Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reminder: New York Lottery opens today

• 02-11-2009 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Lottery for NYC marathon 2010 opens today. Good luck everyone (hoping for good karma with this reminder). :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 SOH32

had a reminder set! cheers hardy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

when does it close?
    is there any advantage as to when you put your name in the hat? i.e. in first and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dmire

Just back from this, it was unbelievable, a great experience, I would definately recommend it.

Not sure if it makes a difference when you enter, 2 of us entered the lotto some time around early March 2009 and we both got in (both at our first attempt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭Peckham

It seems like a lot of people (more than normal) were successful in the lottery last year. It's pricey if (like me) you don't end up taking the place that you're offered - cost me €175 for a race I didn't run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Peckham wrote: »
    It's pricey if (like me) you don't end up taking the place that you're offered - cost me €175 for a race I didn't run!

Non-U.S. Residents (including Puerto Rico)
    US $265

And we think €70 is expensive for the Dublin marathon entry fee:(

Any race reports from our Irish contingent on Sunday yet?
    Ian O Riordan ran it and had a good piece in the Times on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

and its worth every penny - great marathon, great support all along the route and just really well organised. If you get into the marathon the entry fee will be the least of your worries a trip to nyc aint cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

groovyg wrote: »
    and its worth every penny - great marathon, great support all along the route and just really well organised. If you get into the marathon the entry fee will be the least of your worries a trip to nyc aint cheap.

Do aerlingus jack the prices right up? I'd imagine hotel costs shoot up too?

Do aerlingus jack the prices right up? I'd imagine hotel costs shoot up too?

Doesn't have much of an impact. There are so many routes (and not that many people) from Dublin to NYC. Also, there are so many hotels in NYC, that the marathon doesn't make that much of a difference.

I was there marathon week last year, and when pricing the trip it made no difference whether we went that week or the week after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Hi Peckham - can you do 2 apps together (so if 1 person doesn't get it the other won't be left on their own)?

christeb wrote: »
    Hi Peckham - can you do 2 apps together (so if 1 person doesn't get it the other won't be left on their own)?

I don't know, but would be surprised if you could.

What you could do if one got in and the other didn't, is that the other could just pay for a Sports International trip and entry. The person who got in on the ballot could travel with them on a Sports International "non-runner" package, thus cutting down on costs by sharing a room etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

when I got in I booked flights pretty much straight away, got flights with Delta for 350euro, Aer lingus was about 100 quid more expensive. I think by far accomodation works out the most expensive part of the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 EUSTY500

I'd like to repeat what others have said - ran my first one there last year & it was an incredible experience from start to finish. Couldda done without the 4 freezing hours under the Verranzo Bridge before the race, but in the end it made the whole day even more memorable.
    Highly recommended :)

Advertisement