Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Season 5 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

been doing exams and im back on thurs to catch up with my matches...im a little bit behind but im usually good to get them done straight away (not counting the last week and a half :rolleyes:)

I understand what splender is saying...it took me AGES to even start liking fifa 10...i liked fifa 09 better...prob still do...its was more based on skill as opposed to 'breaks, 50-50's and random purple patches'...otherwise known as chelsea syndrome...stick with it lad, i played some crackers against you last year...they were very tight, luckily for me my game style for 09 was kinda similar to 10 so i only had to stick at it for a month or so where i got constantly hammered by my brother...bad times :mad:, but ive turned it round...*whispers* bring back 09 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

F*CKING DELIGHTED :D

Didnt fix the nat, but changed my router back. I am now OPEN

Parawind wrote: »
    Its clear as day that he quit intentionally to stop me scoring more as i was ripping him apart, there was still 23mins left which was plenty of time for me to score more. That has to be against the rules!

I needed to bump up my goal difference and he knows it.

I call Henry on him!

Shocking revelations there parawind, surely Blatter aka Axwell has to do something about this breach of rules...(championship needs a good scandal combined with a mod post which usually starts off with...'right lads this is the last time im going to say this blah blah blah' :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Regarding Splender I have to say I didnt have any problems at all playing him regarding quitting or bad tackles. Good player imo. But hes right Fifa 10 is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Shocking revelations there parawind, surely Blatter aka Axwell has to do something about this breach of rules...(championship needs a good scandal combined with a mod post which usually starts off with...'right lads this is the last time im going to say this blah blah blah' :D)

dam straight, i want blood!!! I thought one of the points of playing the league was that we could play people who didn't disconnect as soon as they start too lose. I wouldn't mind so much but i have been beaten quite a few times already this season and i stayed and took it. I think it was DeleMu who beat me 5-1 at the start of the season and it hurt but i still stayed til the end cause it was the right thing to do!

Whatever happened to FIFA Fair Play!!

I would have thought maybe it was an accident (*yeah right*) if he didn't disconnect after my 4th goal.

*cough* Points deduction *cough*

• Advertisement

might have to hear his defense of his actions...:rolleyes:

LILLE, France, April 3..Lille got fined 82,000 dollars for walking off against Man U in the champions league...can we fine players virtual boards euros?

might have to hear his defense of his actions...:rolleyes:

yup i can't wait for the "oh my internet cut out excuse" funny how it only cuts out right after i take a 4-0 lead.

I respectfully resquest to be the 33rd team in next seasons premiership rofl (too soon?)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

yup i can't wait for the "oh my internet cut out excuse" funny how it only cuts out right after i take a 4-0 lead.

I respectfully resquest to be the 33rd team in next seasons premiership rofl (too soon?)
    Ok i go 4-0 up and Dufflecoatxbox disconnects, right after i score my 4th before the tip off and i didn't celebrate any of my goals or watch a reply or even talk.

Its clear as day that he quit intentionally to stop me scoring more as i was ripping him apart, there was still 23mins left which was plenty of time for me to score more. That has to be against the rules!

I call Henry on him!

You are making a lot of accusations without him getting to say what actually happened. Why would he quit intentionally at 4-0, why not at 2-0 or 3-0 if he was going to. Peoples connections drop, it happens. Until he gets to say what happened hold off with the accusations and demands.

Axwell wrote: »
    You are making a lot of accusations without him getting to say what actually happened. Why would he quit intentionally at 4-0, why not at 2-0 or 3-0 if he was going to. Peoples connections drop, it happens. Until he gets to say what happened hold off with the accusations and demands.

lol wasn't making demands, that was a joke. But seriously you have to be pretty optimistic to think that someones internet dropped right after you score, the fact that hes not here defending himself should say quite a bit.

The reason he would quit at 4-0 was because i was tearing him apart and he fouled me and i smashed in the free kick, maybe at 2 or 3 nil he thought he still had a way back into the game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

the fact that hes not here defending himself should say quite a bit.

Not really, all it suggests is that he hasnt been on boards and seen what you wrote yet to respond to it. Some people dont spend much time on the fifa thread or boards apart from posting results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

sorry to butt in but i was talking to parawind while he was playing if your man duffelcoatxbox got cut off, he would come back on to xbox live and say sorry mate. its happened to me before people tend to quit just when you score smells fishy to me. he was on 2nite around 6 i think he would off messaged on xbox live or boards.

ps my brother yapamilas is lucky i beat him wink wink:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

could the next season be on fifa 09? just because its not the latest version doesnt mean we cant revert back to the bestfooty game on 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Fifa 09 doesn't become the better game just because you were better at it than Fifa 10 :D

im not the only one that thinks 10 isnt as good.

Can we go back to Fifa 05?...I was wayyyyyy better at 05

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: 7
    RESULT: AC Milan(Parawind) 4-0 Atletico Madrid(Dufflecoatxbox)

Ok i go 4-0 up and Dufflecoatxbox disconnects, right after i score my 4th before the tip off and i didn't celebrate any of my goals or watch a reply or even talk.

I call Henry on him!

Jeez lad, calm down. You wont believe my connection went no matter what I tell you and to be honest I dont feel I should have to go into it. You get a 3-0 because of the disconnect or a 4-0 if ya like, I couldnt give a crap. I couldnt reply to you because the router in the house got plugged out as they thought everyone was in bed asleep as it was 2:30 in the morning...

Careful who you call a cheat now ya hear. I have taken worse beatings than the one you were giving me and I did not disconnect during them.

L 04 Dec 2009 Atletico Madrid 1 - 8 Inter Milan

3-0 might be flattering for you mate, cos Forlan would have ripped your head off in the last 23 minutes of the game...

Thanks for clarifying you got disconnected. Parawind you got the win awarded by Fifa as per normal so that matter is closed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Jeez, everyone is so wound up lately!!

It's xmas for fook sake!! Where's the peace and goodwill to others eh???

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Peace and goodwill to mankind.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I've not been on in a while as the wife has me painting the apartment.

Sorry to anybody waiting to play me.

I'll clear the backlog over the next while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Splender has quit the premiership. take it that means his games will all be awared as 3-0 wins to his opponents!?

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Splender has quit the premiership. take it that means his games will all be awared as 3-0 wins to his opponents!?

awesome he beat me twice! is splender definitely gone? sounds to me he just had a bad night that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    awesome he beat me twice! is splender definitely gone? sounds to me he just had a bad night that time.

The games played will stand!!

As Splender has left the league all remaining fixtures of his will be a 3-0 win to the opponent, the result stands on all previous fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Axwell wrote: »
    As Splender has left the league all remaining fixtures of his will be a 3-0 win to the opponent, the result stands on all previous fixtures.

What that doesnt make sense! Ive only played him once and i think it was a draw but what about Corcaigh others whove played twice or lost? Say he looses the league by 3 points and its only because someone was given a 3-0 win against splender where as corcaigh was simply unlucky to keep up to date with his games?

Sounds completley unfair?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

joe123 wrote: »
    What that doesnt make sense! Ive only played him once and i think it was a draw but what about Corcaigh others whove played twice or lost? Say he looses the league by 3 points and its only because someone was given a 3-0 win against splender where as corcaigh was simply unlucky to keep up to date with his games?

Local soccer has that ruling, it has happened a few times where I play. A team withdraws and the results they have got so far stand and the remaining games are given as 3-0 walkovers

joe123 wrote: »

yea that sucks, any lad that doesnt play his games until the end has an unfair advantage like Richie and the guy that has arsenal who is fairly slow fulfilling his games. Punishing people who are trying their best to keep up to date isn't really on to be honest.

league table says i won 2-0 against Inter, i actually lost 2-0.

Lads those are the rules, its the way its always been done. It was the same last year when Virgil couldnt finish the rest of his games. I've already played Splender and lost 4-3 so if anything it would suit me to get the loss scraped for a win but its not the way its done. 3-0 for the remaining fixtures and the previous results stand, same as its always been.

• Advertisement

then whats the point of keeping up to date with the fixtures? i should have held off playing anyone until the last week or two because i'd gain the unfair advantage. all fixtures with splender should be null and void, just like if Cork City got kicked out of LOI this season. if splender is gone, then im leaving too because that rule is horse****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement