Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco no longer sells Buckfast

Options
  • 02-11-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Just to inform all my buckie lovin friends, tesco has discontinued buckfast.
    probably for the foreseeable future! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I condemn them to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

It's one of their best selling drinks. And they charge handsomely for it. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Are you sure? I was in there on Sat evening and a fella stacking the shelves just said that they've run out of stock, not that they discontinued it?

Tesco express still have it at €10.99

Tesco is WAY too expensive for Buckie... fine wines @ €9.50 much more reasonable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If I were a 24 hour Tesco I would not stock it either, attracts too much scum .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Sure alcohol can't be sold after 10pm anyway, 24hr or not doesn't matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I spoke to the lad who work in the off-licence, he said they were no longer stocking it, no reason why, Schooner (??) seems to have taken over

Join Ireland Weather Network

thecivvie wrote: »
    Schooner (??) seems to have taken over
    Maybe they are about to stock Special Brew instead .

'The Brew' has a much better fan website than anything the brain addled bucky guzzlers could ever manage

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Oh dear.

For a supermarket, you're very opinionated ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Maybe they are about to stock Special Brew instead .

'The Brew' has a much better fan website than anything the brain addled bucky guzzlers could ever manage
    Brew lacks class. Purple Tin is where it's at.

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    Brew lacks class. Purple Tin is where it's at.

Tennents Super . Good Luck to ya , I'll throw a 10p off waterloo bridge some day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

fergpie wrote: »
    Just to inform all my buckie lovin friends, tesco has discontinued buckfast.
    probably for the foreseeable future! :mad:

have never tasted the stuff. supposed to blow your mind. they wanted to outlaw at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

now, now, let it not be forgottten that cider was once the beverage of choice forscobes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 eurojedward

This sucks, dont they know its made by monks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Miracleman

If this was any other city that might be a good commercial move, I can't imagine why this would make sense for a supermarket in Galway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Should probably also see a decline in shoplifting there too now, albeit probably not majorly, I'm sure that lot will still be in to pilfer the odd pint of milk/sausage-roll to keep themselves full... very unfortunate that we still have to put up with these types in our fine city...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Just goes to show, tryin to make a fastBuck doesn't always pay off.

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Should probably also see a decline in shoplifting there too now, albeit probably not majorly, I'm sure that lot will still be in to pilfer the odd pint of milk/sausage-roll to keep themselves full... very unfortunate that we still have to put up with these types in our fine city...

What are ya on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 steveonagle

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    DoubleFacePalm.jpg
    are ye serious holy god some people really do have very high oppinions of themselves the majority of people that drink buckfast are'nt chavs

are ye serious holy god some people really do have very high oppinions of themselves the majority of people that drink buckfast are'nt chavs

Exactly.. There's also the pensioners having their "glass a day". ;)

Na, it's ridiculous to think that the only people who drink buckie are chavs.. I've graduated and work in an office, Doesn't stop be enjoyin a bottle at the weekends and will probably stay on it for another few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Exactly.. There's also the pensioners having their "glass a day". ;)

Na, it's ridiculous to think that the only people who drink buckie are chavs.. I've graduated and work in an office, Doesn't stop be enjoyin a bottle at the weekends and will probably stay on it for another few years.

Why do you drink it? Do you enjoy it over other drinks, say a nice bottle of wine etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

Cant believe they wont be selling anymore:(
    Almost everyone i know buy their bucky in there.Maybe they will stock the green bottle?since they are said to be switching to the norths prices after xmas......

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

mumto3 wrote: »
    since they are said to be switching to the norths prices after xmas......

http://checkuptoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/swine-flew.jpg

Webbs wrote: »
    Why do you drink it? Do you enjoy it over other drinks, say a nice bottle of wine etc?

Honestly, yes. It's an acquired taste I guess and there's nothin better after a week at work.. Love the taste of it, not gassy and it's like a shot of adrenaline compared to a bottle of red wine.

Not too bad for the hangovers either.

Who sells the muck in Knocknacarra ????? Joyce perchance ??

http://www.galwaynews.ie/9367-039brats-amp-tramps039-behind-miniriot-knocknacarra
    UP to 250 teenagers who were responsible for a ‘mini riot’ in Knocknacarra on Halloween night – which involved windows being smashed and cars stoned – have been branded “spoilt brats and little tramps” by a city councillor.

However, the local Garda Superintendent has said just a small handful of the group were a troublesome element, and has argued that he had enough resources on duty on Saturday night to deal with the trouble.

Windows of a Bus Éireann bus and at Cotter’s shop on the Shangort Road were smashed, while stones, eggs and fireworks were thrown at cars and passersby.
    “At one stage, there were around 70 of them in the driveway of an elderly person’s house. Windows were broken, cars were egged and stoned, Buckfast bottles were thrown."

Full or empty ??

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Joyces dont sell it per se, but they do have bottles upstairs that are purely for a couple of aul wans. They serve it to them from the customer service desk inside the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 steveonagle

Who sells the muck in Knocknacarra ????? Joyce perchance ??

http://www.galwaynews.ie/9367-039brats-amp-tramps039-behind-miniriot-knocknacarra

Full or empty ??

so your trying to say that its buckfast's fault they acted like scumbags you seem to think your intelligent so for arguments sake i shoot someone is it the guns fault i killed someone or that i acted in this way? come on grow up you need a serious lesson of life if you blame the likes of buckfast for problems with shams me thinks you've had a pretty easy life with no hardships and grew up in a nice posh area hence why you wouldnt have a ****ing clue on the matter.

Ah sure I grew up on Poitín not on that gacky cough syrup . Not in Knocknatallaght mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I wouldn't be a big fan of da Bucky, but I noticed a stack of it in Tesco's this afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Here in Aus they have a wine called goon, its in a box and 4 litres of it costs $10, my god u actually get a headache drinking it but it gets you drunk.

Advertisement