Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dublin Conservative Club

Options
  • 02-11-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anyone know what this organisation is, or where I could find further information in relation to it?

It was mentioned in today's Irish Times, where it said that the DCC choir performed at a Reformation Day ceremony which took place in Bewley's hotel on Saturday and was also attended by the Dublin and Wicklow Orange Lodge.

Here is the link to the article if interested: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1102/1224257901241.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

The Tories are one of the few political parties in Ireland to be run on a 32 county basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colako

My father was a member for around 30 years. Its a protestant club but its open to everybody. I suspect this is as much a commerical decision. Im a catholic in a big catholic family, with a protestant father. Im not in any way biggoted, as was the case with my father but, he enjoyed it for the social aspect but not one person I know of, came to his funeral because we had it in a catholic church. We did this because my dad has 29 grandchildren and 8 children....He would have wanted them with him.........If you like the decor, my Dad designed it all of the recent refurbihment.If you want a cheap beer is pleasant surrounding, go...Just dont bring up the subject of religan!
    JohnW2008 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this organisation is, or where I could find further information in relation to it?

It was mentioned in today's Irish Times, where it said that the DCC choir performed at a Reformation Day ceremony which took place in Bewley's hotel on Saturday and was also attended by the Dublin and Wicklow Orange Lodge.

Here is the link to the article if interested: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1102/1224257901241.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

colako wrote: »
    My father was a member for around 30 years. Its a protestant club but its open to everybody. I suspect this is as much a commerical decision. Im a catholic in a big catholic family, with a protestant father. Im not in any way biggoted, as was the case with my father but, he enjoyed it for the social aspect but not one person I know of, came to his funeral because we had it in a catholic church. We did this because my dad has 29 grandchildren and 8 children....He would have wanted them with him.........If you like the decor, my Dad designed it all of the recent refurbihment.If you want a cheap beer is pleasant surrounding, go...Just dont bring up the subject of religan!

Interesting. Some guy was on that Liveline show earlier this year saying that he was asked to leave it. It seems really odd, a curiosity in the same way that an Orange Order, Freemason or Opus Dei meeting is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement