Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Replacement Laser Unit

Options
  • 02-11-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys - I have a PS3 here which Im about to put a new laser unit into. Ive read up on the subject and it seems there are two types. The white clip variants (cheap 3rd party units), and brown clip ones (propietary hardware).

The obvious differences seem to be that the white clip ones are prone to failure from as little as ten minutes. So as expected, my replacement arrived today with its shiny new white clip :mad:

So here's the question for anyone with more experience....is this unit GUARANTEED to fail? Or have there been cases where white clip units have continued to work as they should? Ill obviously post my results as soon as I have made the transfer....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

Unfortunately it is guaranteed to fail, the failure rate is extremly high. Some do not even function at all. If it does work, you would be lucky to have it last 6 months, by which time you will not have any comeback.

C|F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Unfortunately it is guaranteed to fail, the failure rate is extremly high. Some do not even function at all. If it does work, you would be lucky to have it last 6 months, by which time you will not have any comeback.

C|F

Its already back in its little box...heading back to the uk today :( It never worked outta the box. But I did make one little mistake, the ribbon clip is actually black not white as I suggested....anyone heard of this type?

Advertisement