Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One step at a time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Sosa wrote: »
    Tempo

Since my last post i have been sick,thats twice now in 5 weeks i have been sick....i generally dont get run down so this has to be telling me something....i was also working all weekend so wasnt easy....
    I started coming around yesterday and felt much better today when i got up so i initially planned on not running today either...but as the day went on i got itchy feet and finally took the plunge and got out the door just after 8 tonight...did 1.5m easy and stopped and reset the watch and off i went at sub 6:00p,the idea was one mile at a time and stop when i felt it was getting to much.
    I ended up churning out 5m in 29:51...the first 4 relatively easy and the last one was a bit tougher but manageable.
    delighted to get that done tonight,a few easy runs up to Sat when i wll do a 15 miler...hope i am on the road to recovery.

1.5m @ 7:29p
    5m @ 5:58p ( 29:51 )
    1.5m @ 8:52p ( uphill )

if you can run that kind of time for a 5ml tempo coming back after been sick, I think thats a good indicator for some great races ahead! Nice job Sosa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Aerobic/Recovery

A toasty morning out there,i did a "recce" of the upcoming Genzyme 10k Road Race this morning,i had to do a safety assesment anyway of the route so what better way other than run it and think of all the areas for marshalling or other concerns i may have...there was a few in the Ind Est just after the 5k relay changeover but nothing a few walkie talkies and communication on the day wont fix.
    Its shaping up to be a good event,just hope we get the numbers now (Wat-KK hurling might take a few alright)...i am looking forward to it.
    We have been organising it for the last 3 months,alot of effort went into it so i hope it will be alright on the day.
    Back to the run today...it is a fair course,Mile 1 and 6 are downhill and the middle 4 are either flat,downhill or a slight incline.
    the only major hill is just before the start of the 3rd Km...its the hill on the Butlerstown 10k that people may be familiar with....
    I ran all miles today at the same effort and it was interesting to see that they were all similar other than M5 which has a drag of about 0.5m in there,nothing major just you will need to up it a touch here to maintain your pace...as soon as you hit 8k its all downhill and flat...real good fast finish.
    Roll on Aug 7th...hope some boardsies can make it !

Route : http://connect.garmin.com/activity/102127448

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Looks like a super-fast course, with a minor net down-hill. Excellent PB material. Will you get to run it yourself (as opposed to organize it!)?. Sadly I won't make it down, but best of luck with the race. Hopefully one for the future.

Looks like a super-fast course, with a minor net down-hill. Excellent PB material. Will you get to run it yourself (as opposed to organize it!)?. Sadly I won't make it down, but best of luck with the race. Hopefully one for the future.

I hope to run it KC,but wont know until the morning really because if we are short volunteers i will be something else...i had not planned to run but i think we will get enough help....so heres hoping !
    As for PB material...it is and im just about to give up on sub 36...no hopes or aspirations just if i run i will be trying my best

Aerobic

A nice run with no heroics...decided to slow down the pace of these to have a bit in the tank for the long one at the w/e...

6m @ 7:27p

• Advertisement

Med Long

My longest run since pre Cork last year...and it was very enjoyable.
    Met up with a buddy of mine from the club,he is doing Dublin so starting to get a few long ones in.
    We started out conservatively enough with 2*7:25ish miles to get us going...We clipped along then for the next few miles at 7:10's chatting all the way...had to reign ourselves in a few times which is a good thing...got around to 9m then and starting pushing the pace to 6:50/55's..all going well here so finished with a 6:41,6:23 and 6:16 for the last...really good run out in good company

15m @ 6:58p

The trick now is to recover well from this because thats been my problem the last few months...i need to freshen up

Big weekend down here with the Spraoi on and we have 50 cent...yes you heard me 50 Cent ( i take you to the candy shop..... )playing at the RSC tonight ( base for the national half and my training ground...big stage erected there during the week...he must have fallen on hard time or something to be coming over here...

Aerobic

Very warm morning down here,stuck for time due to not getting out of the bed...so barely squeezed in 7 handy miles...they were a pleasure though...

