Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan Rental

Options
  • 02-11-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Im a nineteen year old student. We are looking to rent a campervan but are restricted by all the rental companies' age limitations.

We are looking to do a short tour of Ireland but cant due to these limitations. Any preconception that if a campervan were to be rented to a group of students would be quite misguided as we would not be looking for any hassle if we were to rent a campervan. Drink Driving, for our generation, has become a taboo which I feel older generations find hard to believe. Any problems(if any) that resulted from our renting of a caravan would be ours and ours alone.

In short, if someone were to rent us a campervan, it would be returned in pristine condition.

Does anyone know of anywhere or anyone that would be willing to rent a campervan to me?
    Thanks for your time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I don't think you have a hope.

You could buy a caravan for the price of a weeks rental easy and have plenty of beer money in change.Only works if you have access to a suitable car though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I think the age thing will be an issue as I know my insurance requires you to be over 25 to drive it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

In short, if someone were to rent us a campervan, it would be returned in pristine condition.

That's easily said , but won't be believed . And I say that as a (relatively) young man . We've rented to loads of people , lots twice your age and they rarely come back in pristine condition..... Getting insurance for males under 27 is very difficult .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As a 19 year old you won't even get a normal rental car, never mind a camper.

and as for private rentals ...first there are insurance implications and secondly we campers are very peculiar about letting others use our pride and joy :D

sorry to have no better news

Advertisement