Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Service in French Connection Imo

Options
  • 02-11-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was in French Connection today and tried on a dress which I decided to purchase. I noticed however that there was a small but noticeable tan stain on the dress, right in the middle. The assistant told me it was in fact the last one.

I asked since there were no more left would she take 10 euro off for the price of the dry cleaning (although its normally allot more than that). They refused. Their only offer was for me to pay full price, get it dry cleaned myself and if it still didn't come out then bring it back and they'd see what they could do :confused:

Pointless.

I work in a major department store and we always go out of our way to facilitate our customers when there is a genuine grievence! Who on earth is going to pay full price for a dress with a stain that may or may not come out :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moved from F&A.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That is just ridiculous.

Pay full price for an imperfect product? PLUS pay for it to be cleaned to be made perfect??

Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The person you were dealing with may not have had authorisation to discount the price.

Either way, don't worry about it. It's their loss. They don't have your money in their register right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

gatorade wrote: »
    I was in French Connection today and tried on a dress which I decided to purchase. I noticed however that there was a small but noticeable tan stain on the dress, right in the middle. The assistant told me it was in fact the last one.

I asked since there were no more left would she take 10 euro off for the price of the dry cleaning (although its normally allot more than that). They refused. Their only offer was for me to pay full price, get it dry cleaned myself and if it still didn't come out then bring it back and they'd see what they could do :confused:

Pointless.

I work in a major department store and we always go out of our way to facilitate our customers when there is a genuine grievence! Who on earth is going to pay full price for a dress with a stain that may or may not come out :pac:

Buy it online ?

You know the size and you know that fits ....

http://www.frenchconnection.com/category/womens+Dresses/Dresses.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭gatorade

dudara wrote: »
    The person you were dealing with may not have had authorisation to discount the price.

Either way, don't worry about it. It's their loss. They don't have your money in their register right now.

Sorry I should have added that she asked the manager beside her who glanced at the stain and shook her head.

But yeah, Il be buying it online for 15 euro cheaper :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I also work in a major dept store, we would almost always take 15% off a damaged item, whether that be a make-up or a tear. However, if it was something major (like a busted zip) we would most likely take a monetary amount off (eg if it is a dress at E150, we would maybe go to E125).

As Dudara said, their loss. They should want rid of it, I know from experience that no customer will take it with a stain.

Advertisement