Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double sim???

• 02-11-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

my new car has a slot for a sim card for the car phone. pure nuisance having to change it except on long journeys. the car manual recommends a double sim. its an english car. do any networks here in ireland offer a double sim????
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think you mean a clone sim, two sim cards but both contain the same number. If thats your question, then the answer is NO.

You could get another sim and setup call diverts to the other phone while in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

yeah davy thats the one same number on two sims. pity no company does it.

please excuse my ignorance but could explain to me in more detail how i'd do what you recommended

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sim1 is your main number that everyone knows. Stays in your mobile. When you get into the car, you activate the divert on the phone to the new sim you buy, that you have in the car phone.

So when anyone rings your number, it will automatically ring the car phone to make it easier for your self. Its not a perfect solution by any counts but could work.

The thing about diverts is the cost. Depending on plan and network they vary on cost, but can be the same price as ringing someone else unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

thanks for that davy. i'll give meteor a shout in the morning to see what they can do for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just an idea - if the car itself is that "high tech", does it by any chance have Bluetooth? If so, problem sorted.

Just hook your phone up to the car via Bluetooth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

diverts to the same network used to be free in the olden days but not anymore... ****ers

Advertisement