7m @ 7:17p

Short Intervals

After the debacle of my previous 2 races,im trying something new this week....gone are the lung busting 10/7/4 @10kp with 2 mins rec.....gone are the 3*2k with 200 sprints in between...today was as easy a tempo session that i have ever done....
    Im trying to juggle everything (like most on here) while still trying to recharge the batteries for the national half in 4 weeks time...which i am behind on my target time i reckon....
    So with that heres what i did today :

1m warm up at 7:26p
    8*400 @ average 5:36p
    w/200m rec jog
    2m warm down

6m total

I hope to get 13 done tomorrow...physio for a badly needed rub on the legs Thursday morning...then 2 slow short runs in the lead up to Sunday where i once again will try once again to break the ever elusive 36 minute barrier......and all this may be in vain as i wont know if i am racing until the morning of the race as we are still trying to nail down more volunteers to help out...its not easy this Race Orginisation lark.....

Short Intervals

After the debacle of my previous 2 races,im trying something new this week....gone are the lung busting 10/7/4 @10kp with 2 mins rec.....gone are the 3*2k with 200 sprints in between...today was as easy a tempo session that i have ever done....
    Im trying to juggle everything (like most on here) while still trying to recharge the batteries for the national half in 4 weeks time...which i am behind on my target time i reckon....
    So with that heres what i did today :

1m warm up at 7:26p
    8*400 @ average 5:36p
    w/200m rec jog
    2m warm down

6m total

I hope to get 13 done tomorrow...physio for a badly needed rub on the legs Thursday morning...then 2 slow short runs in the lead up to Sunday where i once again will try once again to break the ever elusive 36 minute barrier......and all this may be in vain as i wont know if i am racing until the morning of the race as we are still trying to nail down more volunteers to help out...its not easy this Race Orginisation lark.....

Steady Aerobic

A lovely dirty drizzly day that i got well and truly soaked in but enjoyed every minute of...great running weather.
    A nice steady clip all the way...some miles faster than others and slowed the last 2 as they were uphill and didnt see the point in lashing up them ...it is race week after all !

10m @ 6:49p

Physio in the morning for a little TLC ....:eek:

• Advertisement

Just back form a tough session at athe physio....jaysus i pity the people that go in there injured....outside the calves were a killer and the quads....oooh...not nice but all is done now...plenty of water today followed by a short slow 4m tomorrow evening followed by a warm bath and he said i will be ready to go....we will see !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Good luck in your race today. Hope all goes off smoothly you get to run it.

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Good luck in your race today. Hope all goes off smoothly you get to run it.

Thanks Gringo...everything went well and all agreed that we did a good job in getting it organised.being our first year it was always going to be difficult to get the numbers and with the Waterford-KK match also today i knew that would take from us,that proved the case as we mustered up just over 110...was hoping for nearer 200 but the event will grow and we hope to make a bigger impact next year.
    I did get to run but it was literally 10:50 before i got the gear on after being out on the route way longer than expected...doing the km markers and road race in progress signs on roads that would be approaching the route form a different angle...also had to get the finish line sorted,5km mark changeover for the relay,water stations...and a hundred and one other things...i was not going to bother at that stage but got the gear on and after a few strides...ran...not particulary well at all...37:02...could have shaved it down nearer 36:30 but if its not sub 36 pace i didnt have the same drive.
    I was very happy at the finish thought to see everyone had an enjoyable morning,that was the goal...and we raised a nice few bob for MS Ireland....win,win situation

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Was going to head down for that race today. 110 is a good number for your first year.

Edit: thats a great time, I'd love to say I didn't run particularly well and run 37 minutes :p

i was not going to bother at that stage but got the gear on and after a few strides...ran...not particulary well at all...37:02...could have shaved it down nearer 36:30 but if its not sub 36 pace i didnt have the same drive.
    I was very happy at the finish thought to see everyone had an enjoyable morning,that was the goal...and we raised a nice few bob for MS Ireland....win,win situation

Good time...there was no way you were going to set the world on fire time wise after being up all morning preparing things and all the running around you would have been doing - no warmup and you would not have had a relaxed heart rate starting. Good to run your own race though to get the runners view of things that you mightn't be aware of.

Good time...there was no way you were going to set the world on fire time wise after being up all morning preparing things and all the running around you would have been doing - no warmup and you would not have had a relaxed heart rate starting. Good to run your own race though to get the runners view of things that you mightn't be aware of.

Ah yeah...it was fairly hectic yesterday alright but for once i didnt care about my time,i was more concerned to hear how everyone else thought of the race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Would have loved to do this too. It will grow and hopefully it wont clash nxt year.

Would have loved to do this too. It will grow and hopefully it wont clash nxt year.

Thanks VR,it wont be the same w/e next year anyway...thats a certainty,way to much going on.
    The match was the ultimate killer but also there was a 5m race on the friday night only 20m away,then Tipp have there 10m road race championships this Wed,along with fellas getting long runs in for marathons and also its factory shutdown time...people away on hols etc.
    I would imagine that we will be way earlier in 2012.
    A few from the club was amazed we even got 100+ considering all that and another guy who started a couple of annual races 3 years back was saying how they struggled bady the first yearwith numbers and they were late March when nothing was on.
    So we took the positives and will move on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yee need to make the results doc public on google. I had to request permission, can't remember how to make it public... :)

edit: When you're looking at the doc, click 'share' in the top right corner, in the access window click on edit and you can give access to anyone who has the link.

[/log hijack]

Yee need to make the results doc public on google. I had to request permission, can't remember how to make it public... :)

edit: When you're looking at the doc, click 'share' in the top right corner, in the access window click on edit and you can give access to anyone who has the link.

[/log hijack]

Just did that RQ....was wondering why i was getting mails from people to give them access...thanks

• Advertisement

The heart rate has finally dropped after all the organisation the last few weeks...got for a nice 6 yesterday evening and long intervals this morning.

Yesterday : 6m @ 7:14p
    Nice and handy,went a different route for a 6 miler and enjoyed the change of scenery.

Long Intervals
    Out the door at 8 this morning for these,not ideal for this type of workout but the only time of the day it was going to happen...so off i went.

1.5m warm up @ 7:27p
    3*1.5m @ 5:53,5:54 & 5:53 Pace
    400m jog rec inbetween
    3.25m jog home @ 8:03p
    10m Total

Very blustery out there this morning and the courthouse side of the park was hard work but none the less got these done.
    Ironically as i have noticed on morning tempo running,the first set was the hardest and the last the easiest....other way around if i ran those in the evening !

Aerobic

A nice run in very wet and windy conditions and got some nipple bleed to add to the mix :(
    Mad to get out the door today and first chance i got i took it....was always going to be a handy run with the long intervals wed gone and a steady 15 on Sunday morning looming,went a tad faster than planned but it felt easy so went with the flow ( blood flow :D ),when i got to 9m i needed a sub 6:35 to break 70...so i upped it here and climbed the last few hills at a nice clip to get in under the 70...

10m @ 6:49p ( 1:09:48 )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

Wow, thats a solid training session over 10 miles. It took me 1 15 to do 10 miles last week!

smmoore79 wrote: »
    Wow, thats a solid training session over 10 miles. It took me 1 15 to do 10 miles last week!

that was actually 6:59p...and you would handily knock that out if you wanted to....with your shorter times

Med Long

Met up with 3 other clubmates today for this,perfect weather,not to hot or cold,no wind..all he makings of a good sunday morning trek.
    The 4 of us would be fairly well matched,none much faster than the other over many distances,2 of them training for a stab at sub 2:50 in Dublin and the other going for sub3 in his first marathon....so an even playing field,no-one to fast for the group and all ran comfortably.
    2 of the lads did 18/19 and me and the other chap turned off and got 15 done...plenty of hills enroute,i was out roads this morning that i never knew existed,really enjoyable,plenty of chat along the way made the time just dissapear....miles got a bit quicker near the end and a nice 6:08 to finish
    I feel that these type of runs have been one of the causes of my slower times of late,i just simply have not been doing them and i think i have lost some strength because of it...just hoping that i get through the national half ok and then hopefully push on for the club half in December (weather permitting)

15m @ 7:02p

Recovery

2 short recovery runs today...in and out of work...real slow...im still in the process of tryinh to freshen up with the half in less than 3 weeks time,im feeling stronger than i did 2 weeks ago and have to keep this discipline now and arrive on the line in the best shape i can.

7m Total
    3.5m e/w @ 7:55p and 8:01p

Tempo

What a day for running...a glorious morning.....only thing missing was more miles,i was badly stuck for time and lucky to get this done at all.

1m warm up @ 7:42p
    4m @ 5:54p ( 23:38 )
    1.5m warm down @ 8:01p

6.5m Total

A good effort today,next week i will do 5m.

Right...choices...choices...there is so much on this weekend,i am spoilt for choice.
    Its a matter of how far i can push the boundaries !
    Real fast 5 miler tomrrow night up by dungarvan ( 45 mins away )
    Frank Duffy on Sat ( registered but cannot go :mad::mad: )
    Half marathon in Clonmel at 11 Sunday morning ( 45 mins away )
    Castle 5k sunday evening ( 10 mins away )

Ideally at this stage,i would like to race tomorrow night,take saturday off.
    Run 15 with the club Sunday morning and then run the 5k with my sister in the afternooon...how much of that will happen is anyones guess...but we live in hope :D

Of yeah...4m recovery today at 7:53p...

Aerobic

Decided against the race tonight,just off nights,not feeling the love today,very tired,it would have been another poor result for me so i saved myself the hassle and did a very easy 10 instead.
    thoughts now turn to the 5k on Sunday,will either race this and do 15 Monday or skip it and do the 15 Sunday morning....decisions decisions

10m @ 7:27p

• Advertisement

The Island Run 5k

Decided to race this afterall and glad i did,i have been racing poorly the last 2 months and woke up this morning not wanting to do 15m or race so decided as the 15m was early or never to race as it was at 1pm....got myself together and headed over to the island (all of 1.5m away...handy !)...
    The race itself went very well,its a tough enough 5k imo...its a 3 lap circuit with hills either side of each lap,so 3 climbs enroute...the last one is a killer,its about 300m long but very steep...its about putting the head down and just getting up it because when you do its 400m to the line slightly downhill which is a lovely finish.
    Finished third which was nice but i was happy with the time,considering my racing has been poor lately...it was a nice confidence booster to manage those hills while still keeping a decent time.I reckon i would have been close to sub 17 on a flatter route.

Finishing Time - 17:19 ( 5:34p )

Recovery

A great morning for running earlier,i was tired after yesterdays race,a proper sign that i gave a good effort.
    The calves were tender,just muscle soreness from the effort of those hills but a nice kind of tenderness...one of satisfaction !
    I was going to take today off and run into and home from work tomorrow,but decided to do it today and then leave it until Wed night or Thurs morning to run again...that way i get an extra 45mins in the bed tomorrow and dont have to trek over while the birds are singing.
    Plan now is to either do a tempo Wed night after work or leave it until Thurs morning...depending on the calves...
    less than 2 weeks to the National half,yesterday gave me a boost but still the target is sub 80...no point going out any harder than 6:06p as i know i have not got enough done to try maintain 13.1 @ 5:59.....

7m @ 7:43p

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Great running in the 5k Sosa...... Quick question 4 u.....by any chance do u know if u can register on day of Half marathon thats on 3rd Sept of do u have to pre register... Tks

liamo123 wrote: »
    Great running in the 5k Sosa...... Quick question 4 u.....by any chance do u know if u can register on day of Half marathon thats on 3rd Sept of do u have to pre register... Tks

As far as i know there is no reg on the day of the half...check out the AAI site for confirmation

Tempo

The legs were very tender after Sundays race,must have been the hills as i do not recall ever pushing as hard uphill before so sore calves and tight hamstrings were always going to hamper me this week.
    I usually run into work on my first day which was Tuesday this week,but i knew Monday night that was not a good idea so drove in yesterday and today....so after nearly 60hrs rest (from running) i got togged out to have ago at a tempo...
    The legs responded and i managed to crank out 5 tempo miles in 29:48...
    Really happy to get this done with the half 10 days away.
    I wanted to give myself a nice few days inbetween the tempo and Sundays run...where i will run the route and the last 3.1 at hmp

1m @ 7:35p
    5m @ 5:58p ( 29:48 )
    2m @ 8:22 & 8:34p

8m Total

Aerobic

The plan today was a slow recovery run after last nights tempo...but the legs felt great today,first time in an age that they felt as good the day after a hard session.
    With that the miles were a little quicker but felt slow...all good
    Maybe another similar 6 on sat then run the half route early sunday morning

6m @ 7:23p

• Advertisement

Aerobic

Just off nights and just wanted a nice casual run today to wake up and get ready for tomorrows trial run of the national half route.
    The legs are feeling great this week,best in a long time,felt slower than 8:00p today.
    I was struggling badly 3/4 weeks a go,totally burned out,but some slower paced runs and one key session a week instead of 2 have recharged me,not ideal in prep for next week as i would rather be better prepared to go for a faster time but i will still be having a cut off 79:xx and i think i have a good shout at doing it,original plan was to run it at sub 6:00p but im certainly not up to that,i dont think i could muster up a sub 60 for 10 at the moment so no hope of holding that for an extra 3.1.
    If i get sub 80 next week i will be a very happy bunny !

6.6m @ 7:18p

Med Long

Well thats it..all done and dusted....( my training block for the national half ),not ideal,not to plan,didnt reach anywhere near the mileage i wanted,3 very average races along the way,missed my goal of sub 36 in the 10k ( 2 attempts,didnt get under 36:30 in either ),got burned out along the way,freshened up somewhat over the last 2/3 weeks to get me where i am now....optimistic...in my chances of a sub 80 next week,i am by no means confident but will gove it a go.#Todays run was supposed to be the half route and do the last 3.1 @ hmp but nearly didnt get out at all as i couldnt get out of the bed this morning so i was luck to get out at lunch time,so rather than waste time driving down there to run i just went from the house.
    Started off a little quick with a 7:06 and that turned out to be the slowest of my first 10 miles...clipped along very nicely between 6:40 and 6:50 up to 8m then did a 6:33...then decided to push the 10th mile and jog the rest home as a recovery...5:56 here...felt good.
    I took a minute then,little stretch and jogged home the required 2.4m home to get me to the dizzy heights of a 40m week for only the 2nd time in the last 3 months....
    Roll on next week !

10m @ 6:44p ( 10th Mile @ 5:56p )
    2.4m @ 7:30p
    12.4m Total @ 6:53p

Aerobic w/6*400

Took a rest yesterday and headed out for this short run this evening.
    Tried to hold the 400's at 6:06p with Saturday in mind but found it really difficult,all my long intervals and tempo runs have been at 5:55p - 6:00p so this was an eye opener tonight that i will have to watch at the w/e.

1.5m easy down to the park @ 7:23p
    6*400 @ 5:55,6:05,5:52,5:52,5:53 and 6:00p
    w/1 min jog rec inbetween
    1.5m home easy @ 7:37p

5.5m Total

Take it easy between now and Saturday, you're in good shape....fatigue will impact you in a HM so nothing more strenuous than strides now

Take it easy between now and Saturday, you're in good shape....fatigue will impact you in a HM so nothing more strenuous than strides now

Oh yeah,last night was the last of any sort of fast running.
    Rest today again and 5m real easy tomorrow night and rest again friday is my plan.
    You coming down ? I owe you a guided tour

• Advertisement

Oh yeah,last night was the last of any sort of fast running.
    Rest today again and 5m real easy tomorrow night and rest again friday is my plan.
    You coming down ? I owe you a guided tour

Unfortunately not - I might make yer annual one in december though. Have a 10 mile race thursday week and a HM then in Spain on Sept 24th so be sure and set me a good target this weekend. Already have 59:36 jotted down for the 10 miler next week :D

Aerobic

Nice easy run this evening,all eyes on Saturday.
    Next time i lace them up....its going to be interesting

5m @ 7:33p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

best of luck saturday if im not on before then, id say you will be grand you have the pace for sure anyway!

National Half Marathon 85:3x ( i think )

The weather yesterday was supposed to be awful,heavy winds and rain were the rumours and forecasts but somehow the weather gods kept the wind at bay which is crucial on that route,its a pb route once that happens and you can forget about it otherwise.
    During the 400's i did tuesday i picked up a bit of a knock on the outside of the right calf,didnt think it was to serious but ran only thursday after that and felt nothing so thought i was good to go yesterday.
    I got through the first 6m with no bother,met Krusty at 2m and ran 2 with him,felt the pace was slowing and went ahead only because i did not have the confidence to push on the last few miles,i felt that i needed to keep on track or all was lost...so off i went,no niggle yet.
    got to about 6m and i felt it for the first time,hoped it would go away but after 2m of hard work to keep at 6:06p i pulled up ( just after you passed me Krusty,tried to go with you but it was not to be )stopped the watch and hands on head...really dissapointed...looked around for a lift back,no sign of anything and got a shout from someone passing me and decided to try again,managed about 400m but it came back again...walked some more...time gone now...no lift back and did not want a DNf against my name so jogged back...gutted as swarms of people passed me as i trotted home...really good race on my own patch with loads of people aiming for under 80 mins and this happens...ah well...i have been very lucky in the near 4 years i have been running,this never happened to me before and i have not got any injuries other than niggles,this is not bad either ( i hope ) as i dont think i would have been able to jog home if it was.
    I am going to take a break now though,let the leg heal and recharge the batteries and try get that elusive sub 80 in Dec on the same route ( weather permitting ).
    Well done Krusty on what looked like an easy run for you,you were very strong at 8m when i was just about finished and keep the faith for 2:42 !
    Good to meet Abhainn again,and he was dissapointed with 77 mins...well done Joe

ah well...i have been very lucky in the near 4 years i have been running,this never happened to me before and i have not got any injuries other than niggles,this is not bad either ( i hope ) as i dont think i would have been able to jog home if it was.
    I am going to take a break now though,let the leg heal and recharge the batteries and try get that elusive sub 80 in Dec on the same route ( weather permitting ).

Hard luck on the timing - I've had plenty of races in the last while where I've just not been right coming up to the race or on the day and its so dissappointing when you've put the hours in. At least you have another shot coming up in December (barring ice & snow!). You might benefit from a small break and also maybe a longer more structured HM training program for december. Still - 1:25 is a good time for jogging it in!(1:30 is still my HM PB).

Waterford HM's seem to be bad luck for you - did you not break your tailbone for the last one?

Hard luck on the timing - I've had plenty of races in the last while where I've just not been right coming up to the race or on the day and its so dissappointing when you've put the hours in. At least you have another shot coming up in December (barring ice & snow!). You might benefit from a small break and also maybe a longer more structured HM training program for december. Still - 1:25 is a good time for jogging it in!(1:30 is still my HM PB).

Waterford HM's seem to be bad luck for you - did you not break your tailbone for the last one?

Lol...no i didnt break it thank god but it felt like i did,i was really worried that day,i was out in A&E the day before and got dosed up with horse tranquilisers and stupidly ran it the next day in howling winds and rain....ran 84 something,terrified to go any faster.
    It was sore for a few days afterwards but thankfully never reared its head again,must have been a nerve pulling from my glute over towards the tailbone or something because the anti inflamms sorted it out.

I have the Run for Life 10 miler in mid Oct in town and then the club half Dec 8th...hopefully the ice will stay at bay for that and i can have another go then.
    Theres a 10k this Sunday from the RSC also,usually 1000 entries per year,tough route though,i will give it a miss this year,im working Sat and Sun night anyway but im not up to racing now for a while.
    Best of luck with the 10 miler Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Sorry to hear you had a bad race sat , hopefully its not a long lasting injury :) , fair play for finishing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

That was me giving you a shout. Jaysus us KK lads cant stop beating ye waterford lads this year:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

would it be good to just run the 10miler as a tempo run in prep for the half in dec...plenty of 10milers early next year.

anyway recovery from the knock first i guess...

That was me giving you a shout. Jaysus us KK lads cant stop beating ye waterford lads this year:D:D

I knew that was you VR,that was my 2nd time stopping and walking,tried to go ith you but could not,jogged from there.
    I am happy i finished though,may have been a good thing that i did as the jog may have helped a bit,might have seized up if i didnt.
    I ran yesterday for the first time since and only felt a slight discomfort towards the end of the run,so not to bad i suppose.
    No good to me know though.
    100 people under 80 mins,that was the race to do it...plenty of competition.
    Hows you training going ?
    Sub 2:50 on the cards ?
    seanynova wrote: »
    would it be good to just run the 10miler as a tempo run in prep for the half in dec...plenty of 10milers early next year.

anyway recovery from the knock first i guess...

I will see how i am Seany,the competitiveness in me will want to break the hour there even though its a very tough route and i'll be on my own again like last year ( only 4 people under the hour ).
    Might make more sense to do what you say but the madness might prevail !
    Well done on your half by the way i read your report.

• Advertisement
Advertisement