Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Cleaning in Galway City

Options
  • 02-11-2009 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking for a company/service that will do a once-off cleaning of a house in the city. It's a new-ish unoccupied house and it's not filthy or anything - just needs a good all-round clean so that it can be rented out.

I've googled a few companies and I'm checking out ads in the Advertiser for cleaners, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a particular company or service that they would really recommend for something like this?

Any help would be very much appreciated - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

Nice one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 prettie

just wondering did you get sorted with someone to do some house cleaning,I know a girl that does this type of work shes a flyer and very particular and very realiable cleans for some well know buisness people in galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Congoose wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm looking for a company/service that will do a once-off cleaning of a house in the city. It's a new-ish unoccupied house and it's not filthy or anything - just needs a good all-round clean so that it can be rented out.

I've googled a few companies and I'm checking out ads in the Advertiser for cleaners, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a particular company or service that they would really recommend for something like this?

Any help would be very much appreciated - thanks!

surely if you go to your local newsagent you will see a sign where soemone is offering their services

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

prettie wrote: »
    just wondering did you get sorted with someone to do some house cleaning,I know a girl that does this type of work shes a flyer and very particular and very realiable cleans for some well know buisness people in galway.

Thanks prettie, but I got sorted out with someone this afternoon. I appreciate the tip all the same! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Hi Prettie

Could you pm me your friends details? Looking to get a house cleaned too, probably just a one off job.

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Is the recession over?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Is the recession over?

Nope. But they only have to pay 7.65 an hour this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

What has the recession got to do with wanting to live in a clean house!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

DConway wrote: »
    What has the recession got to do with wanting to live in a clean house!?

I may be wrong, but I interpreted the post as a reference to the fact that only the 'rich' or those in 'big houses' employed houskeepers prior to the boom (ha ha) years.

During tiger years, the number of people using housecleaners soared. Prior to that people only ever did it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Nope. But they only have to pay 7.65 an hour this time.

Provided they're paying a stamp (ie employer's PRSI) and employer's liability insurance etc.

Otherwise the rate is the same as it has been recently for self-employed people picking up jobs like this from all over the place.

I've said before, the country overall may be in deeper trouble, but I'm picking up signals of things getting better in Galway at least. There are far more jobs to apply for than there were 18 months ago, there are jobs that are hard to fill already, and there are posts like this popping up. I'm getting regular emails from recruiters about jobs in Dublin and obscure parts of the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep I know what you mean. I saw somebody on Adverts looking for part-time work in Galway and they got a reply from Dublin asking would they come up to give out flyers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Marie Cath

prettie wrote: »

Hello
    I'm moving out from my house and would need someone to help me cleaning and organizing myself because I've been in exams while being single mum of 2 babies and unfortunately don't find the time and energy needed to do everything on my own, so I would be thankful if you could recommend me someone nice, understanding, efficient and reliable to help!
    Thanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement