Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spectrum Imaging Newcastle - developing 120 film online

• 02-11-2009 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Anyone use Spectrum for developing and scanning medium format stuff?

It's only £5, as opposed to typically €15 in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

€15 would get you dev + scan in Ireland, Spectrum charge £5 for scan only. Add £3.60 for dev + 15% UK vat, comes to about €11. They don't say how much postage to Ireland would be, if they even post here. Might be worth it if it was less than €4, I'm not convinced though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jjoconnor

€15 would get you dev + scan in Ireland, Spectrum charge £5 for scan only. Add £3.60 for dev + 15% UK vat, comes to about €11. They don't say how much postage to Ireland would be, if they even post here. Might be worth it if it was less than €4, I'm not convinced though.

it's £5 for dev & scan inc. tax.

not bad if you do bulk, which i do. but i'd like to know what the dev quality is like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Ok, my mistake, it seems these guys: http://www.spectrumphotolabs.co.uk/ aren't affiliated with these guys: http://www.spectrumimaging.co.uk/

Does seem like good value, do they post to Ireland?

Does seem like good value, do they post to Ireland?

It doesn't look like they do, and so they must charge at GBP which is only €5.50.

I'm going to call them today and see if they would deliver here

If you were doing 10 rolls you'd save about €115! That's great

Don't think they do slide though

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

Any news on whether they would do Ireland delivery? Would certainly make my dev choices easier! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i use them all the time for all my cross processing. can't recommend them highly enough. really friendly and helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

Do they charge more to deliver to you shrapnel222?

Their deal seems so great, I'm very tempted! :D

sorry forgot to come back here

they currently don't deliver to ireland but are in the process of working something out, so i'm going to keep in touch with them

they seem to have a good rep with all their customers on flickr so fingers crossed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Do they charge more to deliver to you shrapnel222?

Their deal seems so great, I'm very tempted! :D
    jjoconnor wrote: »
    sorry forgot to come back here

they currently don't deliver to ireland but are in the process of working something out, so i'm going to keep in touch with them

they seem to have a good rep with all their customers on flickr so fingers crossed....

i can't remember to be honest. I think it's around a fiver, so it wasn't a lot more. i'll try and dig out my emails with them, but they definitely deliver to Ireland, as i've used them 4 or 5 times in the last 3 years.

Advertisement