Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transcripts- what is overall grade for arts?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi, I'm filling out application form and they ask for an overal grade for each year in college. My problem is that n first year (summer 2004) exams there was only a first class honour, second class honours and pass, no 2:1, 2:2. (A high pass is what is now a 2:2 i think) The next year there was but since I got a 2:1 and 2:2 what should I put down? The transcripts award two final grades, one for each subject so I presume this is the way it's done, but the appliations only ask for one (and since they are online dropdown boxes there is no way to clarify this). Do i add the % together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

1st class honours = 1.1 (70%+)
    2nd class honours = 2.1 (60-69.9%) & 2.2 (50-59.9%)
    Pass = 3rd (40-49.9%)

A high pass would still equate to under 50%, just short of a 2.2

If you were awarded two grades, add the two together and divide by two to get the average. If you have percentages, all the better as you can get a more accurate result

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Jamie-b

I was, but in first year as there was no 2:2 grade a 58% was a Pass. Do I go by the modern equivalent, ie add all, get one % and apply the 2:1 2:2 standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Jamie-b wrote: »
    Do I go by the modern equivalent, ie add all, get one % and apply the 2:1 2:2 standard?

Yep, I'd do that if you can

Advertisement