Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PETSAFE BARK COLLAR

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

john p wrote: »
    I use a petsafe bark collar my vet told me to get it, we tryed trainer it did not work, put it on when he needs to be quite, you have to be fair to your neighbours best product ever, my vet had previously put asleep hundreds of dogs because of barking issiues,That is what happens in real life thats one vet There 3000 in Ireland do the math,

i cannot believe you take you dog to a vet who admitedly puts dogs to sleep because of barking! he is not a vet he's a money maker. any vet worth their weight do their job because they love animals and care for their well being. A dog should not be pts because of this type of behavour.
    your vet should be reported and stopped from practicing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 john p

Discodog wrote: »
    Any vet that put down a dog due to barking issues would be breaking his solemn Hippocratic oath. Out of interest I just checked with my vet who is a friend & she would refuse to destroy a dog because it barked. As she put it "barking is what dogs do !"

I would a) change vets asap b) report him

Ask your friend the vet if she thinks other vets "not her of course" put healthy dogs to sleep,if she says no she is lying as i have friends and relations who are also vets and unfortunally it happens, unwanted pets are put to sleep, If all vets refuse it would probally mean a lot more strays,

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well your Vet friends will tell you that the situation is changing. There are a lot of old school vets in Ireland & some even act as executioners for Dog Pounds. But luckily there are a new breed who have become vets because they care about animal welfare.

I can think of several vets in Galway that always have a stray recovering from surgery & where there is no one to pick up the bill. They don't kill the animal, they treat it. These "new school" compassionate vets are always the best at their job because they care.

A farmer bought his Collie to my vet after he had run it over. The vet had to amputate the dog's rear leg. She phoned the owner to give him the good news that the dog would recover. Needless to say he didn't want a three legged dog & told her to put it down. She rehomed the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Discodog wrote: »
    Well your Vet friends will tell you that the situation is changing. There are a lot of old school vets in Ireland & some even act as executioners for Dog Pounds. But luckily there are a new breed who have become vets because they care about animal welfare.

I can think of several vets in Galway that always have a stray recovering from surgery & where there is no one to pick up the bill. They don't kill the animal, they treat it. These "new school" compassionate vets are always the best at their job because they care.

A farmer bought his Collie to my vet after he had run it over. The vet had to amputate the dog's rear leg. She phoned the owner to give him the good news that the dog would recover. Needless to say he didn't want a three legged dog & told her to put it down. She rehomed the dog.

I hope this is true. See back in the day the requirements for being a vet were nowhere near what they are now- there's very very few places in UCD for it each year and the points are sky high. So hopefully this means only people that really want it will get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 cashel girl

i moved from a quite area last year into the town and im living in an estate now,when i moved here my dog(a bull mastiff x) was barking constant and woke me and neighbours several times after midnight so i bought a barkcoller(and hated doing it to her) but i only put it on after 8pm for short times at 1st and after a few days she knew when it was on not to bark,she has no marks and now i dont even use it. she only barks now during the day. i have got a shock from it a few times and it is not bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement