Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Sick-Note' Anderton Hall of Fame??

Options
  • 02-11-2009 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

I read somewhere that Darren Anderton and Steffen Freund are the latest ex-Spurs' to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Surely the Hall of Fame idea is getting devalued if Sick-Note is getting in to it!? He'll probably do his hamstring going up to get the award!

And Steffen Freund - although a real cult hero amongst the fans - he only played with us for 3 seasons and barely made 100 appearances?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

He'll probably do his hamstring going up to get the award!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

And Steffen Freund - although a real cult hero amongst the fans - he only played with us for 3 seasons and barely made 100 appearances?!

I thought he was a tw@t and pretend bottle job "hard man".

It's embarressing that he's being honoured when the likes of Stevie P get overlooked. Typical Tottenham politics. It's just a racket at the end of the day.

Disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I don't mind about Anderton getting it at least he was a good player when fit,but Freund, that's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Not sure myself if either of them deserve it!!

Darren was a great servant for the club. He did make 299 appearances even with all his injuries and scored 34 goals. Not sure if that qualifies him for the Hall of Fame though!

As for Mr Freund!!! I think this is purely to get on the right side of the fans! We all know how much he loved playing for us and lets face it the fans did love him when he was at the club and still he attends and everyone thinks he's great for that but Hall of Fame??? Not a hope.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Next up Gary Doherty and Sergi Rebrov :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

It's embarressing that he's being honoured when the likes of Stevie P get overlooked. Typical Tottenham politics. It's just a racket at the end of the day.

Disgraceful

Completely agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Doogs

Disgraceful

I was talking to a mate of mine about this at the game last week. Apparently Perryman wasn't overlooked, he turned it down as it thought it was ripping people off, paying for a big night out and all that. He said if they wanted to put him in the Hall of Fame, they could do it at half time during one of the games. Good on him.

Advertisement