finger out and luckily i not only avoided the loss but nipped in for the win..gg dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hey, Whats the link to view the tables online again?

Cant find it..

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Hey, Whats the link to view the tables online again?

Cant find it..

www.boardsleague.leaguerepublic.com

Did Man City not lose to Liverpool in the Championship? They are down as being unbeaten? Sorry Yapamillas but we ca't let you get too far ahead already :)

Town Man wrote: »
    Did Man City not lose to Liverpool in the Championship? They are down as being unbeaten? Sorry Yapamillas but we ca't let you get too far ahead already :)

I believe it was a draw!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63114019&postcount=69

Mr Moon wrote: »

my apologies I'm half day dreaming here waiting to finish work :D

Did Man City not lose to Liverpool in the Championship? They are down as being unbeaten? Sorry Yapamillas but we ca't let you get too far ahead already smile.gif

Nice try...so the french tactics begin already?? :eek:

French tactics = anything underhanded and sneeky lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cheese eating surrender monkeys! :D

Also, Im online at the minute if any of you guys want to play a league match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Anyone up for a game now?

• Advertisement

Ibrahimovic = Swedish made all terrain TANK!!!

Just like previous pro evos and fifas. Id be playing online and he just brushes aside other defenders....even the quick ones speed is rendered useless if they are 'jostling' for the ball'. Just a little moan...he is a beast in real life. Just frustrating :D

Also celebrations...Far enough its in the game for a reason but I will only celebrate if one of the following things happens.

1. The other person celebrates
    2. The other person holds the ball and times wastes.
    3. Continious fouling and last man tackling.

Pretty much it. Too many people spend too much time....shuuuuuu...arm raise...chest beat...windmill...and then the robot...plus all the replays...total celebration time 13 minutes.

Lastly because of the 5 minute quit rule I spend my time acting like a one armed autistic monkey in case they quit early...games are now 85 minutes long.

Frustration vented...may have something to do with exams coming up :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement