Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

40 free songs + 1 audiobook

• 02-11-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

from an offer that was in the weekend edition of the Observer

http://www.emusic.com/observer

you have to sign up with a credit card but you can cancel within 14 days and keep your downloads if you want. It's much cheaper than iTunes if you do like em though

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Selection of songs is terrible, though. Very hard to find anything useful. Don't forget to cancel the CC straight away as they will start charging your from the second month on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I agree with what whiterebel said.

I had a 75 free songs offer through a magazine and was hard pushed to find that many songs I liked.

Some may struggle to find 40 that they like. Might suit some musical tastes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

if you like truely indie music and don't want u2/the killers or x-factor pop songs then there's some brilliant stuff on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

There's more than a good enough selection to find 40 tracks or a few albums.

If only you got them for free no one would complain.. oh, wait..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭JonThom

Yeah, this was a great heads up! Thanks, just got a lots of stuff I've been trying to find for ages. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Peirn2

Great deal,

I was wondering after I've registered with site, do I cancel or remove the credit card on my emusic account to stop subscription or some other way through credit card account itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

So how does this site work? 1 credit a month? What is the subscription fee after the free trial is over? And what do you get for it. What format are the downloads? What do you need to install? I'm having trouble finding this info on the actual website.

So how does this site work?
    you pay a fixed fee per month and you get a set number of downloads per month
    1 credit a month? What is the subscription fee after the free trial is over?
    the trial is 14 days and after you pay €6.49 for 12 songs right up to €30.99 for 75 songs
    And what do you get for it.
    songs, 1 credit generally equals one song
    What format are the downloads?
    mp3
    What do you need to install?
    a little download manager

all of the answers are here
    http://www.emusic.com/help/index.html

Peirn2 wrote: »
    Great deal,

I was wondering after I've registered with site, do I cancel or remove the credit card on my emusic account to stop subscription or some other way through credit card account itself?

Q: How do I cancel my subscription?

A: You can cancel your eMusic subscription from Your Account page. Look for the Cancel Membership link under the Change Plan heading.

If you have a music and an audiobook subscription you can cancel either your audiobooks subscription alone or cancel both your music and audiobooks subscriptions. You'll find both options under the Account Options menu on the Your Account page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Peirn2

I signed up to emusic but it only shows 25 free song downloads instead of forty.

Did I do something wrong? I might have had cookies switched off on Observer offer page.

Any help appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement