Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N85/W995/JET/HERO

• 02-11-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

hi,
    thinking of getting one of the above as my meteor upgrade, on talk 300 contract is up,

i'll use the phone for quite a bit of texting, music if i can, gps would be handy, i want the wifi to be able to connect at home and abroad,
    the n85 and the w995 give me more of a durable feeling as apposed to the touchscreens,
    the htc hero seems like the most popular one at the moment but i won't be getting a data plan so i don't think it would be that brilliant ?(correct me if i'm wrong)

does anyone have any thoughts on what one to choose?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Theres no N86 on Meteor, the N85 must be what your thinking? ( correct me if im wrong I havn't been to a store in 2 weeks so could've came in then, i'm going by online)

Your in the same situation as me mate, i'm upgrading during the week and use my phoen for Wifi, lots of texting and would be my main media player. I'm heading with the Hero, but i'd consider N86if it was there. Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

rizzee wrote: »
    Theres no N86 on Meteor, the N85 must be what your thinking? ( correct me if im wrong I havn't been to a store in 2 weeks so could've came in then, i'm going by online)

Your in the same situation as me mate, i'm upgrading during the week and use my phoen for Wifi, lots of texting and would be my main media player. I'm heading with the Hero, but i'd consider N86if it was there. Are you sure?
    nope my bad, its the n85 the had, i'll go fix that there now,
    i'd say it'll be a long time before they bring out any new phones since they're bringing out the hero

True, yeah the Hero would be the way to go outta these. W995 is nice but pretty boring UI and the slider will get dodgey after a while (well thats what i'm worried about anyway)

it'll be my first touch screen, so i'm more concerned that it'll get wet some night when i'm driving home (i've a motorbike) and be destroyed, or that it'll crack

Nah thats not the case with touchscreens mate they're usually reliable, I've had heaps of them , from iPhones to Nokia 5800 and they're grand, somewhat more reliable than normal phones as they're usually scratch resistent etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Hero for definite.

i'm not gonna be getting a data add-on though, so i dunno if the hero's worth it,

It's got built in Wifi anyway :) Plus, it has a excellent music player and decent camera, suits your needs.

but does it withstand the tough lives that Nokia's + SE's can live thru? :P

metalfest wrote: »
    i'm not gonna be getting a data add-on though, so i dunno if the hero's worth it,

Why would not having a data add-on make the others more worthwhile than the Hero? Besides, if you really think it's a problem ... well the 250 MB data package is only €5 a month :)

• Advertisement

Baza210 wrote: »
    Why would not having a data add-on make the others more worthwhile than the Hero? Besides, if you really think it's a problem ... well the 250 MB data package is only €5 a month :)

yess but really i'm PAYG and it's the oul fellas upgrade :P

metalfest wrote: »
    yess but really i'm PAYG and it's the oul fellas upgrade :P

Aha! Well, depending on your spending habits, changing to the €10 Bill Pay Lite + €5 data add-on might be good for you. You get free texts to meteor, 40 minutes of calls and 50 other-network texts, which seems pretty good to me. Otherwise, if you really need to use the net you won't pay more than 99c that day anyway.

Advertisement