Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What state should I leave rented apartment?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm just about to move out of a place I've been renting for the last year and I was wondering what state should I leave it in?

By that I mean I looked after the place, there is no damage and it's relatively clean.

But should I actually deep clean the place or is that unnecessary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Leave it in the state you got it in, or better.

The cleaner the place, the quicker you are likely to get your deposit back and the better your chances of getting it all back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Leave it as you would like to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

leave it spotless.

That way there should be no issues on getting your deposit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Within reason you're better leaving it fairly spotless. That said I did the same myself and the landlady just kept all our deposit and refuses to give it back. Roll on many months in the PRTB, can't wait. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

As Paulw said "Leave it in the state you got it in, or better." and be sure to take pictures of it before you leave too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement