Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco no longer sells Buckfast

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

they stoped selling schooner in there too for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

tried the schooner once and thought it was awful muck. Lidl do a product they call 'fortified british wine' aka cheap sherry, in 2 colours. Its 3.99 for 75cl of 15% alc; 'Nobleman' is the brand

Ah Nobleman, definitely the drink I've drank most in my life.. It used to be 3.79 back in the day for 70cl. Now it's 4.99 for 75cl.

And Tesco do still sell Buckie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

BUCKFAST BACK IN STOCK IN TESCO, HEADFORD RD SHOPPING CENTRE!

10.99 per bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Lidl do a product they call 'fortified british wine' aka cheap sherry, in 2 colours. Its 3.99 for 75cl of 15% alc; 'Nobleman' is the brand
    tried it, rough stuff!!! but in times of a recession its a good replacement for bucky ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Good ol' Buccy, sweet alcoholic nectar. With a caffeine kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

I rememebr VP wine back in the day all the winos used to drink dont see it anymore was it done away with? or anyone seen around ? found this picture looks really old but sure I was drinking it myself in the 90s so im not that old
    attachment.php?attachmentid=24312&stc=1&d=1258285602

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

tried the schooner once and thought it was awful muck. Lidl do a product they call 'fortified british wine' aka cheap sherry, in 2 colours. Its 3.99 for 75cl of 15% alc; 'Nobleman' is the brand

Wonder what is the cheapest bottle of booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

I dont think you can beat the noble man in lidl for €4.99 or a bottle of white blossom hill in fine wines for €5.99.

Also fine wines have a deal of 5 bottles of spanish wine(not sure what its called) for €24.99 so thats €4.99 a bottle.Not too sure if thats still goin tho??

brembo26 wrote: »
    Also fine wines have a deal of 5 bottles of spanish wine(not sure what its called) for €24.99 so thats €4.99 a bottle.Not too sure if thats still goin tho??

For the life of me I couldn't get drunk off that stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Try Tesco Vermouth - €4.19 15%, not to be drank straight but I do and it is drinkable, used to it now, tastes ok, better than schooner anyway.

There's a litre of 17.5% sherry in Tesco for 7.49.. Pretty close to being the cheapest per unit but so disgusting, it's not worth it. Raisins and prune juice after taste.

Lidl do Vermouth aswell, drank it years ago.. can't remember what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

I can't understand why Bucky is so expensive, it's price has increased massively in the last few years. I seem to remember buying it for 3.99 (pounds)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Tesco do 1 litre of value wine for 4.79 Its on the bottom shelf in the wine section. It comes in a tetra pack milk carton thingy. I havnt tried it and dont imagine I ever will. I was to embarrased to pick it up to check the percentage Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mike kelly wrote: »
    I can't understand why Bucky is so expensive, it's price has increased massively in the last few years. I seem to remember buying it for 3.99 (pounds)
    Demand and supply coming to equilibrium, I'd imagine.

I can't understand why ye drink the stuff at all, but some folks cleary like it. Go figure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭dynamopiev

Buckie ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

JustMary wrote: »
    cleary like it. Go figure!

Freudian slip ftw. He'll enjoy the namecheck...

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

I suggest a boards trip to Devon! Lets get drunk with the Monks!! :D

I love bucky... So many (lack of) memories!

Freudian slip ftw. He'll enjoy the namecheck...

'cptr

Well spotted! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Anybody know why it comes in green bottles in the north, and brown here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Anybody know why it comes in green bottles in the north, and brown here?

Our's is brewed in Clonmel under license. Its is also 60% higher in caffeine content (almost twice that of red bull by percentage) and 0.2% lower abv. Lacks one of the artificial flavours they use too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco now have it at €10.19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

fergpie wrote: »
    Just to inform all my buckie lovin friends, tesco has discontinued buckfast.
    probably for the foreseeable future! :mad:
    monkey_shocked2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Tesco do 1 litre of value wine for 4.79 Its on the bottom shelf in the wine section. It comes in a tetra pack milk carton thingy. I havnt tried it and dont imagine I ever will. I was to embarrased to pick it up to check the percentage Lol.

Has anyone tried this? :D

Advertisement