Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

SDTimeout wrote: »
    CashelMan and meself are having trouble connecting to one another, i got me nat sorted out anyway before hand and his is fine. Can both to connect to other people in the league no bother. Any way we could get this fixure played outside the league thing ?

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Lastly because of the 5 minute quit rule I spend my time acting like a one armed autistic monkey in case they quit early...games are now 85 minutes long.

What exactly is the 5 minute quit rule?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

SDTimeout wrote: »
    ?

Can you conncect in a friendly?

If so, set up a 7 minute game and post the results here as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

What exactly is the 5 minute quit rule?

If you quit before the 5th minute of the game, you don't lose or get a DNF.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

joe123 wrote: »
    Gameweek 6 premiership

(joe123) valencia 1 - Ac milan 5 (stan beardfacay)

This game sums up everything I despise about Fifa 10. Milan had 7 shots on target 5 went in. First was a lobed ball where I happily expected my defender to head the ball.....no he just stands there and lets it go over him.

Another was a shot that litterally went through my goalkeepers legs where all he had to do was pick teh ball up. Another I was tappin A button to skip the replay and he takes a kickout straight to pato for a tap in.

I hit the post twice, missed a few of those one on ones where you expect your player to slot it into the corner from 5 yards out and it trickles just wide of the post and I missed another lob with Villa where 9 times out of 10 they go in.

Spent the majority of the game in Ac's half. God this game pissed me off so much. Off to play MW2 I think!

It wasn't quite the domination you're claiming here in fairness. I had 12 shots you had 8, i scored some lucky goals alright but it happens. The one through your keepers legs was a decent goal i thought...... is it not realistic for a striker to slot the ball through the legs from 8 or 9 yards out? Happens every week in prem! Gg anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

gaz15 wrote: »
    It wasn't quite the domination you're claiming here in fairness. I had 12 shots you had 8, i scored some lucky goals alright but it happens. The one through your keepers legs was a decent goal i thought...... is it not realistic for a striker to slot the ball through the legs from 8 or 9 yards out? Happens every week in prem! Gg anyway.

Its true that goals can go through keepers legs but it was going at about 5 miles an hour. Tis over an done with anyways. Just hate games of Fifa where it pans out that your team let in the soft goals and seem like there is a divine force preventing any of my shots going in at the other end because to me thats exactly what it felt like.

Not sure why Y2J thanked the post by the way....unless he was there beside ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just hate games of Fifa where it pans out that your team let in the soft goals and seem like there is a divine force preventing any of my shots going in at the other end because to me thats exactly what it felt like

I know exactly how you feel man, I played a game earlier today, literally shot after shot nothing would go in, one on one's, open goals. I knew a few minutes in exactly how it would pan it, he literally had one shot all game and flew in. It feels terrible when you know its happening and theres nothing you can do.:mad:

PS. I'm a decent, ranked player;)

photo0001uh.jpg

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel man, I played a game earlier today, literally shot after shot nothing would go in, one on one's, open goals. I knew a few minutes in exactly how it would pan it, he literally had one shot all game and flew in. It feels terrible when you know its happening and theres nothing you can do.:mad:

Yeah those sorts of games are all to common in Fifa 10. This game with Stan now was nowhere near like that sort of thing. It was pretty even but I knew after the two goals that it was going to be one of those games. I was 4-0 down in an instant to some really soft goals all the while my shots hit the post or skipped off the post. Not saying I should of won the game but perhaps :P

I definitely feel though that theres like momentum or something this year and when it runs against you there is very little you can do. I remember in the league I think it was Raganovski (athletico) and this time it worked in my favour. Passes seemed to constantly work and the ball would bounce just right for my players to score.

In Fifa 09 I felt I worked for my goals and wins. In Fifa 10 theres a greater element of luck or something about the game.

Maybe im wrong but what can ya do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Not sure why Y2J thanked the post by the way....

Nearly every single thing you post is a rant about how crap the game is, or how much you've been screwed over.

Man up, get over it, put the toys back in the pram and take your loss like everyone else.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Nearly every single thing you post is a rant about how crap the game is, or how much you've been screwed over.

Man up, get over it, put the toys back in the pram and take your loss like everyone else.

My god you're mean. :(

But you were Lazio last year if I remember correctly. You complained every single game about how crap your defence was or how you got screwed over. So hopefully you have taken your own advice too!

Il try not let my fustrations show in future though! Its not me thats wrong its the game.Always. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

grrr, all along, my xbox and connection have been running grand on LIVE. seems as though im on a strict setting now even though i changed f all. firewall on low, custom services for LIVE and still, 1vs100 tells me im on a strict NAT and i cant play bayern or inter in the league, hell i even played Inter before as proof that my settings WERE grand!!!

if anyone has helpful links, ill take them. cant find them through search here as NAT is too f'ing short or common to search for!!!

for now, im going to try this out: http://www.celticsnipers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=269 hopefully, i can get it sorted even though it was grand before.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »

I'm sorry but this is the pot calling the kettle black!!

I don't like to get involved in arguments but I feel i have too!!

Every time you lost last season you'd blame it on everyone but yourself.

I just hope when you start playing league games again you take advice from yourself!!

The 2 times you lost to me last season you blamed everyone but yourself (Look back at old messages if you have too)

I think the results thread should be left to just results rather then ppl writhing a big review of their match i.e (it wasnt my fault it was the game)

When can you start playin again by the way??(and I thought u hate Real Madrid)

aaahhhhh, my god, i know im not the best here at fifa but still, i cant get a result if my life depended on it, lost 5 on the bounce now. i did fairly well against Mister Robinson but got done by a simple kick out through the middle which im finding more and more players doing. i even beat him in two friendly rematchs for feck sake!!!!!!!!!!(great games Btw!) losing a 4-1 lead against Milan, conceding a major OG lag goal against Inter, late late goal from Bayern, a seemingly offside goal against valencia(which even Kirk the dog thought was offside, wish i had a replay of it), conceding rubbish goals against Juve--most of it feels outside of my control!!! bring back 09, bring it back.............

Phew im ok, just needed to vent. no1 nitpick at what ive said, im angry at myself and the game, no-one else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Lads, internet is a bit dodgy these days, weve gone over our download limit apparently so its pretty slow for december...im going back home for christmas thos so should be able to play my back games from mid next week on!

well done axwell, first point of the season, onwards and upwards! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I know, about time i got something but the only direction ill be going is downwards!! :D

My own fault for picking Liverpool whos fifa 10 form mirrors real life performances. Still 1 point on the board,woohoooo :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Axwell wrote: »
    I know, about time i got something but the only direction ill be going is downwards!! :D

My own fault for picking Liverpool whos fifa 10 form mirrors real life performances. Still 1 point on the board,woohoooo :P

Bout time!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 6
    RESULT: Juventus(splender1) 1-5 Bayern Munich (Mister robinson)

My connection dropped first time we played so we rematched as it was 0-0.

Cheers man , just to let everyone know Im out of this league .
    Thanks for all the games lads but to be quiet honest im truly and uttering pissed off with this Fifa 10 , bring back FIFA 09 !!!!!:mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 6
    RESULT: Juventus(splender1) 1-5 Bayern Munich (Mister robinson)

My connection dropped first time we played so we rematched as it was 0-0.

You dont replay a match when it drops and its 0-0 so you will have to go down as a 3-0 loss for that game. You only replay when you are winning and your connection drops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Splender1 wrote: »
    Cheers man , just to let everyone know Im out of this league .
    Thanks for all the games lads but to be quiet honest im truly and uttering pissed off with this Fifa 10 , bring back FIFA 09 !!!!!:mad:

I have receive multiple e-mails about you quitting, fouling from behind and now you quit the league. Don't hit your ass on the way out. You certainly will not be missed.

• Advertisement

Lads you know the rules, chat goes in the other thread.

Right lads just some points to update on.

Please look at the rules regarding replays and when they are to be played if you arent aware of them or if a replay might be in order, any questions ask either myself or moon if you arent sure.

If you have complaints regarding other players again you contact myself and Mr Moon.

Splender you have said you are quitting the league. Based on some of the feedback on your games it seems you have a habit of tackling from behind taking the last man out of it and quitting games when you are being beaten. To ALL players in the league, this kind of behaviour isnt acceptable and it has been stated many times. There are rules for a reason and it keeps the league fun and fair, if you cant stick by them then dont be wasting peoples time. You are all aware of the rules and myself and Mr Moon will have no problem removing people from the league who play like this.

Axwell wrote: »
    Splender you have said you are quitting the league. Based on some of the feedback on your games it seems you have a habit of tackling from behind taking the last man out of it and quitting games when you are being beaten. To ALL players in the league, this kind of behaviour isnt acceptable and it has been stated many times. There are rules for a reason and it keeps the league fun and fair, if you cant stick by them then dont be wasting peoples time. You are all aware of the rules and myself and Mr Moon will have no problem removing people from the league who play like this.

''A habit of tackling from behind'' , this is false ! In my defence i do tackle alot BUT i respect the rules and i have only tackled from behind once and that was last night when I decided leave this league . I have only ever quit once which was again last nite's game. My DNF % is also false due to my ranked games disconnecting from a very poor internet connection which only in the last 2 months has gotten better. I used to keep getting disconnected in ranked matches with a message like '' you have been removed from the game session due to not controlling your player '' !!
    I dont want people to get the impression that im a reckless player , cause i'm not , truly. I just think that FIFA 10 isn't a patch on FIFA 09 !
    By the way Axwell, if you were getting so many complaints about me , why didn't you tell me sooner ?

Ok , this is bull****!!!
    Who said that i quit in their games ??????

''A habit of tackling from behind'' , this is false ! In my defence i do tackle alot BUT i respect the rules and i have only tackled from behind once and that was last night when I decided leave this league . I have only ever quit once which was again last nite's game. My DNF % is also false due to my ranked games disconnecting from a very poor internet connection which only in the last 2 months has gotten better. I used to keep getting disconnected in ranked matches with a message like '' you have been removed from the game session due to not controlling your player '' !!
    I dont want people to get the impression that im a reckless player , cause i'm not , truly. I just think that FIFA 10 isn't a patch on FIFA 09 !
    By the way Axwell, if you were getting so many complaints about me , why didn't you tell me sooner ?

wrong, in our last game, you tackled me from behind and was lucky to receive just a yellow. i didnt say anything before because I actually think you're a clean enough player, played you a few times without any problems but to say that last night was your first time is false.

i agree though, fifa 10 aint as good as fifa 09, maybe the next season could be back on fifa 09......

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    wrong, in our last game, you tackled me from behind

Corcaigh man you say from behind but in my view it was the side .

whatever you say. that tackle aside, i hope you stick around, you're a good player.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    whatever you say. that tackle aside, i hope you stick around, you're a good player.

Cheers man , i appreciate that.
    Just would like to know who are the people that said i quit during their games, this is crazy !

In my defence i do tackle alot BUT i respect the rules and i have only tackled from behind once and that was last night when I decided leave this league

So you decided to leave the league last night, but also decided that before you do, you'd do everything that is frowned upon buy constantly taking out players, tackling from behind, getting people sent off and then quitting?

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »

photo0001uh.jpg

There is a massive problem with this, it's called scripting according to players on the official website. I've completely stopped playing FIFA 10 online. I've had games where I have absolutely dominated possesion and shots and and still lose 3-0 and they guy shoots 3-4 times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement