Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a camcorder in the US

Options
  • 02-11-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hey there
    Thinking about getting a mate to buy a camcorder in the US for me but, as its US its going to be NTSC and not PAL. Because it's a digital camcorder I was wondering if anyone knew if you could change the settings from NTSC to PAL (I know on my digi SLR you can)?

Thanks - Scott

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I Bought a JVC Digital Camcorder (NTSC) and it works fine. Both my DVD player and TV are both NTSC and PAL compatible, so it works fine. It connects to my PC via a USB cable, and its a simple "drag and drop" to get the video files onto the PC. Once on the PC I edit them using Ulead video Editing Software. I'm very happy with it. JVC have there own video files (.mod) which have to be converted to .mpg or.wma, but the camera comes with the appropriate software. Oh and the camers was €100 cheaper than Irl prices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I Bought a JVC Digital Camcorder (NTSC) and it works fine. Both my DVD player and TV are both NTSC and PAL compatible, so it works fine. It connects to my PC via a USB cable, and its a simple "drag and drop" to get the video files onto the PC. Once on the PC I edit them using Ulead video Editing Software. I'm very happy with it. JVC have there own video files (.mod) which have to be converted to .mpg or.wma, but the camera comes with the appropriate software. Oh and the camers was €100 cheaper than Irl prices :)

Thanks - I ended up getting a JVC Everio from HK - was £200 vs €349 for the exact same spec here! rip off ireland yet again!!

Advertisement